Bates Motel final season

Two episodes into the final season. This final season will lead up to what happened in the Psycho movie. Not sure how much, since the tv series changed how Norman's mother Norma died.

I'm sorry to see this show be over, but I really want Norman to be caught. I felt sorry for Anthony Perkins when he played Norman, but Freddie's portrayal just makes me hate him all the more. I really loved Norma, but luckily she's in Norman's head so we do get to see her a lot.

18 hours ago, Sosso said:

I have watched a couple of episodes but nothing can beat the movies. 

No one is a better actor for Norman Bates than Anthony Perkins.

True but this series is very good. I'm sorry to see it end. I wish they would have gone to Norman's life after he was committed. I read a book recently that was about Norman in the mental hospital and it was very good. I could see Norman's life going in some different directions with the proper help.

Yeah, wearing Norma's clothes is very freaky. I love the scenes with Norma and Norman, I feel like she's really alive and talking to him.

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

True but this series is very good. I'm sorry to see it end. I wish they would have gone to Norman's life after he was committed. I read a book recently that was about Norman in the mental hospital and it was very good. I could see Norman's life going in some different directions with the proper help.

Yeah, wearing Norma's clothes is very freaky. I love the scenes with Norma and Norman, I feel like she's really alive and talking to him.

Have you watched Psycho II? It deals with Normans life 22 years later. He tries to have a normal life again but he is interrupted by the sister of Marion Crane

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So fucking good. I'm current up to the latest episode that aired. I'll use a spoiler tag in case others aren't up to date but @Jane M.:

Reveal hidden contents

Am I reading way too much into it, or was it an easter egg when Rihanna said "I'm Janet's replacement"??

I thought the same.

The writers of this show are killing it.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, Jane M. said:

Wasn't expecting that shower scene:thumbsup: Sam deserved it, he's an asshole just like in TWD.

Rihanna looked badass smashing that car. 

Yeah, that shower scene was terrific and made so much sense since we know Norman is crazy.

Yeah, Marion as a bad ass is way better than timid Marion but it's a different time for women.

the Texas Frightmare weekend will have the 3 actors from Bates Motel. Norman, Romero and Dylan. I really hope I get to meet them.

My daughter loved Freddie Highmore in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Anyway, Marion is a bad ass and I really hope she doesn't die. I wouldn't care if Norman kills that look a like to Norman, but Marion's character deserves to live.

yeah, looks like that actor who played Sam and spencer on TWD will continue to play jerks. lol

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, Jane M. said:

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 Have you been watching?

OMG:wow:

I know this season is so amazing. Will hate to see it end.

Wonder if it'll end just like the movie. I feel sorry for Norman now, but Norma is just horrible now. I loved Norma alive, but dead, it's like Norman is making her out to be this horrible crazy woman, when she did love him and always tried to protect him. I guess Norman's jealousy got the better of him.

I think if Anthony Perkins were alive he would love Freddie's portrayal of Norman Bates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know next week is the series finale and since this is different from the movie version, which is excellent, I'm wondering how it will end?

I do hope they find Norma's body. I think it's terrible what Norman did to her. Anyway, A&E is having a special after the finale with the actors talking about it.

I know I loved this show so much. It would have been cool to continue with Norman and what happens in ten years or more.

I recently read a book, forgot the name and author, about what happens to Norman Bates in the mental hospital. Although, this was never written about, it seemed like a good way to continue Norman's life. It was a pretty good book.

Remember they did do 3 more Psycho movies with Anthony Perkins, which I thought were pretty good, but you never know if Hitchcock would have gone in that direction or not?

• Like 1

Amazing ending to a wonderful show.

The writers stepped it up over and over again.

And yes I did cry at the end of the show.

I will miss this show very much and all the incredible actors who started in it.

If Freddie and Vera don't get emmy nominations then it will suck!

Vera was an amazing Norma, playing a character who was already dead in the movie Psycho and making her a lovable funny and sometimes crazy character.

I think the ending was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Hope to see these wonderful actors continue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I will miss this show very much and all the incredible actors who started in it.

Vera was an amazing Norma, playing a character who was already dead in the movie Psycho and making her a lovable funny and sometimes crazy character.

I was able to watch last night's episode live and was VERY pleased with the ending. I was choked up near the end but full on cried when 

Spoiler

Norman whispered "...thank you..." as he was dying. I also like that they showed Emma & Dylan back together and happy at the end. Dylan's early life was every bit as tragic as Norman's and only got worse through what he found out later about his family. Dude handled it like a champ and absolutely deserved happiness.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All of this. Amazing show.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, Sosso said:

Have you watched Psycho II? It deals with Normans life 22 years later. He tries to have a normal life again but he is interrupted by the sister of Marion Crane

Yeah, saw 2, 3 and 4. Finally in part 4 Norman was okay.  It showed Norman as a young man and how his mother was to him.

I loved how Vera played her in the Bates Motel. She showed all emotions not just a mean bitch. True Norma had a strong personality, but I think Norman had mental issues since he was little.

Anyway, I will miss the show.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, RussTCB said:

I was able to watch last night's episode live and was VERY pleased with the ending. I was choked up near the end but full on cried when 

Reveal hidden contents

Norman whispered "...thank you..." as he was dying. I also like that they showed Emma & Dylan back together and happy at the end. Dylan's early life was every bit as tragic as Norman's and only got worse through what he found out later about his family. Dude handled it like a champ and absolutely deserved happiness.

Yeah, I cried too. Thought the ending was fitting for Norman.

I totally love the movie Psycho and watch it over and over again, but I think Bates Motel did the movie a great justice. It went beyond the movie and showed all sides to Norman and his mother. Very good writers and actors.