Going Down - What Do We Know & Thoughts

FFS.

I don't know what's the most cringeworthy: posters thinking they are oh so hardcore by dissing ChiDem and saying that "GNR hasn't existed since 1993, Axl's solo band with hired guns" or posters throwing "kiddos" at each other. Guys, you're speding your time on a fan forum dedicated to a rock band. Chill out and stop taking yourselves so seriously.

• Like 2

Just removed a bunch of derailing posts. If you want to discuss this song, do it in this thread. If you want to go over the same tired "this lineup is Guns N' Roses, that lineup is not" bullshit, please take it to the Civil War section.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Great song, it was reported by Billboard and other  media last year, before Not In this lifetime tour kickoff that Slash and Duff had been  in studio working on with new material and other material recorded  During the Chinese democracy era 

i csn see going down  being released very soon with slash and Duff stamp on it and Axl on lead  vocals 

this just  speculation 

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-working-on-unreleased-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-songs/

Edited by Timmyph80

It's a decent song to be fair. Again we are left wondering what could have been, it will never get an official release now.

Again It all goes back to Axl retaining the name, it would have been so much more productive if he had just started a new band with a new name. We would then be enjoying songs like this on an album, this wouldn't even have been a single.

• Like 1

Just remember everyone if going down is ever released it going to sound different to this demo version. 

I expect Slash and Duff will put there own stamp on this song and other  unreleased songs especially Slash Riffs Duff backing vocals

Velvet Revolver had tones of song written and recorded without a vocalist, don't be  surprise if they also be used as new Guns N' Roses songs with Axl Vocals on them 

Remember the Chinese democracy demo leaks 

and how different some song sounded on  Chinese democracy such as TWAT IRS  Catcher in the Rye etc 

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 9:05 AM, bucketfoot said:

It's a great tune, with a really cool vibe, could imagine it being re-recorded with Duff and Slash, Duff doing the lead vocals.

Please no, as much as I want that song to be played if they're changing vocalists it should be Axl singing or no one else, I always disliked Duff's vocals anywhere other than when they were backing someone else (Axl). Otherwise just leave Tommy there just like you left Bucket parts in CD even though Ron had been in the band for two years at that point.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

I really don't think this song is "great"...its ok in my opinion. axls vocals would sound better on about 98% of any music ever created so with him on it instead of tommy is a no brainer for the songs quality.

This is a good song if soul asylum released it but def doesnt sound like a a gnr song