Guns N' Roses & The Who in Chile, Argentina and Brasil

I don't give a fuck about Who... There I said it... The only reason I know their songs are cause of GNR.

If they are supporting band then OK, if this is co-headlining, then it sucks...

Guns wouldn't have any problem selling out another SA leg anyways...

A lot of Seeker hate on here.  It doesn't suck and I actually like it (it's something "new" this tour) vs the AC/DC covers which I got bored with.  With that said- after being apart for 25 years I wish we could hear 25 GnR songs...no covers, no solo's, no instrumentals, just 3 hours of kicking ass. 

7 minutes ago, Original said:

A lot of Seeker hate on here.  It doesn't suck and I actually like it (it's something "new" this tour) vs the AC/DC covers which I got bored with.  With that said- after being apart for 25 years I wish we could hear 25 GnR songs...no covers, no solo's, no instrumentals, just 3 hours of kicking ass. 

I like Guns version of the Seeker too... Seeker > the CD songs 

• Like 4

The thing is that The Who only want to play in a really big venue but the producers know that they wouldnt be able to fill a stadium by themselves so thats why they figured out they need GnR.

I'm kinda scared that they do it in SA and they do a fucking world tour all over again and then they find another excuse/reason/money to do another world tour and on and on, and then we never have a new album, fuck, Black Sabbath released one before their reunion tour, I understand that they are drowning in money with all this reunion tour (it IS a reunion tour, atleast for GnR, or they wouldnt have called it "Not in This Lifetime!"), but they are making GnR a nostalgia 80s show act (which now it is), unlike Metallica which are constantly acting like a real band, they fuck up a ton but atleast they release new music (which they recognize that it doesnt generate money like touring). Chinese Democracy is a 2008 album and every now and then in this forum people talk about it like its fucking new and its going to be 10 years old now.

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

The think is that The Who only want to play in a really big venue but the producers know that they wouldnt be able to fill a stadium by themselves so thats why they figured out they need GnR.

You seem to be on top of this...ami right in understanding The Who have never played in South America before?  Or did I read that wrong?

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You seem to be on top of this...ami right in understanding The Who have never played in South America before?  Or did I read that wrong?

Seems like they haven't.

This is a rumor but I find it crazy that all of Chilean news talk about it, they make it seem that the announcement is almost ready to go public, maybe its all BS because I find it strange too, I mean, getting GnR too help fill the stadium (Which they would do alone, they sold out in October here last year) is way more expensive than getting Bon Jovi I think...

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I don't give a fuck about Who... There I said it... The only reason I know their songs are cause of GNR.

If they are supporting band then OK, if this is co-headlining, then it sucks...

Guns wouldn't have any problem selling out another SA leg anyways...

Totally agree with you...

I don't see any reason for Guns to have a coheadlined tour...Guns n Roses can't have a problems to sellliong out stadiums around the globe,and South America too...

Guns n Roses can do one thing,which is better than to do co headlin tour...They can drop ticket prices and qill sellout every stadium more than one time...

Also.as a fan I want to see NITL tour in first 5 tours ever to.the end.of year...And they can do it with solo dates

• Like 1

I saw The Who back in 2013 when they played Quarophenia in full and it was a blast.  Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey are legends and still know how to entertain a crowd.  The Who are fucking huge, a largely influential band, if I was offered the ability to co-headline some dates with the very musicians that inspired me to pick up a guitar in the first place I would do it in a heartbeat

It would be hard to beat hearing Pinball Wizard, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Reily, etc. the same night as Jungle, PC, Nightrain, etc. :)

• Like 3

I saw the who in Portugal in 2007, the same venue gnr played  in 2010.

The who drew around 3.000 people to a 20.000 seat arena. it was super sad. the stage was almost at the front of the arena.

Guns played there in 2010 to 18000 people.

Then i though people in Portugal just don't care much about rock music because the who were actually with Pino Palladino on Bass (one of the best bassists in the world! From john mayer to NIN) and Ringo Stars son on Drums! Later that year i went to Argentina and the who played the same tour there as well, and argentina really loves rock n roll. i remember discussing with a cab driver that i loved their show in europe but not that many people bought a ticket. Weird thing is, the same happened in BSAS according to him, the band played a huge open air field that just didn't have that many people there.

The who are extremely popular and have the best catalog ever, but they just don't draw big numbers. Gnr really doesnt need anyone to sell out stadiums so, i guess they really like the who...

I couldn't care less, their show was alright, but i wouldn't be to happy if i had to sit for a full the who show before guns. Id only be happy if guns played their full show before that so that id get to go home earlier.

Still, i think gnr should just get a brand new rock band to tour with them, someone that actually kicks ass and sounds like they used to... and that band is from Finland and is called Santa Cruz. if you guys don't know them, check them out. they are mind blowing.

http://santacruzbandofficial.com

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 1

So the who will play before gnr.  How enormesly huge is our band ha

GNR is back, and its here to stay...  Somehow i feel theyre having something new for us around august/september

Again theyre brothers with the world on their haaands,  they still have so much more to sayyy   ;-}>

It's widely acknowledged that The Rolling Stones' Rock n' Roll Circus concert film went unreleased for nearly 30 years because The Who, supporting them on the bill along with others, upstaged them and the Stones knew it... they played 1 song. At Live 8 they stole the show ahead of a reformed Pink Floyd. They are one of a handful of seminal bands (Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Cream, Led Zep). As a live band they are untouchable, even now without Moon and Entwistle, nobody else even comes close. I don't know how many tickets they're selling and I don't really care, they deserve respect.

• Like 2