Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

I don't believe Axl wanna tour with Izzy because he fears that Izzy can quit again, we all know how pissed and sad he was in the Illusions tour about it. The Steven thing, I was thinking, he got screwed because of his injure, right? Maybe Axl, Slash and Duff thought that maybe he could go back to his drug addiction because of drugs to recover from the injure? I know it is almost conspiracy theory but I don't know, it makes sense to me

15 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Music Commercial Voice Guy....

It Is What It Is* - The New Album from Guns N' Roses featuring FOUNDER Axl Rose, CLASSIC members Slash and Duff McKagan, 15 YEARS Richard Fortus, Frank "You can tell it's Brownstone when the chorus hits" Ferrer and Melissa "Follow her on Instagram" Reese

*Album may contain music played by Dizzy Reed

It will be like Spaghetti Incident (the name was taken from Adler related incident), full of cover with The Seeker as their single.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Music Commercial Voice Guy....

It Is What It Is* - The New Album from Guns N' Roses featuring FOUNDER Axl Rose, CLASSIC members Slash and Duff McKagan, 15 YEARS Richard Fortus, Frank "You can tell it's Brownstone when the chorus hits" Ferrer and Melissa "Follow her on Instagram" Reese

*Album may contain music played by Dizzy Reed

made my day dude. that should be franks official title. and especially love the "it is what it is" phrase because it fits what this threeunion actually is. a completely specious statement. in what situation would it not apply? of course it is what it is, what else could it ever be? ends up being, in fact, a meaningless statement.

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

I really don't understand how so many don't get this concept. If you start a business with your friend and said friend leaves for whatever reason and is paid money for his share at the time in the partnership why should he be allowed to come back later and expect to just waltz back in? I don't understand how people just ignore that fact and think you would truly do the same. Why should they do it for the fans? I mean they had to live through it all. Sure as fans it sucks that Steven isn't there full time but he did receive his share of the partnership as did Izzy. Its not their fault said band and partnership is making good money now. They're not obligated nor would it be legally advised to bring them back as anything now but employees. That's the business side of things. 

I thought too much is expected here. Also was Axl ever really known to hang out with the band? I mean maybe in the beginning but he's always kind of stuck to his own. Did we forget that?

He's passive aggressive he likes to make a nice comment when he's really taking digs. 

Steven is ruining any chance he ever had with this band and showing why they couldn't trust him if that may be the case. 

Also wouldnt Fernando be the one who pays him anyway? Is that not a part of his job to cut checks? Or is this another way to dig at Axl for something that Fernando has likely been doing all along?

Anyway I'm curious about the contract he signed with Duff.

I fail to see how the partnership thing is related to Steven at all. He never said he wanted equal payment or anything of that sort. He just wanted to play more songs.

As you say, Steven can be brought back as just an 'employee'. Why isn't he then? Because Axl can't get his head out his ass. There is no other explanation. There is no reason to leave him out of the reunion other than being an ass. Slash and Duff are going with it for the time being, and if it continues on this way then they too turned into real yesmen to Axl, at the expense of the fans, a heartbroken drummer, and Izzy too.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sidman69 said:

- He said he wanted to Push Frank down the stairs one night so he could play a full show but he couldn't because Frank is such a great guy. 

:lol: I'm imagining backstage at a GN'R with Steven being a bit like a Tom & Jerry cartoon....

• Like 1

Please do everything to get Izzy on the show. 

Seems to me that Axl will not forgive Steven. Axl paid Steven, was it a million plus more to end Steven's interest in the band? and wants nothing to do with him.

Duff made Steven sign an non-disclosure agreement before they could talk? Yikes. Understandable, but that must have hurt Steven.

i think steven loves the spotlight, even if that requires that he talks shit. 

He unfortunately has no future with GnR, that's pretty obvious now... But in the process now, he's dragging Izzy down aswell... 

Dude need to learn to keep some private conversations to himself

At best we may see izzy slash duff axl and frank on a 30th anniversary thing, probably a small USA run.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sadly, they CAN tour on nostalgia alone for the rest of forever. Look at The Rolling Stones, U2, Aerosmith, ACDC, The Who, Metallica, Van Halen, KISS, etc. Do you think any of those big, stadium/arena bands are selling because of new material? Hell no. All of those artists barely release music and when they do, it is seen as simply a little bonus for die hards. They'll have a lead single played on the radio for a month or two and that's it. No one really cares. GNR (with Axl and Slash) moves them away from at least KISS territory, and into at least permanent Aerosmith  and ACDC territory. If they tour after NITL they are guaranteed at least arenas until they retire or die, and if they wait another 5 years, they could probably sell stadiums (with less dates, cheaper tickets, and maybe another big band). They are officially in legacy, nostalgia mode. Nothing more.

