Rock In Rio confirmed

36 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I've bitched about the setlist in the past whilst following the tour but if you take a break and look back on it I actually think the setlist is fine as is. I like that they leave Jungle until the 4th song. More of a build up.

I agree but I think for these big events like Rio you change up the start and nothing gets people going like Jungle 

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I agree but I think for these big events like Rio you change up the start and nothing gets people going like Jungle 

I was on the concert in Rio last year, I think It's So Easy is a better opener than Jungle, the vibe of that song is awesome to start, Jungle a little later on the setlist kinda wakes you up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Don't think so. Apparently they'll be playing Argentina on september 29 (not confirmed yet). Also Chile but don't know the date.

I am sure they come back to Europe to play some big money festivals in 2018 and some places they will skip this year. As they seem to get along more or less just fine and Axl`s work with AC/DC must have had major implications on his work ethics (otherwise I cannot really explain why the shows now always start on time...) I do not see a reason to stop if they can print money for another season. I`d be happy to see them as many times as possible on this tour.

11 hours ago, RooSaa said:

is rock in rio the last concert before the tour is over? After that one, nobody knows how/if they will continue?

I have my reasons to believe that this tour is gonna be a long tour through the years, like the Chinese Democracy tour was

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I have my reasons to believe that this tour is gonna be a long tour through the years, like the Chinese Democracy tour was

I'd be quite surprised if Slash was on board with this considering he has always said in interviews he would never become a nostalgia act only playing the hits

• 2 weeks later...

This is the lineup of GN'R's day (23/09) so far:

Main Stage:

Guns N' Roses

The Who

Incubus

Titãs

Sunset stage (2nd stage):

CeeLo Green

Bomba Stéreo + Karol Conka

Rock Street (3rd Stage, this edition's theme is African music):

Ba Cissoko

Mamani Keïta

Alfred Et Bernard

On March 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd be quite surprised if Slash was on board with this considering he has always said in interviews he would never become a nostalgia act only playing the hits

All of these dudes have said things in the past that they have gone against.  Doesn't mean they didn't believe in those things when stated, but things change.

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So why is it confirmed on the Rio web but not a word on the official Guns site yet?
Hey, maybe they've been working on some new spectacular promo video.

They posted this on their Twitter and Facebook pages.  Not sure why it isn't on their website yet: