What George Michael said about Axl Rose

2 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Please someone could transcrition?

At 4.07 s

I understand the part of interviewer asked if GM had met  Axl and if they hang out...but the GM answer only "yes"...

He says they've met two or three times but they dont hang out, he likes him, thinks he has a lot of integrity and will be around for a while, last song he heard was Civil War and he was impressed by it though a little sceptical to begin with because he thought it was a big jump, thought it was possibly a cover because it was on a charity album, the end.

• Like 2

I don't know why Civil War would seem like such a big jump stylistically. I mean it probably wouldn't have made sense on AFD but it's still a hard rock song at the end of the day, possibly bit of a jump lyrically as politics wasn't something Guns fucked with previously.

Edited by Silverburst80

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

I don't know why Civil War would seem like such a big jump stylistically. I mean it probably wouldn't have made sense on AFD but it's still a hard rock song at the end of the day, possibly bit of a jump lyrically as politics wasn't something Guns fucked with previously.

With the greatest of respect George weren't exactly known for his brains, bless him.

On 26-2-2017 at 4:06 AM, Len Cnut said:

With the greatest of respect George weren't exactly known for his brains, bless him.

Aw, He did love the Sex Pistols, so he had some ;)

That vid made me all sad again. Not sure why his death upsetted me so much, but it did. Maybe cause he was so famous, when I grew up and it was so unexpected. It's weird, cause I loved the music of Prince way more, yet his death didn't made me so upset. Also I think GM was a way better songwriter as most people thought. I was kind of waiting for his best work to come. I really liked GM, not only his later music, but also as a person. His interviews were so nice to watch. So sad most remember the scandal and not his work. Anyway it upsetted me a whole lot and not sure exactly why.

• Like 2

Glad to see it got translated and glad that he had nice things to say about Axl.

On Civil War I think many may not realize it but as the albums went on he was sort of ahead and evolving as well with songs. There are certain songs that are more progressive for lack of a better word to describe it. 

Axl has a way to take old styles and progress them or even introduce progressed things that to some may seem subtle but to musicians they will recognize it easier. Its one of the reasons I consider him a genius as a musician.

I also think it may be one of the things Slash and even fans didn't understand so well. He was ahead of the times so to speak with some things. He also has a way of taking older less appreciated now styles by some and making them into a masterpiece that people love. 

Knocking On Heavens Door is one. Though many love Bobs version to me GnR took it to a whole new level. 

Not many use Pianos and orchestra like in rock songs. Axl's piano isn't really understood by some of his own band mates but they can't deny those songs are some of their biggest and recognized hits.

I couldn't imagine GnR without those big piano hits. 

Civil Wars lyrics may be what he's referring to.

Some commented about George Michael's intelligence but I believe he too write stuff that some weren't ready for.

For example, 'One More Try". 

@MB. It upset me quite a bit too. I had tremendous respect for his music.