3 months break. What to do?

There's enough time to add some guitar parts or even record a full record in a certain way. it's possible time wise but looking at past activity whether it's post 90s or even Slash's 00s work ethic it doesn't seem likely, so anything could happen!

• Like 1

I'm getting a new Roger Waters album in a couple months. That coupled with all the new artists I've got into over the past decade or so is enough to keep me busy. It's probably a bad thing overall, but GN'R have beaten me into a place where I'm good if they release new material and good if they don't.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2017 at 8:27 PM, Joeypeeps said:

I agree, that's why I hope AXL records a new AXL/DC album. I love Slash, but I really can't listen to the Conspirators lead singer. I just don't like his voice, at all.

Same here. And it's a shame because Slash does some really great work on his last 2 solo records, but as soon as Myles starts singing I'm immediately turned off.  Basically, he's a poor man's Axl.  Hits all the high notes, but with none of Axl's soul, furocity, or stage presence.

And I honestly don't know how Slash goes back to that whenever things quiet down with Guns.  That is, playing Guns heavy sets with Myles on vocals after they put out another potential album.  Just another reason for GNR to put out an album and just keep the big train rolling. Hope Axl understands new music may be the glue that keeps this lineup together for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm long past hoping for a new GN'R album. I really don't see it happening.

But it's like wanting a cheeseburger and you know a place that makes the best cheeseburgers.

Only the guy who made them stopped making them and the place isn't the place anymore. 

So you have to not think about those cheeseburgers and maybe go eat some salads instead. 

Fuck that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm long past hoping for a new GN'R album. I really don't see it happening.

But it's like wanting a cheeseburger and you know a place that makes the best cheeseburgers.

Only the guy who made them stopped making them and the place isn't the place anymore. 

So you have to not think about those cheeseburgers and maybe go eat some salads instead. 

Think positively...

Your comment reminds me of when I was pregnant having this god awful craving for a certain sundae at Dairy Queen and I drove  up there just to get it only to be told they discontinued making it....guess what happened??? Five years later it was back on the menu due to mad customers.

Goes to prove you should not give up yet....be positive and maybe we will get new music. ;)

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 1:35 PM, RooSaa said:

Maybe Axl will work on the new AC/DC album ...

Aw shit no I hope not, I'm over Axl/DC in a big way. 

On 3/3/2017 at 9:56 PM, Derick said:

But they have not played this show in Europe, yet. Only us , the hardcore fans, know and already saw this show and this setlist over and over..For the regular people this is still new 

Exactly. If we want to watch all the shows online, that's our decision as people with too much time on their hands hardcore fans. :rofl-lol: The whole point about a tour is to perform the show for *different people each time*.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:45 PM, Andy14 said:

This is what will really happen :ph34r:

Axl will move his ass into Taco Bell, where he will be watching Netflix (with intelligent models by his side, of course) and reading this forum to get into the right ranting mood for the next leg. Beta will buy him a new collection of hats - the rule is simple, the uglier, the better. He may find his Twitter password and tweet something like "<_<:lol::wub::devilshades::awesomeface:B-):confused::heart::jerkoff:". He will also be polishing his guitar necklace thinking of grandpa Angus and good ol' days when he was touring with AC:slash:DC.

Slash will practice a headstand (with Duff-the-yoga-man's help), that will later become a hatstand. He will finaly reply to one of Myles's 687 desperate phone calls and invite him for a dinner just to tell him that soon is the word. 

Duff will write a new book, the title will be "How to tour with TB and survive - rock yoga for beginners", he will do an interview in Zen TV sporting his new One Direction shirt and will try to convince Axl and Slash to go fully vegan. (Axl and Slash will be later spotten running hand in hand into the nearest fast food)

Fortus will make his own clothing collection, his delicate fashion sense will be highly praised by many and he will design a new GNR cross, replacing Izzy's skull with his just to show that he is better than the old one.

Frank will buy the new book by Steven's mother (by which he will double the number of books sold). He will also start dancing with Mr. Brownstone just to know how to get the song right. And he will get a new pair of striped pants.

Melissa will live her dope instagram life, coz dat iz lid, broyo and I srsly luv dat.  #tourlife #whyme #nomakeup #youngatheart #wut

Dizzy will try to sneak into ACDC with his piano which will cause a heart attack in the whole ACDC community. This will finally help him to be noticed by many people. 

Izzy will release 4 new albums, out of which 2 will be passive-aggressive, and of course, nothing to do with GNR. He will form a new band with Sorum, Pitman, Gilby and they will go on a successful club tour. Izzy won't split the loot. 

Steven will become a new TV star. He will be touring the world with his mom and his Buenos Aires story, which will be a base for a new TV series with a possible spin off featuring Eddie Trunk. 

This forum will merge with ACDC fan forum, since there will be the same lead singer in both band. 46 new set list threads will appear, as well as 15 threads about Axl's looks, 20 threads about Steven and 2 threads dedicated to Melissa's social media posts.

