3 months break. What to do?

57 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

I thinking that more important what they will do if rest or work anything else is they rest each other 
it's been over 40 days together on tiring routine plane-hotel-gig.
Have to stay with coworkers all the time is not good

What co-workers? It is the normal people who stay with co-workers for 8 hours a day, they stay with whoever they want to stay with, not to mention they're not co-workers, they've been very close friends for over 30 years now - certainly Slash and Duff and and even if their relation with Axl is still in some way vulnerable which I don't know, Axl stays in his own little world anyway.

Really hope they get together during the break and add somethng to the shows or do the rightest thing they shpuld do - record new music. Hope is the mother of stupid, though, or at least that's what they say where I live...

Edited by Asia

I don't think anything will happen. My wish is that they rehearse more songs for the European leg. Time to mix the setlist up a little bit. We know it now and it's been played over and over. 3, 4 different songs would already breathe fresh air into the whole thing. 

They will most likely be chillaxin, and I can't really blame them for that.  A lot of them have kids and families, this is a stage in their lives where it won't be as fiercely intense scheduling wise because they are older and have other important things in their lives now.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blackmore said:

I don't think anything will happen. My wish is that they rehearse more songs for the European leg. Time to mix the setlist up a little bit. We know it now and it's been played over and over. 3, 4 different songs would already breathe fresh air into the whole thing. 

But they have not played this show in Europe, yet. Only us , the hardcore fans, know and already saw this show and this setlist over and over..For the regular people this is still new 

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

But they have not played this show in Europe, yet. Only us , the hardcore fans, know and already saw this show and this setlist over and over..For the regular people this is still new 

Cmon - everybody in Europe knows it from Youtube - like me for example.

• Like 1

Well Slash is gonna be ready to go. He's said several times that he doesn't like the breaks in touring because he needs something to do, but he will most likely write Conspirators 3, Axl will probably disappear somewhere. Duff will probably work out or do whatever he does. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Derick said:

Yup exactly! Same with the US tour...where they are going to cities not played yet (like San Antonio, etc) so I foresee the same set list at least through that.

Edited by marlingrl03

44 minutes ago, blackmore said:

Cmon - everybody in Europe knows it from Youtube - like me for example.

As I said before, the hardcore fans like you, like me.. knows..But did you think the casuals follows every show "over and over" on internet ? No way!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Derick said:

As I said before, the hardcore fans like you, like me.. knows..But did you think the casuals follows every show "over and over" on internet ? No way!

Yup...

It's a bad obsession always messin with my mind. ;) Our fault for looking I guess. Just enjoying the ride and hoping eventually we will get some new music.

I doubt the break will be a time for that.  They will "recharge" their batteries in whichever way works for them. Then on to Europe!

They will kick their feet up and enjoy being home for a little bit.

Traveling around the world has to be exhausting. Just the constant timezone jumping alone can be brutal. They are no longer spring chickens.

And maybe once they have their breather they'll start recording....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nostalgia^ said:

able to tolerate each other 

Ppfffttt.... they don't even dine together when they are on tour (at least one member we know of who doesn't really participate in those) what makes you think things will take an opposite direction during the break?

3 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

They will kick their feet up and enjoy being home for a little bit.

Traveling around the world has to be exhausting. Just the constant timezone jumping alone can be brutal. They are no longer spring chickens.

And maybe once they have their breather they'll start recording....

Last year Axl did 70 shows. GN'R warm up shows, 2 weeks of rehearsals then the AC/DC European leg, then 1 week off before a 25 date tour of North America with Guns, then less than a week off before another leg of North America with AC/DC and then finally another leg with Guns of South America after only 1 month off. He was busy as fuck last year and performed brilliantly. He doesn't need rest. There's a reason for the 3 month break and I'm sure they'll have a few surprises for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Last year Axl did 70 shows. GN'R warm up shows, 2 weeks of rehearsals then the AC/DC European leg, then 1 week off before a 25 date tour of North America with Guns, then less than a week off before another leg of North America with AC/DC and then finally another leg with Guns of South America after only 1 month off. He was busy as fuck last year and performed brilliantly. He doesn't need rest. There's a reason for the 3 month break and I'm sure they'll have a few surprises for us.

Rest is helpful if you keep your vocal chords in shape by singing regularly off tour. Since this is not AC/DC, I kinda expect him to return with a semi shitty weak vocals again until he'll do enough Guns shows in the next leg of the tour.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Rest is helpful if you keep your vocal chords in shape by singing regularly off tour. Since this is not AC/DC, I kinda expect him to return with a semi shitty weak vocals again until he'll do enough Guns shows in the next leg of the tour.

Well my point was that there must be a particular reason for the 3 month break and it's definitely not just to have a rest. So I'm optimistic that it's because they're working on/planning something. Not necessarily new music but something. As I said, no reason to take a 3 month break and do nothing, they don't need that long of a rest for reasons I stated above.