GN'R should be a three guitar player group again - with Slash, Izzy and Richard

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe some like yourself want to believe that but, there's zero evidence that would be true. When was the last time Axl fired somebody?

Go ahead...no rush

Hmm. Well. Pitman? There is no reason to believe that he left on his own. Unless you absolutely want to. And just because some left on their own, doesn't mean that no one would have been let gone to have Slash and Duff back. Axl right now is making the business of his life and with no new music no the horizont, there was not all that much left for Nu-GNR to go. While they were still playing to respectable audiences in many places, they were playing to smaller audiences in others. Also there is no real evidence that suggests that Slash and Duff are Axl's bitches.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Hmm. Well. Pitman? There is no reason to believe that he left on his own. Unless you absolutely want to. And just because some left on their own, doesn't mean that no one would have been let gone to have Slash and Duff back. Axl right now is making the business of his life and with no new music no the horizont, there was not all that much left for Nu-GNR to go. While they were still playing to respectable audiences in many places, they were playing to smaller audiences in others. Also there is no real evidence that suggests that Slash and Duff are Axl's bitches.

Well, there's no reason to believe that he was fired. I presented evidence that he quit, and now you have nothing to prove otherwise. Thanks pat. Also, one can easily notice that I didn't put anything in the post that you chose to respond to about Slash and Duff being Axl's bitches, even though this is Axl's band and that appears to be fact. So, you're a big fan of my posts and you're still riled up over something I typed weeks ago then...? Well, thanks for that but, you're contributing nothing to the discussion so:lol::rofl-lol:

27 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well, there's no reason to believe that he was fired. I presented evidence that he quit, and now you have nothing to prove otherwise. Thanks pat. Also, one can easily notice that I didn't put anything in the post that you chose to respond to about Slash and Duff being Axl's bitches, even though this is Axl's band and that appears to be fact. So, you're a big fan of my posts and you're still riled up over something I typed weeks ago then...? Well, thanks for that but, you're contributing nothing to the discussion so:lol::rofl-lol:

There is every reason to believe he was fired. He posted crap on Twitter or whatever, realized his mistake, deleted it and apologized for it, but someone was not having it and he was never seen with GNR again. You presented no evidence for him quitting, just your wishful thinking. You claimed in this thread that this is Axl's band, I responded to that. You should keep up with what you're posting. As for your other posts, I have no idea who you are and what you ever posted about. Don't care either. So keep your condescending to yourself.

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

There is every reason to believe he was fired. He posted crap on Twitter or whatever, realized his mistake, deleted it and apologized for it, but someone was not having it and he was never seen with GNR again. You presented no evidence for him quitting, just your wishful thinking. You claimed in this thread that this is Axl's band, I responded to that. You should keep up with what you're posting. As for your other posts, I have no idea who you are and what you ever posted about. Don't care either. So keep your condescending to yourself.

No, I made my case for him quitting. You have some incredibly and probably unjustly hate for Chris Pitman and typing those words and just triggering you. You're condescending yourself, not me. For all we know, Pitman was out before he even typed that drunken rant. But I guess you have all the facts not me so...

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

You have some incredibly and probably unjustly hate for Chris Pitman and typing those words and just triggering you.

I would have to care about the guy to hate him. But I don't. He's a meaningless, useless douche. After the first show I did my best to ignore the clown on the right hand side on all the subsquent shows I saw and I was very successful with that. So no hate for anyone.

Izzy understands what a rhythm guitarist is. Fortus is always spanking his monkey whenever he gets the chance on stage, noodling the fuck out of any lead part that is thrown his way like a 14 year old that has just seen a pair of real boobs for the first time. His Nightrain solo is terrible and the complete opposite of the way the record version flows. 

Edited by SoundOfAGun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Izzy understands what a rhythm guitarist is. Fortus is always spanking his monkey whenever he gets the chance on stage, noodling the fuck out of any lead part that is thrown his way like a 14 year old that has just seen a pair of real boobs for the first time. His Nightrain solo is terrible and the complete opposite of the way the record version flows. 

The disses against 4tus are becoming more and more annoying. Even Slash thinks that he is a great guitarist and wanted to work with him long before the reunion turned into reality.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

The disses against 4tus are becoming more and more annoying. Even Slash thinks that he is a great guitarist and wanted to work with him long before the reunion turned into reality.

He might be a great guitarist but that doesn't mean he's the right fit for Guns N' Roses.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

He might be a great guitarist but that doesn't mean he's the right fit for Guns N' Roses.

That's your opinion. My opinion is a little bit different. I think that he does a perfect job as GN'Rs guitarist. But that doesn't mean that I wanna undermine Izzys role in the bands history. I just think that Fortus is doing great as well.

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

That's your opinion. My opinion is a little bit different. I think that he does a perfect job as GN'Rs guitarist. But that doesn't mean that I wanna undermine Izzys role in the bands history. I just think that Fortus is doing great as well.

He is a good guitarist, but I disagree about him doing a great job as a rhythm player and being the perfect fit, he needs to dial it back if he wants to be a good rhythm player and Izzy did a better job of being one. You shouldn't get annoyed when people don't share your opinion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Fortus is a great guitarist, but he is no GnR.  He might be doing his thing good, but he lacks the feeling, he can't replicate Izzy's groove and he definitely doesn't interplay with Slash the way Izzy did.

He is still better for GN'R than Gilby.

From a live standpoint any 3 guitarist configuration of GNR of the past 15 years has sounded pretty poor as a whole. All the guitars get muddled together into a wall of indistinguishable sound. With 2 guitars its looser and there are empty spaces left by the guitars, something which is important.

• Like 1

For me, GnR is a two guitar band, and always will be. 

I actually think Izzy's parts were too sporadic, and didn't fill in the sound enough live.  I actually preferred the way Gilby played them live, as he was a more traditional guitarist. 

But as for having Fortus, he's a good player, and he works with Slash, so it's fine with me.

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

He is still better for GN'R than Gilby.

Not even close... All the bootlegs from back in the day prove it.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, Sosso said:

wanted to work with him long before the reunion turned into reality.

Not fact.. More like folk lore

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

These two are all that's needed.

000c3251fb4eb5f5c3401e6c48bce83d.png

I wanna see Izzy and Tracii back together. THAT would be a reunion.

Edited by Sosso

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

It still just sounds like he is trying to save face from his embarrassing facebook outburst that is following him around.  Even reading that it doesn't make sense. The manger may have been complimenting his playing by saying "We'd like to steal you" but it doesn't sound like they were actually asking him to join.  Sounds more like they were joking around. Not saying it in a sarcastic way but as a compliment.  Last version of the story it was Slash who wanted him in the band. I doubt at this point in his career Slash's manager is picking people for his band anyway, especially the other guitarist. And the fact that Fortus was actually in NuGnR at the time makes less sense. I highly doubt Slash would be looking to NuGuns for band members. If anything it sounds like they were all just trying to make face. If there is any truth to it at all, the manager gave Fortus a compliment by saying that and "Fortus" let it go to his fat head. 

• Like 2