why did only Axl defend GNR in court?

I love this idea that Axl was a poor guy who had to deal with that big junkie Slash was.

Somehow, Slash still was the one doing most of the band's press and Axl was the one who was getting on stage 3 hours late and causing riots for the stupidest reasons.

Seriously, poor Axl, the hell Slash put him through... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

why you dont wanna upload it?

Cos he's a dirty hoarder :lol: He's probably the first hoarder in the history of mygnrforum to prove he has what he says he has with no drama whatsoever, got to give him credit for that.

I'm pretty sure the forum rules now dictate that we call him a dick for not sharing? Can a mod confirm? :P

Edited by downliner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Sorry, I didn't know we'd talked about this before. 

I don't disagree that the past is the past, etc....but present day Adler is still a bit of a wild card and I think it's understandable that they weren't willing to put this tour in his hands. He's also a bit of an obnoxious, outspoken character and if Axl/Duff/Slash came to an agreement on what this is and how it's going to go, there's a good chance Adler's going to shoot off about what he wants and what he thinks they should do. Basically there are some complicated, fragile relationships here that Adler doesn't have the tact to deal with. 

Its cool! This is the most reasonable you have sounded towards me.

I totally get all that. You are probably right, actually. I just think him and Izzy should have been there, they were part of the original* band. Of course the 5 of them should have been on stage for a reunion! Look at how NITL has been promoted. The "back to the beginning" show at the Troubadour, the setlist (aside from a few Chinese songs to appease Axl), the stage (its UYI for the modern age), the screen graphics, the old logos, the merchandise (seriously, aside from event shirts and posters the rest are reissues like the "Coma" shirt, the bullet logo, and ironically, the AfD cross)... EVERYTHING about this tour is designed with nostalgia in mind. That is fine with me, I just think they should have done it right. It should have been the 5. I understand the reunion would bring hurt feelings, but it shouldn't have been Izzy and Steven. Have the AfD5 with Frank, Richard, Dizzy, and Melissa backing them up. PLENTY of arena and stadium rock bands have a backing ensemble. If either Izzy or Steven dropped out or fucked up, Frank and Richard would have been right there. The only reason that didn't happen seems to be because of money and to an extent, personal issues.

...and those are my views on Steven. None of this means I dislike Axl, Slash or Duff or that I don't think NITL is anything less than awesome. It just means don't think they did everything right.

1 hour ago, downliner said:

Cos he's a dirty hoarder :lol: He's probably the first hoarder in the history of mygnrforum to prove he has what he says he has with no drama whatsoever, got to give him credit for that.

I'm pretty sure the forum rules now dictate that we call him a dick for not sharing? Can a mod confirm? :P

Oh shoot, sorry. I only brought it up because someone said it wasn't recorded. And I thought you'd appreciate the screenshots. But that's all it is, them sitting there talking. It's long, & I don't have time to do all that. Besides, I don't want to be concerned about pissing somebody off or the legality of it all.

Peace :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jungle-Natives said:

Oh shoot, sorry. I only brought it up because someone said it wasn't recorded. And I thought you'd appreciate the screenshots. But that's all it is, them sitting there talking. It's long, & I don't have time to do all that. Besides, I don't want to be concerned about pissing somebody off or the legality of it all.

Thanks for doing so. I guess I was one of those that thought Axl was the only one in court, even if I didn't really think a lot about it. I don't know how that Axl video got out then and the rest didn't.

Now the question of the OP is answered, mods can close this thread and people can go bicker about who was the most unreliable in another thread (because, Jesus, what a messy thread again) :P

5 hours ago, Jungle-Natives said:

O c'mon man, Axl's testimony is all-over the web, I don't really believe there'll be any legal issues involved. This is not unreleased music or whatever. Uploading is done pretty much by itself, there isn't much you need to do except waiting. And in fact what Salsh and Steven had to say in this trial is quite fascinating and for some reasons more interesting than what Axl was saying.

We're all here in the same position, we're all fans of a band that doesn't really do much to keep us informed. All we know, all we have is thanks to fans, who somehow got hold of some footage and shared it with the rest of the fanbase, without being selfish. If people weren't doing this, we'd be nowhere and would know exactly nothing, you included. So if you have something like this, don't keep to yourself - what the hell will you gain on this? Share it and if you definitely don't want to, at least transcribe what was said by whom but that probably would take a lot more effort than uploading...

And the screenshots - well, nice pictures but they don't do much really in terms of broadening our knowledge or satisfying our interest...

Edited by Asia

1 hour ago, Asia said:

O c'mon man, Axl's testimony is all-over the web, I don't really believe there'll be any legal issues involved. This is not unreleased music or whatever. Uploading is done pretty much by itself, there isn't much you need to do except waiting. And in fact what Salsh and Steven had to say in this trial is quite fascinating and for some reasons more interesting than what Axl was saying.

We're all here in the same position, we're all fans of a band that doesn't really do much to keep us informed. All we know, all we have is thanks to fans, who somehow got hold of some footage and shared it with the rest of the fanbase, without being selfish. If people weren't doing this, we'd be nowhere and would know exactly nothing, you included. So if you have something like this, don't keep to yourself - what the hell will you gain on this? Share it and if you definitely don't want to, at least transcribe what was said by whom but that probably would take a lot more effort than uploading...

And the screenshots - well, nice pictures but they don't do much really in terms of broadening our knowledge or satisfying our interest...

I may be wrong but isn't @Jungle-Natives the co-writer of Adlers book? 

If that's the case (which I believe since he had a podcast a couple of years ago) he may have personal reasons for not sharing it.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

I haven't downloaded any video, and the one in question is an actual video cassette. I don't even know how to go about ripping it or whatever, I don't have the equipment or the technology. I'm not obligated to anybody, and honestly I'm put off by the aggressive language. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jungle-Natives said:

I haven't downloaded any video, and the one in question is an actual video cassette. I don't even know how to go about ripping it or whatever, I don't have the equipment or the technology. I'm not obligated to anybody, and honestly I'm put off by the aggressive language. 

You tell 'em...fuck them mother fuckers.  

• Like 1

I think Axl did pretty well in his testimony as a witness.

As most others have already said Duff and Slash testified as well. I always wondered why only Axl was uploaded. It always seemed rather odd to me but I never gave it too much thought.

If memory serves me I believe Axl had the longest testimony though its been so long I don't know.

11 hours ago, Jungle-Natives said:

My comment was intended as a joke, hope u didn't take offense, I certainly didn't mean any :) I recognised ur username immediately from your Youtube podcast so knew who you were & of your work with Steven :headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downliner said:

My comment was intended as a joke, hope u didn't take offense, I certainly didn't mean any :) I recognised ur username immediately from your Youtube podcast so knew who you were & of your work with Steven :headbang:

I did detect some humor. But it wasn't just you, I'm sensitive about my small penis.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Billsfan said:

So...after 3 pages, Is it fair to come to the conclusion that just because I can easily YouTube Axl's testimony in court does NOT mean Slash and Duff weren't there....right?

Seems like a fair observation.

If a tree falls in the forrest and no one is there to see it, does it make a sound ?