Axl's voice =Weight / physical state

It's kind of stupid with all the dissucions related to Axl's voice (that was a good year, his voice is changing again etc etc) when it is so obvious it is related his physical state / weight. He has obvisously lost some weight now, and yes he sound better in 2017.

Look at Download 2006 he was fuckin ripped and sounded amazing.

Edited by Sunset Strip
typo

2 minutes ago, Sunset Strip said:

It's kind of stupid with all the dissucions related to Axl's voices (that was a good year, his voice is changing again etc etc) when it is so obvious it is related his physical state / weight. He has obvisously lost some weight now, and yes he sound better in 2017.

Hmm I don't think so. It helps but look at 2002, he was in good shape and sounded horrible.

• Like 2

Check my blurry profile pic, you can still make out the abs and that's from RIR at the beginning of nuGuns live era, a period many claim to feature weak vocals. 

Fast forward to 2010, a period many claim was the last to feature great vocals overall, and we have an Axl that physically looks as though he may be in the midst of his own Elvis sweaty jumpsuit era i.e. uncharacteristicly overweight

So go figure..

4 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Check my blurry profile pic, you can still make out the abs and that's from RIR at the beginning of nuGuns live era, a period many claim to feature weak vocals. 

Fast forward to 2010, a period many claim was the last to feature great vocals overall, and we have an Axl that physically looks as though he may be in the midst of his own Elvis sweaty jumpsuit era i.e. uncharacteristicly overweight

So go figure..

First of all, that pic is from the Joint not Rock in Rio...

• Like 1

I remembered some documentaries on youtube. That disasterous Metallica x Guns concert, Lars Ulrich (if I'm not mistaken) said after Axl abruptly end the show, he went to backstage and complained about his throat was scratchy so he couldn't sing well but after that he smoke and drink some more :facepalm:

51 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

1 hour ago, Sunset Strip said:

It's kind of stupid with all the dissucions related to Axl's voice (that was a good year, his voice is changing again etc etc) when it is so obvious it is related his physical state / weight. He has obvisously lost some weight now, and yes he sound better in 2017.

See I'm not even sure he lost much more weight than Axl 2010. It's not because he shaved the moustache and wears tshirts sometimes now than he is less fat. I'm giving you that he is less bloated and less out of breath. Still cracking jokes about Taco Bell though.

Axl was never really "overweight"- in 2011-2014: he was moreso bloated, had the handlebar mustache and always wore multiple layers with leather jackets and jewelry. Axl's weight really only affects stamina. Slimming down further won't magically bring back rasp. He's fit now, he has good muscular arms and looks pretty in shape for a 55 year old.

2 hours ago, tifalucis said:

I remembered some documentaries on youtube. That disasterous Metallica x Guns concert, Lars Ulrich (if I'm not mistaken) said after Axl abruptly end the show, he went to backstage and complained about his throat was scratchy so he couldn't sing well but after that he smoke and drink some more :facepalm:

He was sick and he struggled for almost an hour through the set. You hear him getting worse and worse. 

Don't get it twisted, Axl's still the muthafuckin' man, a living, breathing rock god of gods, but his appearance will always be linked with the perception of his invincibility. I mean, Robert Plant still looked his old self, svelte and golden god-ish for that 1 lone comeback show. 

Axl's on the cusp of his old '06'07 physique really, but he just needs that extra push, more than likely in the diet department.

Unfortunately it would seem, as always, he's marching to the beat of his own drum, and that means Taco Bell if wants it and he gets it! ;-D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Axl essentially quit singing in the mid-90s. That alone is going to have effects on your vocal performance. 

Then he started singing again but only in the studio and without a vocal coach. His voice on the 2001-2002 tour is likely due to these factors. There's also rumors of vocal surgery between 2004-2006.

In 2006 he came roaring back, yes, but he also effectively blew his voice on multiple occasions. These performances, while certainly the closest proxy to his halcyon days also were characterized by high-peaks and low valleys until the final leg of the 2006 tour when his fitness caught up. His vocals were pretty solid in 2007 in Mexico and Japan even though he started to put on weight again as a counter.

TL;DR: Yes, weight and cardiovascular shape plays a role but it's overly reductive to say that's the cause and we don't really know for sure.

So easy, even an internet commenter can do it!

Voice-over narrator voice for the win! 

Sorry! Starting the line "Then he started singing again, but only in the studio" I started hearing the voice-narrator voice you hear in documenaries as I read your comment. It was great!

Edited by sanity_lost
to explain my weird comment