Fall To Pieces should be played on this tour.

Eh... On one hand I'd love to hear Axl's take on it. On the other hand that song was very personal to Scott Wieland & Duff. Considering the circumstances, I'd rather they left that particular song alone.

Slither or Do it for the Kids would be awesome though.

Edited by Kris_1989

16 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

nah, dust n bones should be - an original kick ass gnr song 

Without Izzy and backing vocals that's the sad Gn'R version. Dust N' Bones Alt. feelings.

Edited by Rovim

10 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

that being said its the only half decent song that VR ever did 

man gnr is def not slash duff matt and kushner

Yeah, that's my take on it/them too.

Always found Weiland to be a cheap knock off, can't believe he is regarded as a "legendary frontman" these days...and never understood why those guys chose him to be their singer.

24 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

that being said its the only half decent song that VR ever did 

man gnr is def not slash duff matt and kushner

Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Set Me Free, and Slash's solo on You Got No Right. All good stuff. Fall To Pieces is great musically with a generic structure and lyrics. Loving The Alien is good and of course Big Machine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

FTP is one of my all time favourite songs. I wasn't lucky enough to ever hear Scott sing it, but I'd vote for it to be well left alone. They added Wish You Were Here for him, and that's a far more fitting tribute imo

I loved Scott as an artist, but I don't think WYWH in the set had anything to really do with him. Idk...

On 3/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, Modano09 said:

Fall to Pieces? But Izzy didn't write it and Steven didn't play on it!

I kid, I kid.

I'd like to hear some VR but I'd go Slither before Fall to Pieces. 

I think the song is very generic personally but FTP has the distinction of being one of the final tracks Slash played for Axl. Presumably, it would have been on the 1996 album.

That's why I have no issues with Slash playing "This I Love" -- the song was intended for the next GnR album since 1993. Slash playing it only brings the band full circle. He's the only guitarist who should have been on that song in the first place.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

Just now, RONIN said:

That's why I have no issues with Slash playing "This I Love" -- the song was intended for the next GnR album since 1993. Slash playing it only brings the band full circle. He's the only guitarist who should have been on that song in the first place.

"this i love" is the best song on CD, it's one of the best examples of how amazing axl's voice really is.  i agree, when slash plays it he brings it to a deeper level, it's both beautiful and tragic, it shows how axl and slash are nothing without the other and they wasted years not speaking.  i wonder if there's anything left in the tank between them for a new record or records.  

i think "fall to pieces" is okay, but it doesn't deserve to be in a gnr show considering the number of masterpieces that don't get played on a nightly basis.  

breaking out a song like "slither" over say "the seeker" would be an exciting change.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

On 3/4/2017 at 9:05 PM, sanity_lost said:

I am not a fan of the lyrics to Fall to Pieces while I don't mind This I Love's lyrics all that much. I don't hate Fall to Pieces by any means, but think they are a little over repetitive. Your comment made me wonder about that so I decided I need to go see if I could figure out why that is.

Some interesting stats (excel what can't it do?):

Fall to pieces:

Total words:  170        
# different words:  48        
Top used word:             
    word      # used    percentage of song
    I'm            15       8.82%
    Falling        14       8.24%
    I                14       8.24%
    Pieces        13       7.65%
    To             12       7.06%
    Fall            10       5.88%
    All               9       5.29%
    Alone           9       5.29%
    Down          9       5.29%
    Every          8       4.71%
    Total#         113      66.47%

This I love:

Total words    299        
# different words    109        
Top used word:             
    word    # used    percentage of song
    I              16       5.35%
    ME           16       5.35%
    She            8       2.68%
    So              8       2.68%
    her             7       2.34%
    It               7       2.34%
    God            6       2.01%
    the             5       1.67%
    eyes          5        1.67%
    say            5        1.67%
    Total #      83       27.76%

The top ten used words in Fall to Pieces takes up 66% of the song and truthfully, Fall, Falling and Fell are all similar to my ear and if you account for that the top ten words is 75% of the song. Falling to Pieces is repetitive. This I Love may be overly sappy or whatever, but it is not nearly as repetitive.

Okay but that's just the lyrics. Musically, This I Love is extremely repetitive. The sing-songy verse melody in particular. Plus the whole thing seems to drone on and on for-fucking-ever. Terrible song.