Rock In Rio confirmed

13 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

What I heard is mini tour in these three countries. I don't know if that's what's almost confirmed and they might add other places or if they're just playing these three countries and that's it.

Yes, its almost 100% confirmed. They are saying that GNR will coheadline with The Who. This way, both bands secured playing in the Estadio Nacional (biggest stadium in Chile). It will be like 70.000 people (again), which is insane in Chile for a band that played here just last year. This money maching know their shit. Fun fact: NuGuns only did 14.000 and 12.000 in 2010 & 2011.

Edited by MisterBrownstoner

4 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:
Who can translate or paraphrase what most of these peeps are saying? TIA. :)

Nothing special, really, but here you go ;)

'- They accompany me since I was a little kid.
- It reminds me of my teenage years
- It's what I listen daily

(Some talk about The Who)

- Wait...these guys are playing at the same day
- Awesome, let's see
- So dope (:P)
- It's Rock N' Roll essence
- I would already be camping there
- Classic
- Sensational
- An historical night
- It's gonna be so good
- It has to be an historical night
- It's gonna be an epic day'

• Like 1

Just now, dgnr said:

Nothing special, really, but here you go ;)

'- They accompany me since I was a little kid.
- It reminds me of my teenage years
- It's what I listen daily

(Some talk about The Who)

- Wait...these guys are playing at the same day
- Awesome, let's see
- So dope (:P)
- It's Rock N' Roll essence
- I would already be camping there
- Classic
- Sensational
- An historical night
- It's gonna be so good
- It has to be an historical night
- It's gonna be an epic day'

Nice! Thanks so much. :D

Have just seen today that GnR`s offical facebook account confirmed the RiR gig.

I really wonder if that rumoured tour with the Who in South America is actually following. I can`t quite see Guns doing another full SA leg of their tour as they toured all the major areas already; and not sure they can sell Argentina and Chile again?!?....Possibly they can still sell 2 more shows in northern Brazil, then Montevideo, La Paz and maybe Panama. 

I do think though they will return to Europe in 2018, as they left out quite some places (Barcelona, Berlin, Norway, Northern UK, Eastern Europe, Russia, most likely they will play another festival in Germany as Rock am Ring, maybe another one or two in UK / France / Italy). Some more shows in Asia (India) and South Africa would be cool though, hen they truely toured the world. Never got why Asia as the most heavily populated continent always get so few shows (of any rock band).

Edited by God of Thunder

Just checked the complete lineup so far, the second weekend is actually really massive and worth flying there: Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, The Who, Guns, RHCP, The Offspring, Sepultura.....So much good music in one place! 

My Portuguese is a bit rusty and their website is not very foreign friendly...: Anyone knows if this is a "real" festival with camping and one ticket for everything? Or is it just a bunch of shows on 2 weekends where people come in the afternoon and leave again after the show? Also what are ticket prices normally? Obrigado :) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, God of Thunder said:

Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, The Who, Guns, RHCP, The Offspring, Sepultura.....So much good music in one place! 

Aerosmith: okay, nothing that excites me

alice: same

bon jovi: are u fucking kidding me?

the who: interesting. Doesnt give me a boner though

rhcp: they became musically irrelevant a while ago. Popact

offspring: wouldnt be interested if they played in my backyard. Maybe would just open the curtains for self esteem

sepultura: irrelevant since max left

• Like 1

2 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

Just checked the complete lineup so far, the second weekend is actually really massive and worth flying there: Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, The Who, Guns, RHCP, The Offspring, Sepultura.....So much good music in one place! 

My Portuguese is a bit rusty and their website is not very foreign friendly...: Anyone knows if this is a "real" festival with camping and one ticket for everything? Or is it just a bunch of shows on 2 weekends where people come in the afternoon and leave again after the show? Also what are ticket prices normally? Obrigado :) 

Yes. Definitely. A great way to cap off my Aerosmith and GNR tours. Throw in Alice Cooper and Billy Idol and I'm trying to be there. And once I'm there, to catch The Offspring, The Who and maybe The Red Hot Chili Peppers should be nice enough. I wonder how it will go with tickets though? Crazy and expensive like Coachella or more reasonable?

2 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Definitely. A great way to cap off my Aerosmith and GNR tours. Throw in Alice Cooper and Billy Idol and I'm trying to be there. And once I'm there, to catch The Offspring, The Who and maybe The Red Hot Chili Peppers should be nice enough. I wonder how it will go with tickets though? Crazy and expensive like Coachella or more reasonable?

Guys, it's one ticket per day, no camping. You go, you see, you go home (or the hotel). This year's price is  R$ 455,00 per day which is about... 150 USD? Something like that. Students and the elderly (and some other people) have the right to pay half price.

4 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

Guys, it's one ticket per day, no camping. You go, you see, you go home (or the hotel). This year's price is  R$ 455,00 per day which is about... 150 USD? Something like that. Students and the elderly (and some other people) have the right to pay half price.

Good. I'm too old to go camping anyway.  ;-) So there are no 3 day tickets? Okay, not really cheap, with 2 days kinda comparable with Coachella. So, I guess I will only try for the Guns and Aero days.

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Good. I'm too old to go camping anyway.  ;-) So there are no 3 day tickets? Okay, not really cheap, with 2 days kinda comparable with Coachella. So, I guess I will only try for the Guns and Aero days.

You wouldn't wanna camp there anyway. Rains like a motherfucker at that time of year. And Axl is an Indian chief or something who brings forth rain, I don't think I have ever attended a Guns concert without rain. :D And no 3 day tickets to my knowledge.

And R$ 455.00   I put a comma instead of a dot, might throw some people off. 

5 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

You wouldn't wanna camp there anyway. Rains like a motherfucker at that time of year. And Axl is an Indian chief or something who brings forth rain, I don't think I have ever attended a Guns concert without rain. :D And no 3 day tickets to my knowledge.

And R$ 455.00   I put a comma instead of a dot, might throw some people off. 

Rain season? What would an open air show be without rain? But still warm enough to go swimming in the sea, I hope?

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Rain season? What would an open air show be without rain? But still warm enough to go swimming in the sea, I hope?

Yeah! No matter how cold it gets in Brazil, it will never be as cold as what y'all are used to. Hahahaha (except in the south of Brazil). Besides, September 23rd is the first day of spring.  Anyway, yeah, Rio is pretty much hot every day except maybe in June. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I hope Axl has a sense of trying to make up for 2011 and just goes all in on this show. I'll probably be at their last show in SAN Antonio this year before this one so it will be interesting to see where they are. 

Haha, he'll most likely wear the yellow jacket for the entirety of the performance just to troll the shit out of us.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think they come out with Jungle as the opener...it would set the mood nicely. 

If Axl is looking to makeup for 2011 then he will bust out Perfect Crime to kick things off 

I've bitched about the setlist in the past whilst following the tour but if you take a break and look back on it I actually think the setlist is fine as is. I like that they leave Jungle until the 4th song. More of a build up.