And finally, I will be waiting for the European leg, thinking of the strategy to win the best spot and hoping that nothing of what I've just written will actually happen. 

:smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol: Thanks @Andy14, hilarious as usual. love your humour and creativity. Keep it coming!!

26 minutes ago, Gunspride6 said:

Ideally: Make changes to the setlist (shows are getting samey), rehearse some more, maybe if we were lucky start thinking about new material

Realistically: Nothing, apart from Slash who might do some stuff with Myles.

As far as I am aware (and I might be remembering wrong) the next SMCK album is about 90% done and just needs Slash to record his parts. I hope he gets to it among whatever else he is doing during the down time.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, Andy14 said:

This is what will really happen :ph34r:

Axl will move his ass into Taco Bell, where he will be watching Netflix (with intelligent models by his side, of course) and reading this forum to get into the right ranting mood for the next leg. Beta will buy him a new collection of hats - the rule is simple, the uglier, the better. He may find his Twitter password and tweet something like "<_<:lol::wub::devilshades::awesomeface:B-):confused::heart::jerkoff:". He will also be polishing his guitar necklace thinking of grandpa Angus and good ol' days when he was touring with AC:slash:DC.

Slash will practice a headstand (with Duff-the-yoga-man's help), that will later become a hatstand. He will finaly reply to one of Myles's 687 desperate phone calls and invite him for a dinner just to tell him that soon is the word. 

Duff will write a new book, the title will be "How to tour with TB and survive - rock yoga for beginners", he will do an interview in Zen TV sporting his new One Direction shirt and will try to convince Axl and Slash to go fully vegan. (Axl and Slash will be later spotten running hand in hand into the nearest fast food)

Fortus will make his own clothing collection, his delicate fashion sense will be highly praised by many and he will design a new GNR cross, replacing Izzy's skull with his just to show that he is better than the old one.

Frank will buy the new book by Steven's mother (by which he will double the number of books sold). He will also start dancing with Mr. Brownstone just to know how to get the song right. And he will get a new pair of striped pants.

Melissa will live her dope instagram life, coz dat iz lid, broyo and I srsly luv dat.  #tourlife #whyme #nomakeup #youngatheart #wut

Dizzy will try to sneak into ACDC with his piano which will cause a heart attack in the whole ACDC community. This will finally help him to be noticed by many people. 

Izzy will release 4 new albums, out of which 2 will be passive-aggressive, and of course, nothing to do with GNR. He will form a new band with Sorum, Pitman, Gilby and they will go on a successful club tour. Izzy won't split the loot. 

Steven will become a new TV star. He will be touring the world with his mom and his Buenos Aires story, which will be a base for a new TV series with a possible spin off featuring Eddie Trunk. 

This forum will merge with ACDC fan forum, since there will be the same lead singer in both band. 46 new set list threads will appear, as well as 15 threads about Axl's looks, 20 threads about Steven and 2 threads dedicated to Melissa's social media posts.

And finally, I will be waiting for the European leg, thinking of the strategy to win the best spot and hoping that nothing of what I've just written will actually happen. 

:smiley-confused2:

Funniest post ever :lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Billsfan

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And Pretty tied up. And how great would it be, if Duff finally would ditch his covers and do So fine instead?

There's a shit load of UYI songs that I think everybody would love to hear on this tour. Hopefully we get to hear a few more.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 9:38 AM, RussTCB said:

It's probably a bad thing overall, but GN'R have beaten me into a place where I'm good if they release new material and good if they don't.

Pretty much this.  They're gonna do what they want to do.  Anyone that doesn't realize this by now hasn't followed the band long enough or is just in denial. :lol:

• Like 1

On 04/03/2017 at 8:41 AM, AlexC said:

Well my point was that there must be a particular reason for the 3 month break and it's definitely not just to have a rest. So I'm optimistic that it's because they're working on/planning something. Not necessarily new music but something. As I said, no reason to take a 3 month break and do nothing, they don't need that long of a rest for reasons I stated above.

Well there's ever reason man ! Nobody is gonna tour Europe in Stadiums right now !! It's cold, nor can they, as football and sports are in full swing for another couple of months and WHOA! What do you know, that's when the tour starts.

That, coupled with significant rest is the ONLY reason for the break, i suspect !

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Modano09 said:

As much as I'd like a new GNR album, it'd have to be better than re-worked demos they all have laying around. 

Axl might be able to take a Slash demo and make it epic or vice versa but they can't just throw it together. 

Agree, any material from the CD era should really be released as a solo album now that so much time has passed, with the band starting from scratch on a new record. How long would that take though given Axl's slow pace and perfectionism? I think ultimately if we do get a record it'll be a mixture of old and new stuff with Slash and Duff added to the old songs and Axl working on ideas they bring to the table.

• Like 1