3 months break. What to do?

I think the various philanthropic pursuits will be a greater focus again for some of them, maybe?  I'd be happy for Axl if he could connect with an org that supports children like he said he wanted to in his 92 Rolling Stone feature. Seems like he finally could?  Dolphins, elephants, seals, womans rights, music cares for the rest, except for Del whose charity work may include forming a militia to go after the minute men 

Edited by soon
spacing
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, Lucky girl said:

I thinking that more important what they will do if rest or work anything else is they rest each other 
it's been over 40 days together on tiring routine plane-hotel-gig.
Have to stay with coworkers all the time is not good

Lol really?

They only play like two shows a week. They are working maybe a total of 10 hours a week. Show up to work at 7 pm and do a show then have several days off in a row. Their schedule is a cake walk compared to the average person.

And they aren't sharing hotel rooms. These guys are staying in the finest luxury suites that money can buy. They each have their own suite, and that suite is nicer and more expensive than anything you or I could ever afford in our wildest dreams. 

They have their own personal chefs, maids, butlers and masseuses. 

All while getting paid close to a million dollars a week. 

The normal person on this forum works harder than the boys in GnR do. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol really?

They only play like two shows a week. They are working maybe a total of 10 hours a week. Show up to work at 7 pm and do a show then have several days off in a row. Their schedule is a cake walk compared to the average person.

And they aren't sharing hotel rooms. These guys are staying in the finest luxury suites that money can buy. They each have their own suite, and that suite is nicer and more expensive than anything you or I could ever afford in our wildest dreams. 

They have their own personal chefs, maids, butlers and masseuses. 

All while getting paid close to a million dollars a week. 

The normal person on this forum works harder than the boys in GnR do. 

And that somehow means they can't get exhausted of being away from home and staying in a series of hotel rooms while they are constantly traveling from one country to another another country every handful of days?

Having a lot of money does not make them less human.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol really?

I would say you are greatly understating the rigors of touring life!  Even with fancy hotel rooms and tour buses and planes you still have the rigors of nonstop traveling, soundchecks, personal practice time, warm ups, the actual show, other touring logistics, etc.  They are working way more than 10 hours per week, just sayin'

Not to mention putting on 2+ hour rock shows even twice a week is physically demanding.  If you have ever seen the documentary on Rush that came out about their very last tour you can see you badly a tour can wear you down in some cases - Neil Peart walked away from it all because he had enough of it for his lifetime and that was with those nice hotels and chefs and whatnot

That's not to say that GNR doing something cool during the break wouldn't be awesome - it would and I would be the first in line for any new material.  But I don't expect it do happen nor would I really fault them - at this point

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

And that somehow means they can't get exhausted of being away from home and staying in a series of hotel rooms while they are constantly traveling from one country to another another country every handful of days?

Perfect pont of view
it was what i meant
We cant compare the reality of rock star with normal persons
of course, to us the routine of rock stars is like dream
but even all luxury and confortable things around they have need to rest in home, stay with family, do what they want ...
no place like  home

On March 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM, sofine11 said:

It's a no brainer regarding what *should* be done.  They won't though.....God dammit. 

I agree, that's why I hope AXL records a new AXL/DC album. I love Slash, but I really can't listen to the Conspirators lead singer. I just don't like his voice, at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I would say you are greatly understating the rigors of touring life!  Even with fancy hotel rooms and tour buses and planes you still have the rigors of nonstop traveling, soundchecks, personal practice time, warm ups, the actual show, other touring logistics, etc.  They are working way more than 10 hours per week, just sayin'

Not to mention putting on 2+ hour rock shows even twice a week is physically demanding.  If you have ever seen the documentary on Rush that came out about their very last tour you can see you badly a tour can wear you down in some cases - Neil Peart walked away from it all because he had enough of it for his lifetime and that was with those nice hotels and chefs and whatnot

That's not to say that GNR doing something cool during the break wouldn't be awesome - it would and I would be the first in line for any new material.  But I don't expect it do happen nor would I really fault them - at this point

Don't forget that when they visit a new country they have to do media and intervie...oh wait :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

March 3-5: Get back to L.A.
March 6-7: Rest time
March 8-31: Write & rehearse cca. 12 new songs together

April 1-4: brake time & rest time
April 5-20: Recording the new 12 songs
April 20-30: Mixing & Mastering

May 1-2: Rest time
May 3-4: New video shooting
May 5-6: Album artwork
May 6 10 p.m. : Album finished send to print

May 7-10: Rest, chill, train periode
May 11-15: Rehearse part 1
May 16-20: Some random interviews, relax time
May 21-22: Rehearse part 2
May 23: On the plane to Ireland
May 25: Suddenly release of the new video on YT
May 26: Suddenly realease the new album
May 27: Slane Castle...

• Like 3

Guys there is a three months break just because here in Europe there is football championship til the middle of May and cause it's still too cold to do open air shows before May... I'm not expecting nothing in this three months I will not put my hopes up for nothing and if something happens I'll be very glad 

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure they are going to book some studio time to make demos of all the stuff they've been writing together since getting back together. I mean, that makes totally sense, it would be out of character if that wouldn't happen. 

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm pretty sure they are going to book some studio time to make demos of all the stuff they've been writing together since getting back together. I mean, that makes totally sense, it would be out of character if that wouldn't happen. 

:lol:

On 4.3.2017 at 9:41 AM, AlexC said:

Well my point was that there must be a particular reason for the 3 month break and it's definitely not just to have a rest. So I'm optimistic that it's because they're working on/planning something. Not necessarily new music but something. As I said, no reason to take a 3 month break and do nothing, they don't need that long of a rest for reasons I stated above.

Like you said. Axl's been at it for almost a year, with little breaks and really, open air shows in Europe do not really start before late may/early june, due to the weather. So there you have your explanation for the long break.

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm pretty sure too. I've heard Axl can't wait to record the next GN'R album. He's already working on it :headbang:

• Like 1

They could really use this time to work on ideas/record whatever they already have, but this is Guns N' Roses we're talking bout so:
3 months of fuckin nothing. 

There will be a day when we'll see a Dizzy Reed solo album and nothing from GNR. 

ACDC can fuck the fuck off.

Edited by default_
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

And being a rock star or in GnR doesn't make them "more" of a human than the rest of us either. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

Perfect pont of view
it was what i meant
We cant compare the reality of rock star with normal persons
of course, to us the routine of rock stars is like dream
but even all luxury and confortable things around they have need to rest in home, stay with family, do what they want ...
no place like  home

Rock stars are "normal" people. They aren't super-humans. They aren't any better or more special than you are. Being able to sing or okay guitar doesn't make you better than "normal" people. 

you guys are confusing the touring life of GnR with how most bands tour. GnR isn't grinding it out on your. This isn't the Illusions days. They aren't in the road for a year straight. Playing 3-5 shows a week. Spending days and nights in a small bus. 

These guys are taking chartered jets. Playing a couple shows a week. Staying in the finest luxury suites. Axl has his entire circle of family and friends with him. And they are touring for a couple months and then talking huge chunks of time off. While making a million bucks a week. 

Touring is a crime. 

What GnR is doing is not a grind by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 4

I would bet Slash , Duff , Frank and Richard will be working on stuff they have been doing at Soundcheck , adding OTHER  songs to the summer setlist such as Perfect Crime , Locomotive and others as well as working on ideas on a new Record

Edited by TMAC20