Detroit 2002

That line-up will always be my favourite... Richards slide guitar on Rocket Queen, Bucketheads epic guitar solos on Nightrain, Brains groove on Rocket Queen .... I don't wanna say anything negative about Slash and Duff since they are rock legends but this one was better than the NITL line up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Oh and the 1:22:45 mark is one of the only times I've heard Axl hit the high version of the "only memories" line in The Blues.

I think he hit it at the 2012 Detroit show. I remember being impressed with that note cause he usually doesnt go for it

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

My first GN'R show.

*single tear*

I thought they had sound or performance problems most of the night and again when they played there in 2006 actually.

I felt lucky I got to see Riad and the Bedouins throughout the years though. 

I didn't know you were there. Cool man!

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think he hit it at the 2012 Detroit show. I remember being impressed with that note cause he usually doesnt go for it

NO HE DID NOT! :P

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

People talk about this show a lot and someone finally put the whole thing up on YouTube:

If you hit the 1:32:40 mark, you can see/hear the version of Patience that everyone always talks about. Still no idea what Axl was so mad about, but he just ended the show over it.

Other cool things about the show was that they did Riad and Think About You. I'm not a huge fan of the latter but I know many fans love it. The version of Riad they did that night was a mess, but at least they did it. 

That Patience was great! Axl just looked depressed though 

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

is that a 5x Ben Wallace jersey hes wearing? :lol: 

that shit would be baggy on Ben himself!

It is! He did the first half of the show in a 5x Brett Hull jersey and the second half in that Ben Wallace jersey.

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

That Patience was great! Axl just looked depressed though 

It was so weird to be at the show. Axl didn't talk much but seemed to be doing fine. He was putting his all into the show and then Patience happened and he was just all pissed over something.

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Awesome, I just love how Axl used to change a few melodies, like on Sweet Child, November Rain or Patience.

I liked a lot of things about that show. Axl changing things here and there was one of them. The vibe in The Palace was very strange during the whole show, but I'm still glad I went for a variety of reasons.

I gotta say i enjoyed the whole band a lot more in 2006, specially cuz robin looked so damn cool and sounded amazing on that tour. But 2002 holds back good memories and even though it looks different from what were used to... its such a joy to listen to buckethead play.. and brain was sounding amazing! that rocket queen is off the hood. Richard fit right in from day one.  Axls high register was something else at that age as well

On 3/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, RussTCB said:

Oh and the 1:22:45 mark is one of the only times I've heard Axl hit the high version of the "only memories" line in The Blues.

He also hits it in the 2001 House of Blues show.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 9:31 AM, RussTCB said:

I liked a lot of things about that show. Axl changing things here and there was one of them. The vibe in The Palace was very strange during the whole show, but I'm still glad I went for a variety of reasons.

I'd be really stoked to hear more of your impressions of that show or a detailed review. What made it strange?