So, who collects the GN'R vinyl?

This might be a years-long journey, but I have a far-fetched goal of collecting at least one version of every official GN'R vinyl release. I say one version, because a lot of the releases are the same in multiple countries. For example, I own the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch and it's the exact same thing as the U.K. version. I'm also into picking up promos, but I wouldn't consider the collection incomplete if I'm missing a few. I made my first big step toward the collection this weekend when I pulled the trigger and coughed up $70 for the original cover "Appetite" release, which is actually a good price.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can post pics of the records as I get them.

Also, I'd love to see what everyone else has.

17126079_1125447317577459_44422954546207

Edited by Johnny Nightrain
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Słash said:

@RussTCB is the master of Vinyls 

I don't so much "collect" GN'R vinyl to be honest. I just happen to have each of the LPs they've released but that's mostly because I'm a completist with many artists in my collection.

I have every album except Live Like A Suicide on vinyl... several versions of AFD (regular, re-issue, picture disc, gold stamp promo/banned cover), a few versions of UYI I, even got a copy of Live Era.

The most recent records I got were (3 LPs) of the Axl/DC show in Belgium. :headbang:

7 minutes ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

This might be a years-long journey, but I have a far-fetched goal of collecting at least one version of every official GN'R vinyl release. I say one version, because a lot of the releases are the same in multiple countries. For example, I own the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch and it's the exact same thing as the U.K. version. I'm also into picking up promos, but I wouldn't consider the collection incomplete if I'm missing a few. I made my first big step toward the collection this weekend when I pulled the trigger and coughed up $70 for the original cover "Appetite" release, which is actually a good price.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can post pics of the records as I get them.

Also, I'd love to see what everyone else has.

17126079_1125447317577459_44422954546207

Im jealous!  Happy for you too of course.  Id love to see you post as you grow your collection!  And am excited to see what everyone else has.  I only have a copy of Lies which is in really good condition.  My partner doesnt love the cover so much so its kinda at the back of the bin.  For me a big goal would be to simply get all the studio albums and Live Era, but would be neat to learn whats all out there

I don't know how to upload pictures here so I will make a list:

Appetite for Destruction (original artwork)

Paradise City / Used To Love Her / Anything Goes

GN'R Lies

Use Your Illusion II

November Rain / Sweet Child O' Mine / Patience

Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy (red cover/ blue vinyl - demos/live versions/Oh My God [single version])

Edited by Sosso

15 minutes ago, troccoli said:

I likely have whatever you are looking for.  Check here (www.troccolitm.com) but know that I haven't doe an update in years.  That will finally be done by Saturday and it WILL BLOW MINDS

Dang, that's a lot of stuff.

I know you have this U.K. version. Mine has promo stickers on the front and back.

16906988_183154278844064_471569972822068

I only have the original artwork AFD, which I bought in summer for 36 euros.My last money returning from vacation and I had to spend like a day with 70 cents in Athens waiting  for the Night Train (pun intended:) ).During my whole 6 hour trip to Thessaloniki I had the Vinyl in my arms so something bad wouldn't happen to it. I'm so glad it made it alive and well.I'll post pictures when I get home 

PS : I don't even have a turntable 

Edited by Get In the Ring Motherfker
  • Like 1

I have all albums in some format or other (promo, original  etc) except live like a suicide. My live era is signed by dizzy bought on ebay. Also have some singles 

Edited by Kearnsy
error

12 hours ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

@troccoli Do you know what's up with most of the U.S. "Patience" 7" singles missing the picture sleeve?

Not sure, but also not sure what you mean to be honest.  How can you be sure they are missing it?  They may just be jukebox singles.  Those only came with a generic sleeve.

10 hours ago, troccoli said:

Not sure, but also not sure what you mean to be honest.  How can you be sure they are missing it?  They may just be jukebox singles.  Those only came with a generic sleeve.

Check out all of these for sales: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/706496?ev=rb

Almost all have a "generic" sleeve listed and the ones with the sleeve, in good shape, are a bit pricey for a U.S. 45. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

Here's the German "It's So Easy" 12-inch. It has a cool, alternate mix of "Mr. Brownstone."

16789604_1747941505521185_59942808304683

That sleeve is cool as fuck. Always loved the Patience and Nightrain single covers as well.

Edited by SoundOfAGun
Phone is a megacunt
  • Like 1