Rock In Rio 2017 - What to expect?

GNR and the Rock in Rio company didn't confirmed the band here in Rio this year but a well known journalist, that announced all the other artists that are going to be on the festival before the Rock in Rio announcement confirmed that they are doing a show co-headlining with The Who on september 23rd. I was thinking, what to expect of this show? In 1991 GNR did they first Rock in Rio show, their biggest audience at the time, they debuted a bunch of Illusions songs. 2001 they did their second show, with the new band, the big come back, debuted a bunch of Chinese songs. 2011 they did that show full of problems because of the rain, Axl was sick or something that day but they brought Estranged back after 18 years. GNR and Rock in Rio have history together, I believe it will be a special show, don't know if they gonna debut any new song, they could, I would be happy af but I rly don't know. What you guys think? They will do a regular show, they will do a special show? They gonna play the same thing, they gonna play new songs from CD2 and new songs that Axl, Slash and Duff wrote? 

I think that they will do a regular show. Maybe with one or two surprises in the setlist. But I don't think that they are going to change the entire show and setlist for RIR.

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

Maybe in 2021. 

I really had this thought

17 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I think that they will do a regular show. Maybe with one or two surprises in the setlist. But I don't think that they are going to change the entire show and setlist for RIR.

I don't think they gonna change the entire show and setlist but maybe put something new or debut something, like they did before on the festival

8 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I really had this thought

I don't think they gonna change the entire show and setlist but maybe put something new or debut something, like they did before on the festival

Maybe even Perfect Crime? Or a song or two with Izzy?

• Like 1

I will personally travel to any and all continents of the globe to locate and deliver to Axl his (Bucketheads!) yellow rain jacket in exchange for hearing one new GNR song debuted at RIR.  That would be, like, thee antithesis of everything that is going on at the time.

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

i don't think they'll do something different... on the first 2 situations we knew that they've been in the studio or at least working on something new, and 2011 they only played estranged because we annoyed the hell out of them

there werent a rumor that Axl showed the CD2 songs to Slash and Duff and they were rerecording the guitar and bass parts?

6 hours ago, doakes said:

Despite the obvious, there was still a lot of promise with that lineup.

I'm still waiting on them to play Oh My God at RiR 2011

I would love to hear this song from the NITL line-up. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

GNR and the Rock in Rio company didn't confirmed the band here in Rio this year but a well known journalist, that announced all the other artists that are going to be on the festival before the Rock in Rio announcement confirmed that they are doing a show co-headlining with The Who on september 23rd. I was thinking, what to expect of this show? In 1991 GNR did they first Rock in Rio show, their biggest audience at the time, they debuted a bunch of Illusions songs. 2001 they did their second show, with the new band, the big come back, debuted a bunch of Chinese songs. 2011 they did that show full of problems because of the rain, Axl was sick or something that day but they brought Estranged back after 18 years. GNR and Rock in Rio have history together, I believe it will be a special show, don't know if they gonna debut any new song, they could, I would be happy af but I rly don't know. What you guys think? They will do a regular show, they will do a special show? They gonna play the same thing, they gonna play new songs from CD2 and new songs that Axl, Slash and Duff wrote? 

I expect this show won't get confirmed and isn't going to actually happen.

• Like 1

The band opens with Oh My God, runs through CD in its entirety, then brings out Tommy to sing Going Down. Then for the encore, they play the CD remixes in their entirety featuring Brain on bleeps and bloops. My World is performed as the final song, filled with confetti and fireworks.