3 months break. What to do?

43 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Rock stars are "normal" people. They aren't super-humans. They aren't any better or more special than you are. Being able to sing or okay guitar doesn't make you better than "normal" people. 

Thats true man and you would know better cause you have worked hard in life, I don't know which mission you were a part of, but going there all the way, leaving your family behind is a big thing. 

3 hours ago, Słash said:

March 5th - Reach LA

March 6th to May 15th - Do Nothing

May 15th to 22nd May - Lease a new plane and get it painted

May 26th - Take off to their multi million journey 

this make sense

4 hours ago, Pixeb said:

March 3-5: Get back to L.A.
March 6-7: Rest time
March 8-31: Write & rehearse cca. 12 new songs together

April 1-4: brake time & rest time
April 5-20: Recording the new 12 songs
April 20-30: Mixing & Mastering

May 1-2: Rest time
May 3-4: New video shooting
May 5-6: Album artwork
May 6 10 p.m. : Album finished send to print

May 7-10: Rest, chill, train periode
May 11-15: Rehearse part 1
May 16-20: Some random interviews, relax time
May 21-22: Rehearse part 2
May 23: On the plane to Ireland
May 25: Suddenly release of the new video on YT
May 26: Suddenly realease the new album
May 27: Slane Castle...

this don't make any sense

Axl/DC will release something before GNR, mark my words

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

you guys are confusing the touring life of GnR with how most bands tour. GnR isn't grinding it out on your. This isn't the Illusions days. They aren't in the road for a year straight. Playing 3-5 shows a week. Spending days and nights in a small bus. 

These guys are taking chartered jets. Playing a couple shows a week. Staying in the finest luxury suites. Axl has his entire circle of family and friends with him. And they are touring for a couple months and then talking huge chunks of time off. While making a million bucks a week.

They did all these in the UYI days. They weren't traveling on bus (except for Izzy until he left) nor sharing the same room.

In regards to number of shows and time frames:

• 1991 (May-December): 57 shows (plus the 2 RIR shows in January)
  • 1992 (January-December): 77 74 shows
  • 1993 (January-July): 62 shows
  • 2016 (April-November): 47 shows (Axl did 23 more with AC/DC --> 70 shows total for him)
  • 2017 (late January-early September): 52 shows (16 played - 36 scheduled)

So the difference is not big; in fact Axl did more shows in 2016 than in each year of the UYI tour (considering that in 1992 they did 77 74 shows in 12 months and in 2016 Axl did 70 in 8 months).

-----

I agree with the rest of your post.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Axl has been working hard for the money this year. Either he really needs the dough or there's some major epiphany he's had as far as his work ethic and interest in music. It will be really interesting to see what this band does at the end of the year. 

No matter how good the money is -- I can't see someone as stubborn as Axl making all these changes unless there was something else driving him. Whether it's AC/DC or a renewed sense of mojo after rejoining with Slash -- the jury is still out. 

I don't want this band to record new music though, it can't possibly live up to the past. I just want them to give us the vault music from the 90's - give us the lost '96 album when Axl still had his pipes or even the sessions from the late 90's- early '00s with Sean Beavan, Bucket, Freese, and Brain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Axl has been working hard for the money this year. Either he really needs the dough or there's some major epiphany he's had as far as his work ethic and interest in music. It will be really interesting to see what this band does at the end of the year. 

No matter how good the money is -- I can't see someone as stubborn as Axl making all these changes unless there was something else driving him. Whether it's AC/DC or a renewed sense of mojo after rejoining with Slash -- the jury is still out. 

I don't want this band to record new music though, it can't possibly live up to the past. I just want them to give us the vault music from the 90's - give us the lost '96 album when Axl still had his pipes or even the sessions from the late 90's- early '00s with Sean Beavan, Bucket, Freese, and Brain.

He really has been working hard! I'm thinking he needed the money. Whatever the reason, I'm glad because I have enjoyed it. I agree with you that nothing they record now will live up to the past. My only wish is that they change up the setlist. 

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Definitely seems like the fire is back, just hope he's inspired enough to record again, next few years could be very good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pixeb said:

March 3-5: Get back to L.A.
March 6-7: Rest time
March 8-31: Write & rehearse cca. 12 new songs together

April 1-4: brake time & rest time
April 5-20: Recording the new 12 songs
April 20-30: Mixing & Mastering

May 1-2: Rest time
May 3-4: New video shooting
May 5-6: Album artwork
May 6 10 p.m. : Album finished send to print

May 7-10: Rest, chill, train periode
May 11-15: Rehearse part 1
May 16-20: Some random interviews, relax time
May 21-22: Rehearse part 2
May 23: On the plane to Ireland
May 25: Suddenly release of the new video on YT
May 26: Suddenly realease the new album
May 27: Slane Castle...

