Best full concert available?

So I have a family member coming by in the next few days who knows my love for GnR(Every incarnation) but poo-poos it. He's offered to watch a full live concert that best displays why I love the band. I've thought of the Paris PPV, the Tokyo DVDs, Ritz, even Rock am Ring and the awesome LA amphitheater boot though I would prefer to show him a 88-93 show. Figured I'd throw it out here for what the consensus best performance/AV quality to show a non-believer haha.  

Edited by Abstractv3

Footage quality may not be the best but I'd go with one of these three.

That's GNR at its best in my opinion. Other than that, I would choose Oklahoma (killer performance of some songs like Nightrain, You Could Be Mine and Estranged) or Chicago (it has Coma and the rant pre Jungle is EPIC) from 1992.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Footage quality may not be the best but I'd go with one of these three.

That's GNR at its best in my opinion. Other than that, I would choose Oklahoma (killer performance of some songs like Nightrain, You Could Be Mine and Estranged) or Chicago (it has Coma and the rant pre Jungle is EPIC) from 1992.

I was considering Chicago(Because of Coma and Shannon Hoon on DC), watching what you linked, 2 of those are new to me haha. I love this forum. How would you rank those 3 overall? Edit - the Tokyo one was new to me and the audio is amazing. TY for bringing my eyes to it, I know what I'm doing for the next hour+.

Edited by Abstractv3

13 minutes ago, Abstractv3 said:

I was considering Chicago(Because of Coma and Shannon Hoon on DC), watching what you linked, 2 of those are new to me haha. I love this forum. How would you rank those 3 overall? Edit - the Tokyo one was new to me and the audio is amazing. TY for bringing my eyes to it, I know what I'm doing for the next hour+.

Honestly, I can't rank them, I love them all too much. I'm glad I helped you discover something new, you're gonna have a great time watching that :headbang:

8 minutes ago, Epson said:

Just listen to that fuckin' Out Ta Get Me.:headbang:

Oh yeah, that one too!! All those gigs were just perfect. When Steven says "even our worst shows were great", he fn' means it! No one can touch 1988 GNR! :drool:

• Like 1

a sleeper show i'll throw in there (i'm bias, i was at the show) is hartford 1993.  great version of the garden, nice boys, dead horse.  amazing acoustic version of november rain.  video quality isn't great, but the show is badass.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

etc.

Man, I wish Slash was still fucking around the same way..You could tell how much fun he's having! I know he's older and more importantly sober now. I guess I'm just sad I didn't have the opportunity to see them back in the day..Millenial Problems, haha

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Download 2006

It's a shame the available quality is so poor. I'd argue this is the 2006 band's best show. The 2 song pro-shot is a good sampler, at a minimum. 

Nah, Download is a good show, I've listened to the IEM a few times but Rock Am Ring and the Universal City shows are way better IMO.

29 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Boston 2002

It lacks the intensity of the House of Blues show but it's the 2002 band's showcase. Look for the soundboard. 

Download 2006

It's a shame the available quality is so poor. I'd argue this is the 2006 band's best show. The 2 song pro-shot is a good sampler, at a minimum. 

He said Guns N Roses, not Axl's solo band.....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'd say it and UC are 1A and 1B. The energy towards the end of Download puts it over the top though. It's been awhile since I've listened to em both though.

RAR is pro shot and has beast mode Jungle and Nightrain but the rest is Axl gasping for air also no CD or Madagascar makes me sad.

RAR has the best [listenable quality] KOHD of the 'NuGNR' era. IRS, The Blues, November Rain, the show is mostly gold except for a few moments really. They fucked up Madagascar so whatever but no pro-shot OTGM is a bummer.

I'd also say Columbus was the best 2002 show btw, Boston's just the best quality.