Rock In Rio 2017 - What to expect?

51 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

nah, is gonna happen, the journalist always is right

Maybe...hopefully.  I'm just betting against, like playing the "don't come" line in craps.  That's how I roll!

44 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It would be a show after the official tour is done aswell..maybe they can do a one off gig with a different line up for it, the town they choose for the last "official" tour show seems kinda random right?

Tour isn't over....they are going to be doing arenas in the states next fall and probably in Europe after that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Maybe...hopefully.  I'm just betting against, like playing the "don't come" line in craps.  That's how I roll!

Tour isn't over....they are going to be doing arenas in the states next fall and probably in Europe after that.

They do stadiums in europe, return to the us, only to come back to europe once more?

Looking at it realistically, anything is possible. But doesn't make sense given the current situation with the internet. Axl has less of a reason to perform an unreleased Guns tune now, like... it's not gonna sell so if it's a musical statement, maybe Axl will just build it and share it if or when it's ready.

I think it will be cool to get a new song in Rio, but it's too early, I don't think Slash and Duff had enough time to add anything to CD ll tunes so why present it with this line up before they had a chance to make a shared musical statement, even for like 1 song? makes no sense doing it without adding Slash and Duff properly to it.

On 01/03/2017 at 7:16 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why would they do that? Closing it out with RIR would make a lot more sense than with an arena show somewhere random in Europe

Arena run in Europe, not a one off. Reasoning. They can bring less gear, meaning lighter and less expensive than a stadium tour. 

I think it's hotly tipped that they'll do another run of shows in arenas.

I know we would all like them to wrap the tour tomorrow and jump in the studio but it really is all down to money, to quote Steve Austin "Never leave money on the table".  

1 hour ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

Axl-Rose-Cane.jpg surprise return of the handlebar:axl:

This is from the night he said "not in this lifetime" 2013? 2014?

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

@killuridols and @BorderlineCrazy how trustworthy is this guy? Are they coming for you again? :o

I have no idea who that guy is. At least, he's not someone famous here but he could have some information.

I think there are good chances of those shows happening if they play in Rock In Rio.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dgnr said:

@killuridols and @BorderlineCrazy how trustworthy is this guy? Are they coming for you again? :o

No idea who he is either but I'm pretty certain they're coming back this year. Been hearing about it since they were here last year. I don't have a source to back me up but I'm pretty optimistic about the possibilities :dance:

Ps: It's pretty obvious Slash misses me :P