So, who collects the GN'R vinyl?

I have:

AFD original cover, not a bootleg or reissue

Lies original cover ("Ladies, welcome to the dark ages")

UYI II (had it signed by Matt Sorum in 99...don't know if that lowers the value)

TSI on orange vinyl

Live from the Jungle Japanese EP with Obi strip

CD

And I have Live Era.  But it's not sealed.  I listened to it when I got it.   Still rare though.

I don't have UYI I.   I need to pick up a reissue one of these days just so I can have all the main releases.

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

I have:

AFD original cover, not a bootleg or reissue

Lies original cover ("Ladies, welcome to the dark ages")

UYI II (had it signed by Matt Sorum in 99...don't know if that lowers the value)

TSI on orange vinyl

Live from the Jungle Japanese EP with Obi strip

CD

And I have Live Era.  But it's not sealed.  I listened to it when I got it.   Still rare though.

I don't have UYI I.   I need to pick up a reissue one of these days just so I can have all the main releases.

I saw an original release, sealed "Use Your Illusion I" this weekend... $125.

My U.K. "Welcome to the Jungle" 45.

17127138_1444356278972169_15607332192072

Not a "collector" but I have Appetite for Destruction (with the original artwork), Use Your Illusion I and II and the Nightrain single (which I'd totally forgotten about and can't remember how it came into my possession). 

Back in the early 2000s a friend noted that I didn't have much in the way of GNR memorabilia on my walls.   It made me realized that my status as a hardcore GNR fan was in question until I rectified the situation.  So for the next six months to a year I went on a eBay scavenger hunt for any and all GNR complete album vinyl I could find.  I was fortunate to find sealed copies of the following:

Live Like a Suicide
Appetite for Destruction
Lies (not sealed, but still had plastic retail cover)
Use Your Illusion 1 & 2
The Spaghetti Incident
Live Era
Chinese Democracy (purchased in 2008, obviously)

I purchased gold metal frames with black mats.  With the exception of Chinese Democracy, they have been sitting in these frames from the day they were purchased.

I use to have all of them hanging on a wall in my bedroom, but when I got married and moved into the house I'm in now, wall space and marriage limited me to just the Illusion albums that bookend my AFD RIAA Gold album award (also purchased through eBay).  

I'm hopeful that some day I'll add a new vinyl of GNR material to my collection.    

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Johnny Nightrain said:

This might be a years-long journey, but I have a far-fetched goal of collecting at least one version of every official GN'R vinyl release. I say one version, because a lot of the releases are the same in multiple countries. For example, I own the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch and it's the exact same thing as the U.K. version. I'm also into picking up promos, but I wouldn't consider the collection incomplete if I'm missing a few. I made my first big step toward the collection this weekend when I pulled the trigger and coughed up $70 for the original cover "Appetite" release, which is actually a good price.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can post pics of the records as I get them.

Also, I'd love to see what everyone else has.

17126079_1125447317577459_44422954546207

My brother has this album. He bought it off a guy on ebay a long time ago. The guy and his wife were moving and needed the cash. He got this album for about $150.

He's also got every other album for GNR.

On 11 March 2017 at 4:56 AM, Johnny Nightrain said:

Here's the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch. It has a cool, alternate mix of "Mr. Brownstone."

16789604_1747941505521185_59942808304683

I've got this which I was then able to get signed by Adler.

Others I have are mostly singles - YCBM, SIDHY, KOHD, November Rain (picture vinyl with Patience and SCOM), SCOM with It's So Easy live at the Marquee, and Jungle. Appetite too.

There might be one or two more, I can't remember because they are all at my parents place.

But I do love giving them a spin, the sound is better on vinyl.

I actually only have 3 vinyls with GN'R.. but it will be more in the future.. I have 2 albums in good shape of the original Appetite "banned" release and Chinese Democracy still sealed never opened and never will be. I need to track down some more vinyls!! but my economy isn't that great at the moment so that have to wait a bit.

Have some collecting box "making fucking boxes" with a big poster and some cd's and badge + cd interview with slash. I have owned LOTS of magazine posters but my mom threw them away when i was young. Still have some shirts left from the old days =)

Also, can anyone verify which version of "Shadow of Your Love" is on this German 12". Is it the "studio" version that says "Wake up, time to play" in the beginning? I have an actual live version on the "It's So Easy" 12". Also, I see some people online arguing that this version, if it is the "time to play" version is actually Hollywood Rose.

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-And-Let-Die-Shadow-Of-Your-Love/release/1748831

I have the original AfD on vinyl. Bought it in the netherlands back in 88/89 (I guess) because I couldn't find it in my german area. It's not sealed of course because I was playing it over and over back then :lol:

Lies - also on vinyl

Live like a suicide on vinyl

UYI I+II on CD. It was pretty cool to get CDs back then. So no one really wanted to buy vinyl anymore...

