GN'R should be a three guitar player group again - with Slash, Izzy and Richard

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How can someone with no presence bother you? 

You really get no enjoyment from watching Ritz 88 or RIR 91? Do you think those shows would be better if Richard Fortus were in them? 

I enjoy watching old gigs, it's not all about mr. Stradlin on them but I don't like him on stage and thats it 

1 minute ago, Słash said:

LOL at the people who are saying they don't like Izzy's presence

Izzy is the coolest fucker out there, he is really natural on stage how a rocker should be

Jumping every 2 secs wont make you anything extra ordinary

I guess these are the same people who said that Paul Tobias is more talented and better than Slash LOL

I would say that Paul Tobias is a better songwriter than Slash.

2 hours ago, Słash said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

and Axl Rose would be God

No, seriously. Tobias co-wrote complexe songs like Oh My God, TWAT, Catcher in the Rye, I.R.S. and Prostitute. Slash's solo albums had anything but good songwriting.

Edited by Sosso

16 minutes ago, Sosso said:

No, seriously. Tobias co-wrote complex songs like Oh My God, TWAT, Catcher in the Rye, I.R.S. and Prostitute. Slash's solo albums had anything but good songwriting.

No one knows how much he "co wrote" it could be one line or just one chord. 

The guitar parts on the songs you mentioned above were done by Robin and Bucket, so they did the complex part 

Comparing Slash to Paul Tobias is like I dont even know what to say

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Seriously not trying to stir the pot here but for those of you constantly saying Izzy does not have any stage presence... What exactly would you like him to do up there? He plays, interacts with the fans and genuinely seems to be having a good time. But because he's not punching his guitar or running around every 5 seconds that means he doesn't have stage presence? :facepalm:

I suppose I would like him to play guitar and sing like he actually gives a shit? :lol: 

The guy mumbles his way through the song and barely plays it. Come on! There are people that have paid to be there and see a performance. Perform!

Izzy has always been laid back and has a quieter voice. I just don't see how that equates to no stage presence. :shrugs: You cant have all 5 guys running around like lunatics all the time. Slash & Axl have that position covered. I think Izzy's style of performing balances them out. It may not be what you like but that doesn't mean it isn't good

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I suppose I would like him to play guitar and sing like he actually gives a shit? :lol: 

The guy mumbles his way through the song and barely plays it. Come on! There are people that have paid to be there and see a performance. Perform!

Even if what you claim would be true, he'd still be infinitely cooler than Fortus. And thanks for posting that clip. Now I miss Izzy even more. Such a shame that they managed to piss of the one guy, who was constantly playing with everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

the problem is that the songs are made for two guitars, Iron Maiden even before 3 guitars had 3 guitars playing on the songs, now the sound is more complete with Janick doing his stuff, I never saw the need of 3 guitars in GNR, I like Fortus where he is and I don't rly like Izzy so...

The songs are NOT made for two guitars! Even on Appetite there are 3 guitar channels. 3 guitars sounds more like the studio versions. Not saying I want 3 guitars, but that's how it is!

43 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Well, I think if Izzy was surrounded by Duff and Slash, not those weird people (sorry, I refuse to accept them:shrugs:), he would do much better job. Anyway, he definitely still has this cool vibe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MADDOGJONES said:

The songs are NOT made for two guitars! Even on Appetite there are 3 guitar channels. 3 guitars sounds more like the studio versions. Not saying I want 3 guitars, but that's how it is!

I would argue for a live setting the songs are made for two guitars!  So for Appetite specifically here is the basic layout of the mixes:

Left channel is Izzy, Right channel is Slash, and the center channel is for solos and lead fills.  The only times with three guitars going on at the same time is during the guitar solos (where the rhythm part is doubled) or during lead fills (with Slash's leads going on with two rhythm parts).  There isn't a real third guitar part being played - just a doubled rhythm guitar part for the sake of filling out the sound whenever there is a guitar solo going on. 

That long paragraph condensed to one point would be, there are three guitar channels but the third (center) channel is not active the vast majority of the time

In a live setting such as with nuGNR, the overall sound would get muddier if you have three guitars playing at the same time anyway.  What may work for stereo imaging of a studio recording may not always translate in a live setting

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Looks and sounds great there. How is that 'mumbling his way through?' That's his thing. That's the way the song is supposed to sound.

And those three dingbats behind him jumping around? Fortus, Ashba and Bumblefoot. Is that the kind of performing he's supposed to be doing? Why would he ever do that. He's Izzy Stradlin.

Honestly it never ceases to amaze me the way so many people here with thousand of posts don't seem to actually like (the real) GNR.

Just as the way you have no idea what it was.

Each eras are great imo.

17 minutes ago, int8 said:

Well, I think if Izzy was surrounded by Duff and Slash, not those weird people (sorry, I refuse to accept them:shrugs:), he would do much better job. Anyway, he definitely still has this cool vibe.

This has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

5 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I can't believe all this shit is actually happening! I'm trying to go away from the multiple threads full of people talking shit about Steven and then I have to read THIS? Izzy sucks live and the band is better off with Fortus AND Paul Tobias is a better songwriter than Slash? Someone please kill me now.

And you thought you are the only Boderline Crazy on here

• Like 1