HIM

dontdamnmeuyi2015

One of my all time favorite bands, HIM, a Finnish rock band are calling it quits 26 years together.

HIM are doing one final tour in Europe before splitting up at the end of this year.

I'm going to miss them. I've seen them 4 times in concert and have loved all their songs.

I'm hoping Ville Valo will continue making music as a solo act. His songs are so melodious and sad, but beautiful. His voice is beautiful too.

He is such a talented writer and singer, so I really do hope he continues making wonderful music.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

One of my all time favorite bands, HIM, a Finnish rock band are calling it quits 26 years together.

HIM are doing one final tour in Europe before splitting up at the end of this year.

I'm going to miss them. I've seen them 4 times in concert and have loved all their songs.

I'm hoping Ville Valo will continue making music as a solo act. His songs are so melodious and sad, but beautiful. His voice is beautiful too.

He is such a talented writer and singer, so I really do hope he continues making wonderful music.

that's sad. hope for the best for you! :)

I always hated them. Fucking posers pretending to be Goths since it was popuilar back then and watering the genre even more.

That's probably because I like Goth, well, real Goth like Batcave, Wave, EBM..., not the shit today labeled with it

Edited by Zurimor

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's sad. hope for the best for you! :)

Thanks. I'm hoping the singer Ville Valo will continue as a solo artists since he wrote all the songs anyway.

He's only 39 and so talented, so I'm hoping for the best.

I did read on their website that there will be some US dates, and they have a big following in Dallas, so I hope they come here for one last show.

9 hours ago, maynard said:

Join Me in Death is a great song.

Yeah, one of their best. Ville wrong some awesome songs. I loved all their songs. Very melodious with very cool lyrics.

I've seen them live many times and they killed it every time.

Join Me in Death is one song that the whole crowd joins in.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, luciusfunk said:

One of my supervisors at work was talking about how much she loves them and then proceeded to say they were Irish. :lol:

Nope from Finland.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, Len Cnut said:

Noel Gallagher summed up Goths well with the following quote 'Have you heard the music?!?  Alls I can say is there's a reason they slit their wrists' :lol:

Yeah, but to me HIM's songs were more tongue in cheek sort of songs.

I never felt like they made me want to hurt myself. I loved the melodies and thought the words were cool. It's better than just saying I love you over and over again. "Join me in Death" about sums up many teenage feelings about love lol, but not literally.

• Like 1

On 15.4.2017 at 8:49 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Nope from Finland.

Yeah, but to me HIM's songs were more tongue in cheek sort of songs.

I never felt like they made me want to hurt myself. I loved the melodies and thought the words were cool. It's better than just saying I love you over and over again. "Join me in Death" about sums up many teenage feelings about love lol, but not literally.

Damn it, those guys never were Goths, they just used the label like so many other bands, that's why I don't like them.

Gothic is: Batcave, Wave, Ethereal, Neoclassical, NDT, Postpunk, Horrorpunk, Gothabilly, Death Rock, Minimal Electro and I let classic Industrial count, too. Everything else is not Goth (unless I forgot something which is possible :))

What HIM did is called "Dark Rock" or "Dark Alternative Rock", but it's not Goth....

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

HIM has announced their tour dates for the US.

There is a blabbermouth.net pre-sale tomorrow and the regular sale in Friday at 10:00.

Dallas show is November 3, a Friday, in the House of Blues. Can't wait to see them maybe for the last time.

I love this band!

yay! so happy for you :headbang:

23 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Who's going to admit to getting the heartagram tat?

I have one on my right wrist and my mom also has one on her right wrist. We got one together. It was her first tattoo ever! Love what it means!

I ordered my HIM tickets through the HIM presale. They are playing the House of Blues in Dallas. I last saw them there and they were awesome! Since this is their farewell tour, it would be awesome to hear some older songs that we Americans never heard live because HIM wasn't known here when they first began.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yay! so happy for you :headbang:

Thanks, got some good seats in the center section. can't wait for the show. My mom, brother and I are going. HIM rocks live!

• Like 2

I bet Ville Valo still goes on to make albums and perform as a solo artists. He wrote all the HIM songs from the beginning. I can't seem him really retiring. I think it's basically the other guys who are married and have kids. Ville is too talented to retire.

Anyway, got my HIM tickets today in the mail.

when I check livenation.com, the show for Dallas is totally sold out. I have a bad feeling that a lot of ticket brokers bought up tons of tickets and are trying to sell them for triple the price. I saw some on sale on ebay and they wanted $250 and up for tickets I paid $50 for. I hate when brokers do this shit. Leave the tickets for the real fans.

My show is November 3. It will be bittersweet.

• Like 1

I don't know what the hell happened, but HIM's concert was moved from the House of Blues, which has GA and seats, to the South Side venue, with GA only.

According to HIM's website HOB in Dallas was sold out. The South Side venue is smaller and since I paid for seats, I'm very pissed about this. No explanation was given right now.

Tickets are being sold on Friday, but if the HOB was sold out, this place should be too since it's smaller.

This is the last show I will ever get to see with HIM and the jerks her in Dallas have fucked it up. I don't know why and no one's emailed me about the change.

I wouldn't be surprised if HIM decides to cancel the Dallas show for the mess up.

Damn it all to hell.

On 6/13/2017 at 10:20 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

HIM has announced their tour dates for the US.

There is a blabbermouth.net pre-sale tomorrow and the regular sale in Friday at 10:00.

Dallas show is November 3, a Friday, in the House of Blues. Can't wait to see them maybe for the last time.

I love this band!

hi I am big HIM fan too. his voice is really special. I saw them 2 times live in austria. unfortunately they skipped my country at the farewell tour. i was surprised they did such a small tour in europe.

will miss them. i often listened their music while running..the rythm fits really well.

one of my top 6 bands for sure

23 hours ago, Natty said:

hi I am big HIM fan too. his voice is really special. I saw them 2 times live in austria. unfortunately they skipped my country at the farewell tour. i was surprised they did such a small tour in europe.

will miss them. i often listened their music while running..the rythm fits really well.

one of my top 6 bands for sure

I agree with you. HIM is something special.

Well, I heard back from the ticket broker and even though HIM's concert has changed venues, my tickets will be honored. The only problem is the other venue doesn't have seats. I hate standing for so many hours.

Anyway, I'm sorry they are breaking up, but hoping Ville Valo will continue making music and maybe touring as a solo act. He's too talented to quit at such a young age.