Steven Adler in Argentina

all i can see is that Adler drum on the cymbals max 2 sec. then throw his drum sticks to the fans and the band was already starting another song. can't see what's the big deal?  I have grew up with drug/alcohol addicts and one thing i learned was it's never their fault, always somebody elses.. We only have heard one side of this story.

But i do wish they could've let him play atleast all the AFD songs on those shows were he was guesting. Good thing is that he seems to have some sort of closure.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

all i can see is that Adler drum on the cymbals max 2 sec. then throw his drum sticks to the fans and the band was already starting another song. can't see what's the big deal?  I have grew up with drug/alcohol addicts and one thing i learned was it's never their fault, always somebody elses.. We only have heard one side of this story.

But i do wish they could've let him play atleast all the AFD songs on those shows were he was guesting. Good thing is that he seems to have some sort of closure.

I totally agree with you on this one on all counts

45 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

Its fair to point out though that Adler has taken the blame for his actions.

Adler quit drugs in 2008... Ahahahahaha, that's agood one...

Sorry but you cannot just step into a band's show and decide what you're gonna play and when. Steven knows that well enough. He tried to force it upon them and they reacted the only possible way. 

• Like 2

You know what else is funny? The notion that Steven is erratic and cant be counted on. And that there is too much money on the line to be messing around. Meanwhile Axl keeps getting stuck in traffic knowingly. The other guys don't get stuck in traffic. You know why? Because they get their by 4pm and earlier for lunch and soundcheck. 

If you are familiar with Slash and Duff's history they don't like sitting around past start time as the crowd grows anxious waiting for their singer to show up. They like to honor their commitment. Especially when multi-millions are at stake. Was one of their major issue with Axl back in the day and again with Scott Weiland.

Go figure

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

In his last interview, he said "I did this to myself, I'm not a victim" but why listening to him when we can just bash him for wanting to play more than 8 minutes. What a delusional guy he is :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Adler quit drugs in 2008... Ahahahahaha, that's agood one...

Sorry but you cannot just step into a band's show and decide what you're gonna play and when. Steven knows that well enough. He tried to force it upon them and they reacted the only possible way. 

Really anxious to see you prove otherwise...

You can't make someone travel half the world to only let him play one song.

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

In his last interview, he said "I did this to myself, I'm not a victim" but why listening to him when we can just bash him for wanting to play more than 8 minutes. What a delusional guy he is :rolleyes:

Really anxious to see you prove otherwise...

You can't make someone travel half the world to only let him play one song.

You can, if he agrees to that. Nobody ordered him to do this, he could refuse.

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

You know what else is funny? The notion that Steven is erratic and cant be counted on. And that there is too much money on the line to be messing around. Meanwhile Axl keeps getting stuck in traffic knowingly. The other guys don't get stuck in traffic. You know why? Because they get their by 4pm and earlier for lunch and soundcheck. 

If you are familiar with Slash and Duff's history they don't like sitting around past start time as the crowd grows anxious waiting for their singer to show up. They like to honor their commitment. Especially when multi-millions are at stake. Was one of their major issue with Axl back in the day and again with Scott Weiland.

Go figure

Well, if Axl is unreliable they can always throw him out like Adler. (sarcasm)

All the more reason why we need more info to make a judgement.  There are a lot of people talking about a situation they know not much about, I for one can easily see either sides (or both at the same time) being unreasonable.  To be a fly on the wall of the behind the scenes talks must be very interesting to say the least

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yeah, you know he really wants to be there so you abuse him, that's sweet.

Still waiting to see Steven doing drugs after 2008...

I didnt see him doing drugs in the 80s and 90s - does that mean he was sober and they indeed threw him out because he was the nicest guy of them all as he recently claims?

• Like 1

Just now, Asia said:

I didnt see him doing drugs in the 80s and 90s - does that mean he was sober and they indeed threw him out because he was the nicest guy of them all as he recently claims?

You saw the effects back then, while you can see how well he's doing now. Hadn't he gotten clean, he would be dead or barely functional by now. Look at Scott Weiland during his last year, it was heartbreaking to see him. Steven looks better now than he did in 2001, he's out of trouble, enjoying life, doing his thing, hanging out with friends and playing drums.

You dislike the guy which has nothing to do with drugs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derick said:

C'mon guys when he started My Michelle he started after greeting the public. Slash had already changed his guitar,Axl was already in the dressing room switching the clothes to the Layla and NR part. He started play that tune without talk to anybody and It´s not that way, the lights guy, the teleprompter guy and the whole band were not warned about it. I was there! He started play that on his own. If you want to continue to blame Axl or the three bastards, that's fine, it's already become cultural here. But Adler started playing without the band knowing about it. Seriously, too much drama about it!

Exactly. Thanks for sharing the objective truth. 

1 hour ago, Derick said:

C'mon guys when he started My Michelle he started after greeting the public. Slash had already changed his guitar,Axl was already in the dressing room switching the clothes to the Layla and NR part. He started play that tune without talk to anybody and It´s not that way, the lights guy, the teleprompter guy and the whole band were not warned about it. I was there! He started play that on his own. If you want to continue to blame Axl or the three bastards, that's fine, it's already become cultural here. But Adler started playing without the band knowing about it. Seriously, too much drama about it!

True, I can see from a pure logistics point of view how just an impromptu starting of a song without warning everyone (who were mere seconds to being ready to play WYWH judging by what happened).  You have lights, soundboard people, the whole band, etc. to get on board with it.  If this is indeed what happened of course - I am just going by what the assumption is of what happened.

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

This. 15,000 miles for one freaking song. Absolutely ridiculous

The "15,000 mile" narrative is silly because he never played more than two songs on this tour and he wasn't going to play more than 2 anyways. So you would bitch he if played two songs. Steven wasn't guaranteed more than one song and any expectation existed solely in his head. The band doesn't owe him shit.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Not entirely. That last interview had him saying he was kicked out because he was a "nice guy". And that Axl was a control freak. Truth is Steven wasn't a great musician and couldn't play the new material. He couldn't adapt to the evolution of the band because he was about drugs and fucking off. Steven was not dedicated to perfecting his craft as the others did even despite their drug abuse. 

• Like 1