Rock In Rio confirmed

On 7/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, cqleonardo said:

JBJ's wife has a black belt in karate (I think black belt is for karate) and Jon always trained with her, it wont be pretty for mr. Rose

So u think jbj can beat axl rose?? Haha. Aawww. . youre so cute.

22 minutes ago, Mendez said:

And I think Maddy would have worked as the only song. It would have exemplified Axl's "experimental new direction" that he wanted to do. Full of drum beats and orchestra in the verses, but screaming guitars in the verses. TWAT would have worked as well (assuming that Axl could actually sing the verses perfectly live).

Better would have been the perfect showcase only if he sang it perfectly, but it likely wasn't done by then (vocals recorded in 03').  I don't think anything else would have worked as far as showcasing a new direction goes.

And as for Buckethead, all the public saw was a dude in a bucket and a mask improv shredding. They didn't play anything that he had created a solo for. Had they played Maddy in which he solos, i think he would have gotten less flack.

They needed to close the show with Paradise City as it was the last performance of the vma. So Paradise City was kinda obvious. I'm sure they wanted just a little tease. 

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm still not sure why everyone dislikes this announcement so much....

This thread is actually very confusing. People are fighting each other just to pass the time or something.

In my case, I would be pissed off if this announcement isn't followed by another one with new dates in Argentina but I know that won't be the case, so I'm just getting ready to rob a bank :D

15 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Its just dislike for the current line-up leaking through into dislike for the announcement. 

I can see that... I'm just trying to make the best of seeing Slash/Axl and Duff up there again... Even a bit of Dizzy.  I've given up on the rest of the lineup. I do watch a lot of live you tube videos still.. Probably 5 from 2017 tonight.  It will be cool to have some good pro shot footage. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Some posters seem to make it their mission to fuck up every thread with their negativity. That's what bothers me. If I see a post by certain posters, I already know what it will say, because it's ALWAYS the same. It doesn't matter which thread it is. Always the same mantra: no new music, no Izzy, no Steven... It's just really offputting. I know you don't like it.

I guess that will never change though. It used to be that way with Slash fans. Now Slash is there and lo and behold, lots of posters who registered after the announcement of the return of Duff and Slash, are complaining in every thread about no Izzy, no Steven.

Me personally, I can't waste my time bitching about things I don't like all the time. (I only do it now and then :P) Of course I don't have a problem with people who don't like this version of GNR or whatever, but I don't need them telling me that five times a day, so to speak. This is a thread about RIR, but it could be any thread, frankly, because it's always the same whining.

On topic then: I like that they do Rock in Rio. It's a huge event with a special meaning for GNR and the fans (I know, I know, RIR disaster, but yeah, 1991), so frankly I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Let's hope it all goes well and we'll be able to enjoy some nice proshot material :heart:

"Some posters seem to make it their mission to fuck up every thread with their negativity."  Makes one wanna say - why don't you just...fuck off!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, History2010 said:

Some people are truly never satisfied. everytime I see someone going on and on about how much they dislike the current lineup it just makes me want to ask them to put it into perspective. Would they rather have this lineup or go back to 2012 NuGuns?  Think about how far this band has come since then, Its now a band that is worthy of the GNR name in my book. 

This, I'd love to see the original line-up but this is still the best it's been in a long time.

30 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

really?

Officially the September 8th show is listed as the last official show on their website. But it can also be that there's more dates after RIR, though I doubt it, but some people still think they will come back to Europe or the US once again after being there like a month ago already, to play arenas (yeah I'm not kidding). The Vegas and Coachella shows weren't part of the NITL tour either so it's probably a similar deal here, the current tour started on June 23rd and not in April. Have to wait and see!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Officially the September 8th show is listed as the last official show on their website. But it can also be that there's more dates after RIR, though I doubt it, but some people still think they will come back to Europe or the US once again after being there like a month ago already, to play arenas (yeah I'm not kidding). The Vegas and Coachella shows weren't part of the NITL tour either so it's probably a similar deal here, the current tour started on June 23rd and not in April. Have to wait and see!

They're not really touring Europe extensively. Lots of countries and cities where you'd expect them, aren't on there. I would guess it has something to do with the 30th anniversary of AFD and them wanting to do sth special in the US then, that's why they're cutting the European tour short. There is no reason for them not to do shows in countries where Axl's GNR and Slash have had shows in the past. I don't think it's so ridiculous to assume they may get back to Europe at least after that.

6 minutes ago, Leivisguns said:

What participation did you want to see in Rock in Rio? Respond to :headbang:

GNR+Steven tyler=mama kin

GNR+ alice =the garden

GNR+ the who= the seeker

Aerosmith+slash=dream on

All of them 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lio said:

Some posters seem to make it their mission to fuck up every thread with their negativity. That's what bothers me. If I see a post by certain posters, I already know what it will say, because it's ALWAYS the same. It doesn't matter which thread it is. Always the same mantra: no new music, no Izzy, no Steven... It's just really offputting. I know you don't like it.

I guess that will never change though. It used to be that way with Slash fans. Now Slash is there and lo and behold, lots of posters who registered after the announcement of the return of Duff and Slash, are complaining in every thread about no Izzy, no Steven.

Me personally, I can't waste my time bitching about things I don't like all the time. (I only do it now and then :P) Of course I don't have a problem with people who don't like this version of GNR or whatever, but I don't need them telling me that five times a day, so to speak. This is a thread about RIR, but it could be any thread, frankly, because it's always the same whining.

On topic then: I like that they do Rock in Rio. It's a huge event with a special meaning for GNR and the fans (I know, I know, RIR disaster, but yeah, 1991), so frankly I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Let's hope it all goes well and we'll be able to enjoy some nice proshot material :heart:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

But I'm sure if people keep complaining Izzy and Steven will magically appear...

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Apparently, they'll be playing Brazil, Chile and Argentina when they come to South America. Maybe somewhere else too but those three seem to be the countries that are pretty much confirmed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Apparently, they'll be playing Brazil, Chile and Argentina when they come to South America. Maybe somewhere else too but those three seem to be the countries that are pretty much confirmed.

How do you know they are confirmed? 

3 minutes ago, maynard said:

It's sad that some of you guys want to censor certain posts. Rovim and wasted spamming threads with CD crap really annoyed me. Thankfully I know the Ignore function.

Catcher

-Brian May on Drums
-Tom Petty on Tambourine
-Billy Gibbons on Flute

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

How do you know they are confirmed? 

I said pretty much. It's what's being said all over here and it even made it to a chilean newspaper that I was told, "know their shit". I won't  be 100% sure until it's announced but as I already said before, I'm pretty optimistic. 

• Like 1

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

I said pretty much. It's what's being said all over here and it even made it to a chilean newspaper that I was told, "know their shit". I won't  be 100% sure until it's announced but as I already said before, I'm pretty optimistic. 

So a full SA tour again at the end of this year?