Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

2 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Black Sabbath's 13 was a number 1 album don't forget! I wouldn't go lumping the last 2 Acker Dacker LPs into the same category as VH's or Aero's last offerings either. Those 2 band's new album's stand out as massive successes by comparison to VH and Aerosmith's imho

Metallica and ACDC are not a nostalgia act ... they are serious bands with professional players. Deal with it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Metallica and ACDC are not a nostalgia act ... they are serious bands with professional players. Deal with it. 

Lol ACDC is the definition of a nostalgia band. Same props, same moves, same poses, same lighting, same show. Only tour 1-2 times a decade...

Nostalgia isnt a bad thing though imo

16 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lol ACDC is the definition of a nostalgia band. Same props, same moves, same poses, same lighting, same show. Only tour 1-2 times a decade...

Nostalgia isnt a bad thing though imo

a band who releases albums everytime and tour playing songs of the new album is not a nostalgia act .. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Theyve released 2 albums in the past decade

exactly. That's good ... how much do you want to release in ten years? Maybe 3 but 2 is Ok .. on the otherside you have Axl since 94 till now only released one... and keep touring playing songs of 30 years ago .. that's a nostalgia act, not acdc. 

9 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Deal with what?! Huh?

Many people here critizes metallica or acdc all the time .. yeah my favourite band is gnr but those are much more professional, consistent and shit they release music man .. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sadly, they CAN tour on nostalgia alone for the rest of forever. Look at The Rolling Stones, U2, Aerosmith, ACDC, The Who, Metallica, Van Halen, KISS, etc. Do you think any of those big, stadium/arena bands are selling because of new material? Hell no. All of those artists barely release music and when they do, it is seen as simply a little bonus for die hards. They'll have a lead single played on the radio for a month or two and that's it. No one really cares. GNR (with Axl and Slash) moves them away from at least KISS territory, and into at least permanent Aerosmith  and ACDC territory. If they tour after NITL they are guaranteed at least arenas until they retire or die, and if they wait another 5 years, they could probably sell stadiums (with less dates, cheaper tickets, and maybe another big band). They are officially in legacy, nostalgia mode. Nothing more.

Yes Alex, this is correct.  But I believe the argument was they could keep on selling out stadiums in this configuration forever.  My point was they really haven't sold out stadiums now (in the US other than the largest markets) and they eventually would go to arenas, then theaters then be done, bc this is clearly a money grab, so once the money dries up they are done.

additiknally every single one of those bands you cite are putting new records to tour and most of them have failed at having a successful tour after their first go around other than the Stones and the Who, both of whom are on the Mt Rushmore of rock.

U2 isn't a fair comparison either bc they have been consistently putting out successful records and are the original members.

a lot of your comparisons are apples to oranges.  Every scenario and situation is different for one reason or another.

20 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

exactly. That's good ... how much do you want to release in ten years? Maybe 3 but 2 is Ok .. on the otherside you have Axl since 94 till now only released one... and keep touring playing songs of 30 years ago .. that's a nostalgia act, not acdc. 

Many people here critizes metallica or acdc all the time .. yeah my favourite band is gnr but those are much more professional, consistent and shit they release music man .. 

As someone ego consistently bashes those two bands, you have a fair point.  In all fairness though, the sands of time haven't run out on GnR releasing new material yet before bashing them for lack of it in my opinion.

On the other hand...for both of these bands their material now is garbage, so it's also fairly irrelevant.

Edited by tsinindy

Just now, tsinindy said:

As someone ego consistently bashes those two bands you have a fair point.  In all fairness though, the sands of time haven't run out on GnR releasing new material yet before bashing them for lack of it in my opinion.

Because their songs are too good .. and even if they add more deep cuts even spaghetti incident songs they could keep touring forever without releasing anything new.. but this is not the case, they are playing the same songs always and after they finish this tour then what? 

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

Because their songs are too good .. and even if they add more deep cuts even spaghetti incident songs they could keep touring forever without releasing anything new.. but this is not the case, they are playing the same songs always and after they finish this tour then what? 

