12-16-2010 to 10-02-2011

It's been discussed A LOT, and nobody knows what happened. Rock In Rio was of course especially bad even for a 2011 show, because of the pouring rain and all. But still, it's confusing how his voice changed so much.

Also in 2014 we witnessed a pretty drastic change between the Golden Gods show and the first Vegas show. But that was a pretty big change for the better. Not as big as the 2010-2011 change though.

Anyway all this discussion about Axl's voice is getting pretty boring to me. His voice is great at the moment. Not as great as it once was, but great nevertheless. And I disagree with rudolf1978. I can totally see people turning to fans when they see Axl's current performances. Those screams are still unearthly, even if his voice isn't 100% raspy all the time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

I miss 2010 Axl a lot.This reunion would be a total comeback,but....people go to the stadium just to see how it goes after these years,but i dont see people turining to fans with performances like this,

Who "becomes" a GNR fan in the year 2017?  If they aren't on board by now, I don't think they're gonna be.

And if nobody likes GNR anyway...who cares?  Why does other people liking the same band matter?  I just like what I like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Who "becomes" a GNR fan in the year 2017?  If they aren't on board by now, I don't think they're gonna be.

And if nobody likes GNR anyway...who cares?  Why does other people liking the same band matter?  I just like what I like.

This is really false. I became a fan in 2012 at age 18. And I'm sure as hell not the only one

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This is really false. I became a fan in 2012 at age 18. And I'm sure as hell not the only one

I was age 14 in 2013 when I became a really big fan (I'm talking about visting forums, looking at concerts and collecting GN'R stuff) so I'm definitely with you!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I turn into a fan and learn a whole lot of GNR history since 2013. Went to see them in Ferro 2014 and 2016 at River. I'm about to turn 21. so People can turn into fans even if it's 2017..

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I was age 14 in 2013 when I became a really big fan (I'm talking about visting forums, looking at concerts and collecting GN'R stuff) so I'm definitely with you!

If that's true you were born the year OMG came out...and in that case I'm old as fuck at 26. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

If that's true you were born the year OMG came out...and in that case I'm old as fuck at 26. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeeeah I was, missed the old band, missed the CD wait and missed Axl kicking ass in '06,'07,'09 and '10...

But at least I got to read about it ;)

• Like 1

Bad comparing that 2010 show to one of the worst show he ever had. I heard somewhere that he was sick at the RIR 2011 show? had the flue or something.. but overall i agree his voice changed very much in that short span of time. Maybe medical or he just didn't take care of his vocal training enough.

This evening i was watching some youtube from 2006, hadn't done that in a long time. I almost forgot how awesome voice he had that year! So damn powerful and that vocal range! very controlled most of the time it even sounded really good when he used his clean voice in that year. got the chills!

Saw them last fall in San Diego, can't complain! that show rocked =)

Even if Axl's "voice changes" been discussed endlessly it's still interesting though. :P

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1