3 months break. What to do?

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Agree, any material from the CD era should really be released as a solo album now that so much time has passed, with the band starting from scratch on a new record. How long would that take though given Axl's slow pace and perfectionism? I think ultimately if we do get a record it'll be a mixture of old and new stuff with Slash and Duff added to the old songs and Axl working on ideas they bring to the table.

I think the leftover Chinese Democracy material should be released as part of a multi-disc box set covering that era including the album. Axl should just clear the vault and start from scratch with Slash and Duff on any new material. He wouldn't have to worry about chart placements and sales with a box set either and it would be a neat way of packaging that era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I think the leftover Chinese Democracy material should be released as part of a multi-disc box set covering that era including the album. Axl should just clear the vault and start from scratch with Slash and Duff on any new material. He wouldn't have to worry about chart placements and sales with a box set either and it would be a neat way of packaging that era.

Good point about the box set/ chart placement worries.
Since this makes so much sense, not gonna happen! :D

• Like 2

Theres no money in the CD boxset. I mean me and 3 other people will buy it but the stadium nostalgia fans just want a Axl/Slash song stamp of approval. 

Axl might have 6-7 songs but Slash needs to be the guitar player. Then Slash/Duff bring 6-7 songs. If Izzy contributes songs that's a huge bonus. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Yeah, a box set could work. It would be great if it was re-released as a double/triple album. Even a box set of the various versions of the album would be interesting, I'd certainly love to hear the Sean Beavan version of CD. I just think ideally Axl should move on from the CD era now Slash and Duff are back in the band and that's why I think a solo album would be the best route to get those songs out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, a box set could work. It would be great if it was re-released as a double/triple album. Even a box set of the various versions of the album would be interesting, I'd certainly love to hear the Sean Beavan version of CD. I just think ideally Axl should move on from the CD era now Slash and Duff are back in the band and that's why I think a solo album would be the best route to get those songs out there.

Yeah, but a solo album would involve work and anxieties about commercial performance, which Axl is bad with. A box set means he can just throw everything in there and Chinese Democracy and 2000 Intentions/the Beavan album are in there as finished albums plus everything else. He doesn't have to worry about everything being perfect or how much it will sell.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Yeah, but a solo album would involve work and anxieties about commercial performance, which Axl is bad with. A box set means he can just throw everything in there and Chinese Democracy and 2000 Intentions/the Beavan album are in there as finished albums plus everything else. He doesn't have to worry about everything being perfect or how much it will sell.

Does he really need to worry about that stuff anymore though? The music industry as a whole has changed so much since the early days of Guns and he's surely been through all of that in the run up to the release of CD, which, ultimately was a massive flop in terms of sales. Anyway let's hope one way or another the material sees the light of day eventually.

8 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

i think a question that may have more enticing answers would have been  why is there a 3 month break ? has this been touched on or answered ?

Someone made a good point about stadiums possibly being booked up for the coming months in Europe. But no, we don't know anything for sure. (Just like everything else with this band).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...