What is your question?  I don't understand.   My point is I don't think it's fair to bash GnR for not releasing new material yet when they have been reformed for less than a year.   It seems you are claiming GnR is a nostalgia act bc they have no new material and these other bands aren't bc they do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Yeah and I'm still confused as to why you quoted what I said and told me to "deal with it"?!

im from Australia mate, we don't fuckin' criticise our own i.e. Acker Dacker 

• Like 1

I hate to say this I love Steven but as long as AXL-SLASH- DUFF are on the same stage I really don't care who the drummer is - the other guitar player is either - I have seen all the members in their Prime and last year as well in Nashville besides IZZY  - AS long as SLASH DUFF and AXL are making music  I am very Happy as a lifetime fan - SLASH is the reason I became a fan and  he always brings it every night just like always - Welcome  to the Slash SHOW and I have always loved it  and always will love it !!!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Yeah and I'm still confused as to why you quoted what I said and told me to "deal with it"?!

im from Australia mate, we don't fuckin' criticise our own i.e. Acker Dacker 

I was not talking to YOU exactly. My point was that most people here makes fun of Metallica or shit like that but the fact is they are a consistant band .. In terms of professionalism, releasing music, rotating songs.. Metallica>GN'R.. some people have to accept that

3 hours ago, Słash said:

Steven is not the problem, its how the mind of some people work, the big 3 are too much of themselves, they think they are above anyone else. Its their nature. Duff is a diplomatic person, Slash and Axl think how they can earn more money. 

Take an example of Dizzy Reed, yeah he is a complete tool, but poor guy totally gets ignored by everyone and this blue haired chick is so friendly with Slash, Duff and Axl.

Steven is a far away thing, When Slash and Duff could backstab their friend Matt, they played with him for so many years in big bands did so many shows together. 

Duff was best friends with Izzy, but see what happened now? 

How can you substantiate any of that?

How do you know Slash only wants to make money?

You are talking about their relationships which most of us are not privy to. 

Edited by Slosh13

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't agree. Most of if not all of their tours are in support of new music. They have released music all the way up to their last tour and always play a handful of new songs at their shows.  They may have played less when Axl joined but their last two albums got a decent amount of radio time around my area. Just because they stick to their Guns and play stripped down Rock N' Roll doesn't make them nostalgia.. This is also a band that has refused up to this point to release a greatest hits record as well.

My two cents on AC/DC

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Did that dude who wrote Steven's book ever end up getting paid? After reading about that debacle a few years ago I take anything Steven says with a huge grain of salt. 

This is why I don't trust any of the people involved in this whole debacle. Even Duff looks shady. 

I really don't think that this is a reunion in Axl's eyes, and thats the problem people are having
with it.  Axl has very little interest in an AFD 5 reunion.

This is still his band as far as he is concerned. Read between the lines. 

1) Slash and Duff play CD songs
2) Slash and Duff can't do interviews / press
3) 2 keyboard players and pyro (something Slash + Duff wouldn't care too much for)

In return, Axl has agreed to be on time and play some songs like Coma / DTJ.  

In Axl's eyes, Guns had some open slots with Bumble, Tommy and DJ leaving.  
There was an opportunity for Slash and Duff to rejoin.  

Even if Steven and Izzy were involved, it would be in addition to Richard, Frank, Melissa and Dizzy.

People wanted a sentimental AFD 5 reunion, but that was never on the cards.  

I am happy with the reunion because this is what I expected and this is exactly what they announced

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sadly, they CAN tour on nostalgia alone for the rest of forever. Look at The Rolling Stones, U2, Aerosmith, ACDC, The Who, Metallica, Van Halen, KISS, etc. Do you think any of those big, stadium/arena bands are selling because of new material? Hell no. All of those artists barely release music and when they do, it is seen as simply a little bonus for die hards. They'll have a lead single played on the radio for a month or two and that's it. No one really cares.

No, you don't care, but you're not everyone, you do realize that, don't you?

Also, U2 has been releasing albums consistently since 1980, so get your facts straight.