For ANY other band, this is what they do with their time off. Too bad this band doesn't work like that. 

Best case scenario us they spend a few weeks throwing some ideas around, but I can't see them tracking anything outside of demo material. God knows bands can and do make records with less time... But I think you will he very disappointed if you're hoping for that.

Best guess is they take the three months off, reconvening 2-3 weeks before the next date to rehearse and that's it. New material will probably only happen after some downtime after Europe... Assuming that's rge end of NITL touring.

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Best case scenario us they spend a few weeks throwing some ideas around, but I can't see them tracking anything outside of demo material. God knows bands can and do make records with less time... But I think you will he very disappointed if you're hoping for that.

I don't believe is hard for guys that have a musical carrer for over 30 years to sit down and write 12 songs for 30 days or something, they (he) just don't want to

Just now, cqleonardo said:

I don't believe is hard for guys that have a musical carrer for over 30 years to sit down and write 12 songs for 30 days or something, they (he) just don't want to

It's not but, there's a lot riding on a new gnr album, so I can see them (Axl) over thinking it, instead of just going in and going to 11 for 8-10 songs written in a short time, not over analyzed or produced. Basically treat it like a motorhead record with one is two Axl ballads.

• Like 1

they'll all be in therapy for 3 months as they all actually still hate each other and it'll take 3 months of them paying someone all the money they made from the last leg of the tour convincing them it's a good idea to do another leg.....as long as they continue to screw steven and izzy over, otherwise there's not enough money in it to be worthwhile.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Someone said they don't want new music. WTF? I would kill for a new GNR record, although I'm not getting my hopes up. If not, AXL needs to record with ANGUS and make a kick ass record!

This (maybe not the killing part)

47 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Of course it's not hard. Just listen to Slash's songs. But the certain magic is not there. But don't get me wrong, I'd very much settle for Slash songs, sung by Axl.

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Definitely seems like the fire is back, just hope he's inspired enough to record again, next few years could be very good.

Yeah he seem amped up, probably due to Angus, however I hope, hope somehow eventually Axl decides to record w/ Slash and Duff, hoping Izzy too,  after the Angus thing wears off, if it wears off:shrugs:  He, Axl,  mentioned in an interview past year, a GN'R record would be another thing on his list.  However, this is Axl we're talking about, so who fucking knows.

They say timing is everything; Crazy timing, these guys finally get on the same stage after all this time  and now poor Brian's situation and hearing had to happen same time

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Of course it's not hard. Just listen to Slash's songs. But the certain magic is not there. But don't get me wrong, I'd very much settle for Slash songs, sung by Axl.

I don't buy this magic shit, it will be good or bad

1 hour ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

axl will be growing out the handlebar again and eating taco bell while hiding in his mansion

Seriously....that's just not right...first of all the pic is photoshopped, Axl does not look like that....far from it. Smh :bitchfight:

And note I removed the pic from the quote because he does not want these memes out on the internet and I won't contribute to that either...

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it

5 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I don't buy this magic shit, it will be good or bad

But it being GNR it shouldn't be just good, it should be great and outstanding. And Slash's stuff is good, you can get into it, but not that outstanding.

3 months is barely enough time for Axl to jokingly look into it. And since Axl to me at least, seems to only kinda focus on 1 thing at a time, one task, the tour, it seems unlikely that he'll make significant progress when it comes to studio material. Instead he could use the time to chill.

Besides, this time it seems Axl wants to start with lyrics and melodies like Appetite, where he came up with like 1 line of lyrics and melodies and Slash, Duff, and Izzy built a song around it.

Working instrumentally on 1996 material and new soundcheck ideas is possible, but depends if they're all in the same place. Maybe they want to spend some time with their families.

Adding Slash and Duff to CD ll material I can see maybe after the tour is over and they had a chance to take a long enough of a break.

And even if they actually do something studio related, we probably won't know about it.

Edited by Rovim

6 hours ago, melina i said:

Yeah he seem amped up, probably due to Angus, however I hope, hope somehow eventually Axl decides to record w/ Slash and Duff, hoping Izzy too,  after the Angus thing wears off, if it wears off:shrugs:  He, Axl,  mentioned in an interview past year, a GN'R record would be another thing on his list.  However, this is Axl we're talking about, so who fucking knows.

They say timing is everything; Crazy timing, these guys finally get on the same stage after all this time  and now poor Brian's situation and hearing had to happen same time

I don't think the AC/DC factor can be underestimated to be honest, Angus being someone Axl really seems to love and respect. I feel bad for Brian with what happened but can't deny I would love to hear Axl singing on a raw AC/DC record, I really hope they look to do that. As for GN'R, I hope the endgame is a new album but think it's a big step from just touring together again, can't see it being anytime soon but hopefully it happens. Who'd have thought not so long ago both of these things would seem possible? The last year has been insane! :lol: :headbang:

• Like 3