Boxscore - AU/NZ Leg

Okay.. so the final numbers aren't in yet but so far we get the idea... 

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/498425/guns-n-roses-sold-350000-tickets-australia-nz.htm

Guns are slaying every market, and with this momentum they are gonna kick U2 from No.1!!

Anyways still Japan and Singapore and Dubai and Bangkok remain to be updated...

--

What I am amazed is - are Guns really being screwed over by the numbers? I mean how can it be first night at Sydney which was sold out only 50k? when Taylor Swift (where the whole GA area was sitting) and ACDC had like 75k... Something's highly inconsistent.. 

Take a look for yourself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Australia#Concerts

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/498425/guns-n-roses-sold-350000-tickets-australia-nz.htm

Guns are slaying every market, and with this momentum they are gonna kick U2 from No.1!!

--

I don't know about kicking U2 from #1.  I've never really understood the amazing live draw of U2 (I've never been a huge fan of them) but, using the Miami market as an example, U2 looks like they have sold out a show at Hard Rock Stadium on 6/11/17 but there are TONS of tickets left for the GNR show at Marlins Park on 8/8/17.  I know GNR is almost 2 months further out but Hard Rock Stadium probably has around 10k more seats in concert configuration.

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

--

What I am amazed is - are Guns really being screwed over by the numbers? I mean how can it be first night at Sydney which was sold out only 50k? when Taylor Swift (where the whole GA area was sitting) and ACDC had like 75k... Something's highly inconsistent.. 

I've been saying that since they only said 35,000 in Arlington despite every level being full and the floor 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I've been saying that since they only said 35,000 in Arlington despite every level being full and the floor 

yeah I know...  They are probably faking the numbers... I would have said there was around 50k.. cause Coldplay sold out there and it was 50k for them too and there were seats on the floor..

14 hours ago, scooby845 said:

--

When I was looking at numbers and stuff last year it became clear that promoters play the numbers game a lot so they can call their show a sell out. Likely because it is easier to promote an act that sell out shows since people put a lot of weight on that word for some reason. If they offer only 500 tickets in a venue that has 10000 person capacity they can call the show a sellout because they sold all the tickets they offered up for sell.  Part of it is genuine- different stage setups mean different numbers of seats are available, but a lot of it is just rearranging how they sell tickets so their numbers look better to people who are impressed by that.

Edited by sanity_lost
should proof read before hitting submit.

9 hours ago, scooby845 said:

yeah I know...  They are probably faking the numbers... I would have said there was around 50k.. cause Coldplay sold out there and it was 50k for them too and there were seats on the floor..

sometimes because of something they didnt put some seats for sale, i dont' remember where but U2 didn't put some GA sits for sale because of the new stage, people wouldnt see well or something

24 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

we gonna have three huge tours this year neck to neck on who sells more, Not in This Lifetime Tour, This House Is Not For Sale Tour and The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour. 

and World Wired

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

and World Wired

I forgot about that one, you're right

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really don't understand why U2 are popular. They're abysmal.

to me, my opinion, they are the third best band in the ever and the second biggest band in the world right now

5 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

we gonna have three huge tours this year neck to neck on who sells more, Not in This Lifetime Tour, This House Is Not For Sale Tour and The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour. 

This house is not for sale is smaller tour than nitl and jt 2017....it is arena tour,so they grosing for 4 shows same as Guns for one

5 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

dude... no, just dont

why not? after the NZ/AU leg is updated they are like on 240mil worldwide gross.. plus 150mil from europe and 50 from US second leg thats like 450mil plus second europe leg where it is guaranteed to sell out plus second south america leg also guaranteed.... the second AU/Asia leg is in question... that brings us close to 700mill...

17 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Anyone still willing to check the secnd part of my original post... I just fail to understand why is it like that...

Because they close off some parts of the stadium and say they never put those on sale so it's not 50/70 it's 50/50 

23 hours ago, scooby845 said:

--

I think NITL tour can not sellout U2 , but it will be second or third the biggest tour ever...

But if Guns in next decade realize one or two albums,they can beat U2...

Also this is the great success and legacy for GNR as the biggest hardrock band ever...

I read that Hirwired tour haven't had such a great selling,and it is not only Metallica tour.There are two huge supportive acts on tour.

17 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't know about kicking U2 from #1.  I've never really understood the amazing live draw of U2 (I've never been a huge fan of them) but, using the Miami market as an example, U2 looks like they have sold out a show at Hard Rock Stadium on 6/11/17 but there are TONS of tickets left for the GNR show at Marlins Park on 8/8/17.  I know GNR is almost 2 months further out but Hard Rock Stadium probably has around 10k more seats in concert configuration.

Blablabla...And for every show on this tour I read "there are tons tickets left",and we have almost every show soldout...Something wrong with you guys

6 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Blablabla...And for every show on this tour I read "there are tons tickets left",and we have almost every show soldout...Something wrong with you guys

I was simply comparing U2 sales to GNR sales in the same market and stating facts.  The U2 show is sold out.  The GNR show does have tons of tickets left (go look at the seat map on ticketmaster).  Maybe the GNR show will end up sold out but it may require price drops and ticket deals.  The U2 show (with more available seats) seems to have sold out at the initial pricing.  Therefore, U2 will very likely gross more in this market in this example.

My comment was related to GNR overtaking U2 in tour revenue and ticket sales, not a dire "nobody is buying tickets because they are assholes and won't let Steven play a few songs and greedily won't bring Izzy back" post. 

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I was simply comparing U2 sales to GNR sales in the same market and stating facts.  The U2 show is sold out.  The GNR show does have tons of tickets left (go look at the seat map on ticketmaster).  Maybe the GNR show will end up sold out but it may require price drops and ticket deals.  The U2 show (with more available seats) seems to have sold out at the initial pricing.  Therefore, U2 will very likely gross more in this market in this example.

My comment was related to GNR overtaking U2 in tour revenue and ticket sales, not a dire "nobody is buying tickets because they are assholes and won't let Steven play a few songs and greedily won't bring Izzy back" post. 

Ok but U2 Miami show isn't soldout...You can buy lot if tickets...There is a link...

http://www.masterticket.center/3030088/U2-and-OneRepublic

2 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Ok but U2 Miami show isn't soldout...You can buy lot if tickets...There is a link...

http://www.masterticket.center/3030088/U2-and-OneRepublic

That's a ticket reseller (or scalper if you are unfamilar with how those things work).  U2 is sold out in Miami, you cannot buy any tickets directly through the actual ticket vendor (ticketmaster) other than verified resale tickets.   

I don't think U2 or Metallica are going to be having half price sales for any of their tickets like GNR has had to do for a number of shows on this tour.

It's full when they start but I think they have really had to offer discounts at a large number of shows to get those people in to buy drinks and merch.

17 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't think Metallica's prices are as high as Guns' from the very start.

Priciest regular ticket is $150 ish for the GA floor at the Rose Bowl, where as the Dodger Stadium was around $250 for a middle section floor seat