Rock In Rio confirmed

28 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fans for years bitched that they would be satisfied by just ONE SHOW with Axl and Slash, let alone an entire tour. Once they get it, now they bitch about new music.

Thats the world we live in. Never satisfied, always demand, demand, demand.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fans for years bitched that they would be satisfied by just ONE SHOW with Axl and Slash, let alone an entire tour. Once they get it, now they bitch about new music.

if they release new music, they gonna bitch about it too, and gonna bitch because there isnt a home video, and gonna bitch because of the promotion, because of this and that, people suck

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

That's the nature of fans as a group, because it's not just one person. All fans have different opinions, that's why you can never fully please all the fans. Some fans said that only one show with Axl and Slash would be enough. Others never even wanted a reunion. All they wanted was new music.

Personally I believe we'll get new music at some point after this nostalgia tour is over, so I believe everyone's getting something. Well don't know about the AFD purists, or the Buckethead fans or whatever. Yeah, it's impossible to please everyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

That's the nature of fans as a group, because it's not just one person. All fans have different opinions, that's why you can never fully please all the fans. Some fans said that only one show with Axl and Slash would be enough. Others never even wanted a reunion. All they wanted was new music.

Personally I believe we'll get new music at some point after this nostalgia tour is over, so I believe everyone's getting something. Well don't know about the AFD purists, or the Buckethead fans or whatever. Yeah, it's impossible to please everyone.

AFD purists should just give up, is not happening

17 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

if they release new music, they gonna bitch about it too, and gonna bitch because there isnt a home video, and gonna bitch because of the promotion, because of this and that, people suck

Yeah we fans suck so much, we should do nothing, we should get this forum closed too, we should stop going to work, we should just sit at home and do nothing cause people outside suck.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Axl'd be able to fulfill his musical creativity with a functioning band like AC/DC.

That's a joke, right? Of that band Angus Young is the only one who's left. And he's mainly the face of the band, but not the main songwriter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That's a joke, right? Of that band Angus Young is the only one who's left. And he's mainly the face of the band, but not the main songwriter.

Well it's all up in the air for now. If Phil Rudd might be able to return if Slade isn't going to move forward or who is the new bass player (Mark Evans or not).

Rock Or Bust with Stevie Young was very successful even without Malcolm, and there are still plenty of riffs Angus could choose from. Angus must feel pretty confident if he wants AC/DC to move forward.

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Well it's all up in the air for now. If Phil Rudd might be able to return if Slade isn't going to move forward or who is the new bass player (Mark Evans or not).

Rock Or Bust with Stevie Young was very successful even without Malcolm, and there are still plenty of riffs Angus could choose from. Angus must feel pretty confident if he wants AC/DC to move forward.

Phil Rudd is as much wanted in that band as Steven is in GNR. And Chris Slade (and also Rudd) is the drummer, but not a songwriter.

And define successful. That album is not all that great really. And it still features Malcolm's songwriting. Who knows how much more is left. AC/DC is hardly more functioning as GNR, which still features 3 (maybe 4) solid songwriters.

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Phil Rudd is as much wanted in that band as Steven is in GNR. And Chris Slade (and also Rudd) is the drummer, but not a songwriter.

And define successful. That album is not all that great really. And it still features Malcolm's songwriting. Who knows how much more is left. AC/DC is hardly more functioning as GNR, which still features 3 (maybe 4) solid songwriters.

Lol. It was their best album in 24 years, got great reviews, fans loved it. Black Ice was too long and dragged and all over the place quality wise but still did very well. But Rock or Bust was definitely their best effort since TRE easy. To call it "not that great" is very silly in that regard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol. It was their best album in 24 years, got great reviews, fans loved it. Black Ice was too long and dragged and all over the place quality wise but still did very well. But Rock or Bust was definitely their best effort since TRE easy. To call it "not that great" is very silly in that regard.

Well, I found it pretty boring and far removed from TRE. But then again, I never listened to Ballbreaker, Stiff upper lip and Black Ice (did see them on the latter 2 tours though), so can't comment on whether it was a step up from those.

Edited by PatrickS77

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Nah, it was a freak show, the less anyone remembers about it, the better.

Only your opinion...that's ok.

That VMA's 2002 performance...so many energy...you don't see that passion in this "reunion" tour..m

1 minute ago, auad said:

Only your opinion...that's ok.

That VMA's 2002 performance...so many energy...you don't see that passion in this "reunion" tour..m

The VMA isn't really a good example. It was a freak show.

However, HOB01, RIR01, Boston02 or Leeds02 are some of the greatest GnR shows in my book. Still watching them.

• Like 4

Some people are truly never satisfied. everytime I see someone going on and on about how much they dislike the current lineup it just makes me want to ask them to put it into perspective. Would they rather have this lineup or go back to 2012 NuGuns?  Think about how far this band has come since then, Its now a band that is worthy of the GNR name in my book. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

The VMA isn't really a good example. It was a freak show.

However, HOB01, RIR01, Boston02 or Leeds02 are some of the greatest GnR shows in my book. Still watching them.

The thing that would have solidified the 2002 band at the VMAs more was if that they only played new songs for their performance. Either a medley or a full song (or two).

I think had Axl played Madagascar in full with all he's got (meaning pull out the "studio voice" at least for this one performance), people would have taken it in a little more.

Either that, or play Street of Dreams, or TWAT/any other song that was completed by then

2 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Some people are truly never satisfied. everytime I see someone going on and on about how much they dislike the current lineup it just makes me want to ask them to put it into perspective. Would they rather have this lineup or go back to 2012 NuGuns?  Think about how far this band has come since then, Its now a band that is worthy of the GNR name in my book. 

