Steven and Deanna Adler on Jay Mohr

I had posted this in another thread but figure it deserves its own. GnR is discussed a bit as well as why the book is titled the way it is.

Stevens original departure is discussed as well.

Much of this interview like most is about the book with GnR bits mixed in

Axl announcing Steven wasn't with the band on MTV is discussed. I can't remember everything discussed

Anyway figured those interested in Steven Adler right now and all his interviews or even her book may wish to hear it and not dig through pages of the thread I posted it in yesterday.

Don't really want to fully summarize as I figure people should gain their own opinion and thoughts on it first.

The guys has a way with getting to the truth on certain things, I'll say that. Some I wish he dug deeper on but he knew when to just let certain things go and when to push.

https://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=331&pid=1713711

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

10 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I had posted this in another thread but figure it deserves its own. GnR is discussed a bit as well as why the book is titled the way it is.

Stevens original departure is discussed as well.

Much of this interview like most is about the book with GnR bits mixed in

Axl announcing Steven wasn't with the band on MTV is discussed. I can't remember everything discussed

Anyway figured those interested in Steven Adler right now and all his interviews or even her book may wish to hear it and not dig through pages of the thread I posted it in yesterday.

Don't really want to fully summarize as I figure people should gain their own opinion and thoughts on it first.

The guys has a way with getting to the truth on certain things, I'll say that. Some I wish he dug deeper on but he knew when to just let certain things go and when to push.

https://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=331&pid=1713711

I listened to the beginning of this the other day....is Steven even on this, or just his mom?

Just now, Padme said:

Slash says in his book that they tried out other guy but he sucked reallly bad. I don't know if Steven meant that

He said that the drummer from the Pretenders was offered the job but was asked to tone down the size of his drum kit and wouldn't do it.

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

He said that the drummer from the Pretenders was offered the job but was asked to tone down the size of his drum kit and wouldn't do it.

It might be that one. I read the book long ago and I don't remember all the details about it. I only remember that Slash mantioned they tried out someone else before Sorum.

12 hours ago, G-Money said:

I could barely get through Jay Mohr. First and last time I've ever heard his podcast. WAY out-interrupts Adler.

Same first timer here. I still have the tab open with the podcast on, it's half way through, where Steven already came into the studio and talked about when he stole syringes from his granny's stash, that was two days ago when I listened, and I still haven't got back to listening again. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I could only get through 1/2 of it.  I've heard a few of Jay Mohr's podcasts before, some good, some bad.  But I couldn't finish this one.

As Bossy alluded to, it sounded like an AA meeting or quasi intervention. 

I listened to the whole thing. I wish I did not.

I cannot stand that man. At all. I will never listen to anything else he does. There are very, very few people who can get under my skin and irritate me as much as Mohr was doing by the end of that show. I do not get irritated very easily. At first it was an uncomfortable feeling because it felt like I was listening into someone's therapy session. By the end it wasn't so much a therapy session as someone pretending to be a therapist so he could tell his captives how they really feel and what is really going on deep down inside of them without letting them express themselves at all. It seemed to me that he pretty much kept pressing until they agreed with him or if they stuck by their guns and didn't agree he'd change what he said so they'd agree and say that was what he was saying all a long.

I feel dirty just for having listened to it.

Hopefully Deanna, Steven and everyone else who listened to it don't feel the same as me and feel enlightened or whatever.

Edited by sanity_lost