So, who collects the GN'R vinyl?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I saw Susan McKagan post a green vinyl version of AFD on her latest IG story, is that a special Record Store Day release?

Nah it's just some counterfeit, I found that pic hilarious when I saw it because of that very reason! ;)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Out of curiosity, how much are sealed vinyl copies of Live Era going for these days?  

I see a few online retailers pushing $1399, but that seems a little nuts to me.  

No one will ever pay those prices. I picked up a good 2nd hand copy on ebay a few years back for 80usd as a buy it now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kearnsy said:

No one will ever pay those prices. I picked up a good 2nd hand copy on ebay a few years back for 80usd as a buy it now.

Yeah, seems crazy to think anyone would ever pay that much for a sealed copy, regardless how rare it is.  Perhaps a sealed copy of Live Like a Suicide, but not something like Live Era.

I wonder what a sealed copy would go for on eBay.  

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Yeah, seems crazy to think anyone would ever pay that much for a sealed copy, regardless how rare it is.  Perhaps a sealed copy of Live Like a Suicide, but not something like Live Era.

I wonder what a sealed copy would go for on eBay.  

Last sealed copy went for 354usd and used copy for 235usd. Both on ebay

Sealed you could probably get at least $300 USD. I bought mine a couple years ago, not sealed, a small mark on the spine but otherwise pristine, and I think with shipping (from Japan) it was about $120 USD, maybe a little less than that. It's an interesting album, can't say I listen to it often but I've played it a couple times.

The only record I don't have an interest in hunting down is LLAS, because I've never seen one for a reasonable price.

I bought a sealed copy of LLAS fifteen years ago from the same source who sold me Alan Niven's RIAA gold album plaque for AFD. Niven authorized the seller to unload his garage full of GNR memorabilia. The list of items available at the time was amazing; I almost bit at the RIAA platinum plaque for UYI2 awarded to Izzy but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend at the time. 

It took me two attempts to buy LLAS; the first attempt I got swindled via eBay. This was around 2002 before eBay had strict enforcement and refund rules. Thankful the second attempt put me in touch with Niven's guy.

I picked up a Euro copy of "Lies" last week. It was about $20 USD. It's a version with no insert; just the rounded white inner sleeve. Copies with inserts are double that these days. I'll eventually pick one up, but I wanted to have all of the studio stuff and this was the last one I needed.

17933894_438856213148826_400609810359255

Pretty sure my copy of Lies has the "Ladies welcome to the dark ages" text on it.

I never bought LLAS cause there's just too many fakes out there.  And there have been for years.  I gotta believe a lot of people that think they have a genuine LLAS have a fake.

Same with the original Appetite cover.  Not only are there fakes everywhere, but official reissues too.  It's a pain in the ass if you want to make sure you've got the real deal.

Haven't had a working turntable for years now, but still have these, and a bootleg or two somewhere, I think the Chris Tetley interview on a normal LP too...  and a mention of my Skid Row records!

Open to offers, or happy to answer any questions about any of them...

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up the "You Could Be..." 3x LP bootleg of the Stockholm 1991-08-16 gig. It's a great show with a great sounding bootleg in an awesome gatefold sleeve! 

Been looking for it for a while and found it in a record store about 7 km away from the venue where it was recorded today for 300 kr (36 USD)!

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I picked up the "You Could Be..." 3x LP bootleg of the Stockholm 1991-08-16 gig. It's a great show with a great sounding bootleg in an awesome gatefold sleeve! 

Been looking for it for a while and found it in a record store about 7 km away from the venue where it was recorded today for 300 kr (36 USD)!

Nice, I picked up that bootleg like a year ago, about the same price. It's an awesome record! :headbang:

Anyone here have any of the "new" bootlegs that've come out in the last year? I have 'In The Empire of The Sun' (Tokyo '88) but I've seen other shows like Perkins, Indianna, and a SA '91-93 picture disc for example... I think the Tokyo '88 bootleg sucks sound-wise, wondering if the others are similar?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice, I picked up that bootleg like a year ago, about the same price. It's an awesome record! :headbang:

Anyone here have any of the "new" bootlegs that've come out in the last year? I have 'In The Empire of The Sun' (Tokyo '88) but I've seen other shows like Perkins, Indianna, and a SA '91-93 picture disc for example... I think the Tokyo '88 bootleg sucks sound-wise, wondering if the others are similar?

I haven't heard any of those particular releases but I bought "Live In New York City February 2 1988" which as the title implies is a bootleg of the Ritz show that is one of the "new" bootleg releses and it was a real disappointment!

It was from a pretty bad source and all talking between songs are cut out so every song fades in and out... Is that the case for the Empire of the Sun bootleg as well? 

1 minute ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I haven't heard any of those particular releases but I bought "Live In New York City February 2 1988" which as the title implies is a bootleg of the Ritz show that is one of the "new" bootleg releses and it was a real disappointment!

It was from a pretty bad source and all talking between songs are cut out so every song fades in and out... Is that the case for the Empire of the Sun bootleg as well? 

Yea pretty sure the same label pressed the Ritz, Perkins and maybe Tokyo bootleg, it sounds like they ripped it from youtube or some fuckin 10th generation cassette copy, I don't remember it fading but I only listened to it the once.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea pretty sure the same label pressed the Ritz, Perkins and maybe Tokyo bootleg, it sounds like they ripped it from youtube or some fuckin 10th generation cassette copy, I don't remember it fading but I only listened to it the once.

It's such a shame... why not spend 15 minutes and find a good source before pressing a couple of thousand copies? 

I guess money talks...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
DSCF1710DSCF1686DSCF1690DSCF1703DSCF1702DSCF1700DSCF1705DSCF1709DSCF1708DSCF1717DSCF1722DSCF1721DSCF1720DSCF1719DSCF1725DSCF1724DSCF1727DSCF1732DSCF1734DSCF1733DSCF1709

I also have a few other 7" singles such as Ain't it fun, It's so easy and The Australian 12" Lies LP with the clean cover and uncensored inner sleave. I made an effort to locate the sealed and uncensored versions of the albums as I believe that they truly express what Guns N' Roses were back in the day. 

• Like 1