"Oh My God" rip off by The Pretty Reckles

apparently, this band is pretty famous now

so anyhow,

it is their new video from 3 weeks ago - which means february 2017

it is called Oh My God

the way she sings is very "inspired" by how Axl sang "Oh My God". Maybe not so much the chorus but still, wontcha say?

GNR's OMG had no video to it -  but if you watched the movie, you might remember the scene OMG was played in. Arnold was entering some kinda underground hangar or whatever. The place was rather dark, no natural sunlight. It was lit up by the light of fire bikoz them bad boys were burning some shit up in a cult ceremony or whatever. And this chick's video looks like it was recorded more or less in THAT place.

just sayin, good for them

Never heard of this band until now, thanks for sharing coz I kinda dig her voice and the song.

Agree on the subtle similarity... funny thing too, at the end of the video it gave credit to "Goin' Down Inc"... another coincidence? Similar name to Tommy's Going Down with Axl's voice on it? 

10 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Her last single was called "Take Me Down?"  Paradise City reference? I donno

The funny thing is that Both times I heard those songs on the radio for th first time, I thought they sounded familiar and thought of Guns N Roses.

Both great songs IMHO

• Like 1

The song reminded me of Axl's the first time I heard it but it's definitely not a rip off.

Overall, I think The Pretty Reckless are a good band, their first album had some fun rocking songs. Also, I have major respect for Taylor 'cause she decided to dedicate to rock music when she could have made waaaay more money sticking to acting, so you can tell she actually loves it.

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

She's from Gossip Girl

Way before that she made The Grinch become nice or something like that

taylor.png

14 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Did she say "Oh My God I wish I was black...I am so white"?

anyways it sounds much more Ace of Spades to me

But how awesome was the last 30 seconds of this performance 

Ahh, those days when there was actually a good drummer behind Axl.

• Like 1

Boring, generic modern day radio rock. I dont hate them but dont think they are that great.

They also have a song that rips off Sympathy for the Devil

I also heard this on the radio amd thought it was similar to OMG

Edited by ZoSoRose