Guns N' Roses & The Who in Chile, Argentina and Brasil

6 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

The Who, THE FUCKING WHO, need to attach themselves to GN'R? Dear Me. :facepalm:

Are they selling out stadiums? Enlighten us, please. 

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

What the fuck? Why does everything have to devolve into a fucking shit show?

Dysfunctional band, dysfunctional forum. Isn't that how it works? :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

The Who, THE FUCKING WHO, need to attach themselves to GN'R? Dear Me. :facepalm:

It says in the original post that The Who are not as popular as other British bands of their era in South America, especially Chile.

They wanted to play to big crowds, so were forced to think big. As in, join up with GnR - who could do those shows by themselves if they wanted to.

Add to it that they can't even sell out arenas in their own country and I think it's obvious why they need to tour with GnR. :shrugs:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

GnR are obviously thrilled to co-headline a few shows with The Who. Who wouldn't love that? They're one of the top 10 best band of all time and they influenced pretty much everybody (The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, AC/DC...).

GnR is one of the most successful nostalgia act around, so it makes perfect sense to me. The Who are making their South America debut, not that it's really important, GnR are gonna make some extra bucks, and Roger Daltrey will stop making fun of Axl.

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It says in the original post that The Who are not as popular as other British bands of their era in South America, especially Chile.

They wanted to play to big crowds, so were forced to think big. As in, join up with GnR - who could do those shows by themselves if they wanted to.

Add to it that they can't even sell out arenas in their own country and I think it's obvious why they need to tour with GnR. :shrugs:

Well, it's true... I don't think they are popular here as to play a River Plate. If they'd came by themselves they would be playing a theater, probably.

They may be legends but I don't know them, so fuck it :bitchfight:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Well, GN'R (unfortunately) have a tendency to do covers, that doesn't mean anything...

They even covered Charles Manson, so what?

I know it's OT but I prefer the original version of Look at your Game, Girl.

13 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Can't remember The Who covering any GN'R songs. Enlighten Me?

That has nothing to do with anything. The article and some people here are claiming The Who don't sell that many tickets nowadays. I'm not a fan of them so I couldn't tell whether that's true or not (I totally trust @MillionsOfSpiders, though) but if that's true then yes, they need a band like GNR to play big stadiums. How much you like them makes no difference and no one is bashing The Who by claiming they need GNR to play stadiums, it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

GnR are obviously thrilled to co-headline a few shows with The Who. Who wouldn't love that? They're one of the top 10 best band of all time and they influenced pretty much everybody (The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, AC/DC...).

They probably are indeed. Slash has even posted a few Who pictures on instagram lately.

As for Rose serving as lead singer of AC/DC, don't expect Daltrey to be in the audience for any of the band's 20 rescheduled Rock or Bust shows.

"I mean, go and see karaoke with Axl Rose? Give me a break," the Who singer said.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-daltrey-calls-ac-dc-with-axl-rose-karaoke-20160422

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Who are legends. 

I cannot fathom people bitching about seeing GnR n The Who on one stage. Legends both.

The Seeker is a great song, GnR plays it fuckin great, and it obviously means something to Axl.

Either I'm too old, or a lotta motherfuckers are too young to understand.

This! The Who fucking rock, I would kill to see both bands on the same night.  This is one case where the bitching is just too silly for me to understand lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

The Who are the best live band of all time, they blow any other band offstage, bar none.

*Were*....not are is what I hope you mean, because they aren't close to being as good as they were at one point and I can name five bands off the top of my head better than them right now live.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

*Were*....not are is what I hope you mean, because they aren't close to being as good as they were at one point and I can name five bands off the top of my head better than them right now live.  

They will blow GN'R offstage.