why did only Axl defend GNR in court?

58 minutes ago, Asia said:

They all testified but there's no recording available. They all meaning Slash and Duff also.

Correct, and Izzy had left the band by the time Adler filed suit, so he wouldn't be called to represent Gubs N Roses.

Edited by tsinindy
Gubs lol, I'm leaving it alone :)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, whatashame said:

I am talking about this situation. I was watching this video again and something just struck me.

Adler sues and Axl is in court to "defend" or whatever it is that he does.

Adler wanted money. Adler's lawyer used arguments such as "my client says GNR got him into drugs. Supplied him drugs, encouraged him to use drugs and did drugs with him. Didn't you write that song Mr Brownstone? Isn't it about heroin?" (paraphrase)

My question is - why did Axl show up in court? Axl was not sued. The band was sued. Shouldn't they have all showed up? or none of them and just send their lawyers and Doug / Niven who penned the contract with Adler?

Axl didn't even write the song Mr Brownstone.

You will say I am digging too much into it, but was it another example Axl who did the dirty job in GNR, even tho "the other three's" autobiographies tried to make it look different? Or was it another example of Axl bossing people around? While Slash and Duff were blowing up their pancreas and Izzy was way too cool to do anything, Axl was in court defending THEIR money from being given to local LA crack dealers.

You just assumed Slash and Duff weren't there because there's no video of it. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Axl wanted to control everyone and everything so let him represent the band in court too. :P

wouldn't it be awkward if Slash or Duff would represent the band in court? I mean Adler claimed GN'R got him into more drugs Then a sober Axl would be a much better choice than major addicts like Sluff were at the time :P

1 hour ago, estranged_85 said:

wouldn't it be awkward if Slash or Duff would represent the band in court? I mean Adler claimed GN'R got him into more drugs Then a sober Axl would be a much better choice than major addicts like Sluff were at the time :P

Well they both did represent the band in court so not sure what you mean...

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Well they both did represent the band in court so not sure what you mean...

I meant exactly what i wrote. It would be much a better choice to have Axl represent the band in court because he was the sober one at the time. Too bad Sluff's statements weren't filmed/released.

4 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

I meant exactly what i wrote. It would be much a better choice to have Axl represent the band in court because he was the sober one at the time. Too bad Sluff's statements weren't filmed/released.

Alright I see now. I don't think it mattered who was sober, though. I don't think they came to court fucked up and tripping on their way to the stand...

Edited by Asia

Way to go Mr rose.  U were the sober one, the ideas one, and u did a hell of a job up there.

Im sure slash and duff totally get by now the horrible shape they were then and how hard was for axl to interact with them.  Dont want even think on important band desicions and stuff like that.   I kinda been there.  Not easy at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Way to go Mr rose.  U were the sober one, the ideas one, and u did a hell of a job up there.

Im sure slash and duff totally get by now the horrible shape they were then and how hard was for axl to interact with them.  Dont want even think on important band desicions and stuff like that.   I kinda been there.  Not easy at all.

Image result for sigh gif
  • Like 4