Nostalgia is really all they have left, sadly. GNR isn't really a "band" like we all want to believe. It isn't a group of guys with common beliefs and passion. Its corporate rock to a "T". Big venues, typical merchandise (all big bands now have the overpriced posters, shirts, books, etc by the same company), similar setlists every night (with a few strategic deep cuts for die hards like us and packed with hits), drama kept to a minimum, no more late starts, no interviews... it doesn't mean they aren't good live or don't put on a good show. Hell, I love NITL. Its great, and it'd have been almost perfect with a few new songs and Steven and Izzy but it will NEVER be like the old days. If we ever do get new music, it will be like all those albums released by those other bands. Sure, we might even love it but it will wind up like 13, A Different Kind of Truth, Rock or Bust, Music From Another Dimension, etc. It is what it is.

Black Sabbath's 13 was a number 1 album don't forget! I wouldn't go lumping the last 2 Acker Dacker LPs into the same category as VH's or Aero's last offerings either. Those 2 band's new album's stand out as massive successes by comparison to VH and Aerosmith's imho

2 minutes ago, Słash said:

Steven is not the problem, its how the mind of some people work, the big 3 are too much of themselves, they think they are above anyone else. Its their nature. Duff is a diplomatic person, Slash and Axl think how they can earn more money. 

Take an example of Dizzy Reed, yeah he is a complete tool, but poor guy totally gets ignored by everyone and this blue haired chick is so friendly with Slash, Duff and Axl.

Steven is a far away thing, When Slash and Duff could backstab their friend Matt, they played with him for so many years in big bands did so many shows together. 

Duff was best friends with Izzy, but see what happened now? 

They're all very wealthy, I tend to think that it's all for the fans now, ive met duff and chatted, and he is just a dedicated musician who enjoys playing to a crowd, the money is a bonus...

these days Id assume they want to keep it simple..... Like "are you in or out?"  Once they want to talk money, that's where it falls over.

11 hours ago, cheesecake said:

I'm hoping to understand more about this statement. Because Axl doesn't want to see anybody? That's why Melissa and Richard fit in? Sorry I'm a bit densed here....

as I was told by a person who shared a stage with them (and children here beliving in illusions cried waterfalls), this is business where everyone involved is in it for money.

there ain't no contact, common dinners, hanging around.

common flight, seperate soundcheck, common stage for the gig, seperate changing rooms, seperate dinner, back on plane. period.

as Duff said 'I am here cause my contract says so'.

He and Slash are close, but that is as far as it goes with friendships in that band 2016/17.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Słash said:

Steven is not the problem, its how the mind of some people work, the big 3 are too much of themselves, they think they are above anyone else. Its their nature. Duff is a diplomatic person, Slash and Axl think how they can earn more money. 

Take an example of Dizzy Reed, yeah he is a complete tool, but poor guy totally gets ignored by everyone and this blue haired chick is so friendly with Slash, Duff and Axl.

Steven is a far away thing, When Slash and Duff could backstab their friend Matt, they played with him for so many years in big bands did so many shows together. 

Duff was best friends with Izzy, but see what happened now? 

Wrong! Steven IS a drug addict and alcoholic that still needs care and this is not a joke this is a hell of disease and at any moment he can falling back again..And that "He looks healthy "  It's not a guarantee! 

Just that fact is already reason enough to let him off the tour, IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derick said:

Wrong! Steven IS a drug addict and alcoholic that still needs care and this is not a joke this is a hell of disease and at any moment he can falling back again..And that "He looks healthy "  It's not a guarantee! 

Just that fact is already reason enough to let him off the tour, IMO.

They're all addicts that could fall off the wagon at anytime. That isn't a reason to keep Steven off the tour.

• Like 4

Well .. This is GNR so why this time things wouldn't suck?! Is hard as a fan to speak like this but is The true. Axl is an asshole and always was and always'll be. Sad but true. Come on 10 seconds with Steven? Dude you are a grown man keep tour shit togheter.... But well it is what is and i think karma pays back. Axl is a joke of himself, yes i know he's earning money but he's just and unhappy person and was it since The Break up .. Getting bald, fat, loosing his voice, everyone laughs At him everytime. Never hang out with your band? Wtf is that.... This is so sad but well that's why they are not as bigger as great bands...because they aren't. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

They're all addicts that could fall off the wagon at anytime. That isn't a reason to keep Steven off the tour.

Alcoholism and drug addiction do not have the same effect for everyone. Some people may get away but others will fight the rest of their lives against this.

45 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

there ain't no contact, common dinners, hanging around.

common flight, seperate soundcheck, common stage for the gig, seperate changing rooms, seperate dinner, back on plane. period.

The reason why we never get to see pics of all three having dinners together. Nothing's changed apparently.

There's higher chance of us getting an album collab btwn Axl and Angus than Axl with his own band. At least we know he dined with Angus LOL.

• Like 3