17 years to “Stiff Upper Lip“

Sosso

17 years to "STIFF UPPER LIP" ! 

Stiff Upper Lip is AC/DC's 14th Australian and 13th international studio album ,released in February 2000. The album was recorded at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, British Columbia and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York City. The album was produced by George Young, older brother of Malcolm and Angus Young. The three singles to be released from it were the title track, "Safe in New York City", and "Satellite Blues". The album is currently certified platinum in the US for shipments in excess of 1,000,000 copies.

Stiff_Upper_Lip.jpg

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154187114576175&substory_index=0&id=282889256174

I know a lot of folks on here hate SUL, but I think it's a really fun album. One of the very few AC/DC albums you can say doesn't sound like every other AC/DC album (The other notable exception being the Australian version of High Voltage). It's got a fun, bluesy vibe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I know a lot of folks on here hate SUL, but I think it's a really fun album. One of the very few AC/DC albums you can say doesn't sound like every other AC/DC album (The other notable exception being the Australian version of High Voltage). It's got a fun, bluesy vibe. 

I like this album. And I like the bluesy vibe. The title track, House of Jazz, Safe in New York City and Satellite Blues are my favourite songs.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

17 years? Damn. I remember when this was the latest AC/DC album. I remember thinking it made them sound old. :lol:

My opinion has only changed somewhat. I can appreciate the bluesy vibe and raw production more these days, but I still don't think that much outside of the title track is memorable. None of the songs stay with me after a listen. The title track though. That's one of my all time favorite Angus riffs and very tricky to play accurately.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though - I like the Ballbreaker album.