Unfortunately your book isn't everyone's book. I don't know why some of you people are so bothered cause some of us don't feel the same about this "reunion". Is it enough for you? Awesome, I'm happy for you and I wish it was for me, but it isn't and I have all the right in the world to express my opinion even if you don't like it . Enjoy it and let the rest of us who don't feel the same bitch about whatever we feel to. And please, don't take this personal, I'm quoting your message but is pretty much directed at everyone complaining about "not being satisfied", which is funny af cause they are doing the same. Honestly, if I was enjoying the "reunion" I'd give a fuck about anyone's opinion about it. :shrugs:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Unfortunately your book isn't everyone's book. I don't know why some of you people are so bothered cause some of us don't feel the same about this "reunion". Is it enough for you? Awesome, I'm happy for you and I wish it was for me, but it isn't and I have all the right in the world to express my opinion even if you don't like it . Enjoy it and let the rest of us who don't feel the same bitch about whatever we feel to. And please, don't take this personal, I'm quoting your message but is pretty much directed at everyone complaining about "not being satisfied", which is funny af cause they are doing the same. Honestly, if I was enjoying the "reunion" I'd give a fuck about anyone's opinion about it. :shrugs:

As the two sides here like to invoke this "here is a forum and one should debate all prisms of opinion," it is very natural that those who are satisfied get annoyed when the band they like is attacked constantly. If you choose to continue following a band that does not satisfy you and you feel the need to show your discontent, that's okay. But you will have to learn to live with those who are satisfied and feel uncomfortable with the constant attacks on the band that they like. This is not about bothering those with the opposite opinion or those who do not feel the same, this is about defending what pleases you. And nothing is wrong with that.

Those dissatisfied with the band have options. Never forget that.

42 minutes ago, Lio said:

Some posters seem to make it their mission to fuck up every thread with their negativity. That's what bothers me. If I see a post by certain posters, I already know what it will say, because it's ALWAYS the same. It doesn't matter which thread it is. Always the same mantra: no new music, no Izzy, no Steven... It's just really offputting. I know you don't like it.

I guess that will never change though. It used to be that way with Slash fans. Now Slash is there and lo and behold, lots of posters who registered after the announcement of the return of Duff and Slash, are complaining in every thread about no Izzy, no Steven.

Me personally, I can't waste my time bitching about things I don't like all the time. (I only do it now and then :P) Of course I don't have a problem with people who don't like this version of GNR or whatever, but I don't need them telling me that five times a day, so to speak. This is a thread about RIR, but it could be any thread, frankly, because it's always the same whining.

On topic then: I like that they do Rock in Rio. It's a huge event with a special meaning for GNR and the fans (I know, I know, RIR disaster, but yeah, 1991), so frankly I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Let's hope it all goes well and we'll be able to enjoy some nice proshot material :heart:

Those are little people who dont have much enjoyment in their pathetic lifes. Bitching on this forum is what makes them feel alive. The only place their voice gets heard.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

The thing that would have solidified the 2002 band at the VMAs more was if that they only played new songs for their performance. Either a medley or a full song (or two).

I think had Axl played Madagascar in full with all he's got (meaning pull out the "studio voice" at least for this one performance), people would have taken it in a little more.

Either that, or play Street of Dreams, or TWAT/any other song that was completed by then

Well...no... I'm not sure.

The whole joke was that Axl was out of breath and had cornrows.

I think Jungle was decent, then they went through Madagascar which was awesome. But all hell broke loose right after the first beat of Paradise City. I mean Madagascar might had been the right choice since it was one year after 9/11, and you can't really open the performance with tthat, but you need to close the whole show with Paradise City. I mean I get that, it's a little teasing. It's just that the transition between Maddy and Paradise City was weird, and Axl was out of breath man.. And Buckethead.

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Well...no... I'm not sure.

The whole joke was that Axl was out of breath and had cornrows.

I think Jungle was decent, then they went through Madagascar which was awesome. But all hell broke loose right after the first beat of Paradise City. I mean Madagascar might had been the right choice since it was one year after 9/11, and you can't really open the performance with tthat, but you need to close the whole show with Paradise City. I mean I get that, it's a little teasing. It's just that the transition between Maddy and Paradise City was weird, and Axl was out of breath man.. And Buckethead.

Well I don't think his voice being out of breath would be the problem (even though it was a problem) had he performed Maddy in full, I think the clean voice with not much power that he mostly used in 2002 is the problem. He sometimes put power behind it (and when I say power, I don't mean rasp, I mean the way he projected his voice), like in the 2nd chorus of Maddy at the VMAs, but almost always didn't have much power behind it. So he should have used his "studio voice" meaning putting as much power as he possibly could just for that one performance.

And I think Maddy would have worked as the only song. It would have exemplified Axl's "experimental new direction" that he wanted to do. Full of drum beats and orchestra in the verses, but screaming guitars in the verses. TWAT would have worked as well (assuming that Axl could actually sing the verses perfectly live).

Better would have been the perfect showcase only if he sang it perfectly, but it likely wasn't done by then (vocals recorded in 03').  I don't think anything else would have worked as far as showcasing a new direction goes.

And as for Buckethead, all the public saw was a dude in a bucket and a mask improv shredding. They didn't play anything that he had created a solo for. Had they played Maddy in which he solos, i think he would have gotten less flack.

Edited by Mendez