On 2017-03-13 at 7:56 PM, Johnny Nightrain said:

I don't collect boots, but I wanted the Ritz show on vinyl and saw it in the store right after I got a new job, so what the heck.

Also, this is the last of what I already own. I'll post new stuff as it comes in. I have some things on the way.

14701154_1805108449733816_59557558585865

I bought this a couple of months ago, sadly the between songs chatter/rant are removed... I will probably try to find a vinyl copy of the Ritz gig that hasn't removed that.

On 2017-03-14 at 4:56 AM, Johnny Nightrain said:

Also, can anyone verify which version of "Shadow of Your Love" is on this German 12". Is it the "studio" version that says "Wake up, time to play" in the beginning? I have an actual live version on the "It's So Easy" 12". Also, I see some people online arguing that this version, if it is the "time to play" version is actually Hollywood Rose.

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-And-Let-Die-Shadow-Of-Your-Love/release/1748831

It's the "wake up, time to play"-studio version version but on the back cover it states that it's a live version, it clearly isn't though when you listen to it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this; nothing too special. Though, the seller accidentally sent me the "Jungle"/Sweet Child" Back-to-Back Hits 45, so when I emailed to let him know of the mistake, he sent me the correct one (pictured) at no charge and didn't even ask for the other back, so I got two that I needed for the price of one. I've got some more stuff coming in the mail, too.

17493466_1379885388739430_81046548314545

Edited by Johnny Nightrain
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, Johnny Nightrain said:

Here's the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch. It has a cool, alternate mix of "Mr. Brownstone."

16789604_1747941505521185_59942808304683

I have this one. As well as a few others from back then too... Rock In Rio, one with a bunch of demos and interview record, This was great because it had Move To The City and Shadows on it before they were released. Well I guess Move To The City had been released on LLAS but know one really knew it yet. I also have an original cover appetite too.  I think I had an original once which I believe to have been stolen at a party.  I replaced it with one from Ebay but it's probably a re-print.

Edited by Tom-Ass
forgot something

Here's my vinyl collection :)

o5vyIxb.jpg
From top left: Picture disc (Mexico), Banned cover w/ gold promo stamp, Japanese pressing, the first copy I got/wore out, old copy I found at a record fair, 180g re-issue.

bQ9xYFa.jpg
Live Era, Lies (Original pressing), It's So Easy 12", Japan 1988 2LP, Hollywood Rose, Hollywood Rose alt. cover, Dr. Love 2LP (Germany '87 & Ritz '88), Don't Cry picture disc, Don't Cry 12", Donnington '88, Chinese Democracy

vK5qqpK.jpg
You Could Be Mine 12", Stockholm '91 3LP, Yesterdays picture disc, Wild Horses (live covers), UYI II 180g re-issue, UYI I 180g re-issue, UYI I Russian pressing, UYI I original pressing, Unplugged (Argentina '93, CBGB '87), The Spaghetti Incident?, Vegas night 2 (incomplete show), Ritz '88 2LP

dQW7PTK.jpg
Interview disc, Chinese Democracy, Don't Cry, Nightrain, Patience x3, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Loaded 'Greed' split 7", VR 'Fall To Pieces/Slither'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Here's my vinyl collection :)

Hide contents

o5vyIxb.jpg
From top left: Picture disc (Mexico), Banned cover w/ gold promo stamp, Japanese pressing, the first copy I got/wore out, old copy I found at a record fair, 180g re-issue.

bQ9xYFa.jpg
Live Era, Lies (Original pressing), It's So Easy 12", Japan 1988 2LP, Hollywood Rose, Hollywood Rose alt. cover, Dr. Love 2LP (Germany '87 & Ritz '88), Don't Cry picture disc, Don't Cry 12", Donnington '88, Chinese Democracy

vK5qqpK.jpg
You Could Be Mine 12", Stockholm '91 3LP, Yesterdays picture disc, Wild Horses (live covers), UYI II 180g re-issue, UYI I 180g re-issue, UYI I Russian pressing, UYI I original pressing, Unplugged (Argentina '93, CBGB '87), The Spaghetti Incident?, Vegas night 2 (incomplete show), Ritz '88 2LP

dQW7PTK.jpg
Interview disc, Chinese Democracy, Don't Cry, Nightrain, Patience x3, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Loaded 'Greed' split 7", VR 'Fall To Pieces/Slither'

Nice! "Live Era" is the prized one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

European "Patience" single; has "Rocket Queen" on the other side. Unfortunately, some of the stuff I had coming got "lost in the mail." Boo.

17818311_1295942753776810_88196506773083

very cool!  Sorry to hear about the "lost in the mail" stuff.

To my eyes the cover art is very UYI type of look.  I don't know if thats a fair observation or not, but with rocket queen b - side and Patience A - side it would be neat if there was a chain all the way from Appetite to illusions.  I guess in the vein of the YCBM lyric in appetite booklet.

• Like 1