Holy shit Izzy loves us

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Disagree. This forum is the most level headed and "real" forum out there. It isnt totally crazy "Axl indoctrination" and it isnt crazy "fuck GNR" either. Its just a bunch of different views speaking their mind.

I was here for the Axl chats. It wasnt even bad aside from a few posters. Besides, it was Axl who started shit. His opening remark was calling a user out. After that, it was a pretty cool chat and he seemed to like it here. He was, however, even worse against Madison a few years later. He appeared, insulted her, and left without a word.

The only time things got actually bad, was one incident where Ron came here. A FEW posters, none of which post here anymore, took it upon themselves to be completely disrespectful and troll the board.

Again u guys didnt quite understand what i ment. Maybe is my english

I even prefer for them to show up here.  I know how relevant this forum is ( specially since that dexter thing. Wich i whitnesed as a non user ).  But.. Maybe im wrong ( like i said, perhaps this is all some trolling strategy cause he'll be there.. After all, since that "not in this lifetime " thing , anything can happen")

But it also looks like it might be the other thing i said ( to sume up.. Using the forum to try change something or negociate something or whatever ).  That would be lame and deeply desperate.

I love Izzy, and if he played with GNR again I would be thrilled.  But for me personally I am not going to get on a soapbox and talk about "what is the right thing to do" because I wasn't there for negotiations, I was not there to hear the disagreements that were had.

All I know is I love the current lineup and I love Izzy and it sucks that both couldn't see eye to eye. But beyond that I am not gonna lay any blame on anyone - at this point in time - because IMO that is kinda just stupid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Again u guys didnt quite understand what i ment. Maybe is my english

I even prefer for them to show up here.  I know how relevant this forum is ( specially since that dexter thing. Wich i whitnesed as a non user ).  But.. Maybe im wrong ( like i said, perhaps this is all some trolling strategy cause he'll be there.. After all, since that "not in this lifetime " thing , anything can happen")

But it also looks like it might be the other thing i said ( to sume up.. Using the forum to try change something or negociate something or whatever ).  That would be lame and deeply desperate.

Yeah, but I highly doubt thats what he's doing, and if he is we'd likely never know for certain. But the man can barely use a computer. I'm sure someone just alerted him that people here really miss that he's not here and he's thanking them. I don't get what people get from thinking "deeper" than that about it. I don't think it means he'll show up here and I doubt it has any effect on his future touring with Guns.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Słash said:

Izzy if you are reading this

We would love to hear your side and would love to talk to you. 

This site can be a great way to connect to your fans and promote your new music too. 

Just whatever you do, Izzy, don't PM ^ this guy. ;)

• Like 3

Have you guys already thought about the possibility that Izzy just doesn't want to be part of this? After he left the band he did not get entangled with big tours, big festivals, he did not try to put together a "big band"(besides that VR episode)... That is, this does not seem to be his thing, just that. That it's not his thing to travel around the world, playing in stadiums and dealing with everything that a big tour demands.. And this money thing is just a pretext for not getting involved...We constantly try to find explanations or guilts to crucify... But if Izzy just don´t want to? 

I've accepted the current line up and I've enjoyed following the band again and if this is how it's going to be then that's fine. But the thing is it doesn't " feel" like GNR like it would even with Steven or Izzy never mind both. 

The frustrating thing about the whole reunion is that if Izzy and Steven were in the band there would be more money in it for the band. While it might not be a great deal more the big 3 could've spread the percentage a bit more between them and still end up with just as much money because of extra sales and demand. 

Just now, Gold top 78 said:

I've accepted the current line up and I've enjoyed following the band again and if this is how it's going to be then that's fine. But the thing is it doesn't " feel" like GNR like it would even with Steven or Izzy never mind both. 

The frustrating thing about the whole reunion is that if Izzy and Steven were in the band there would be more money in it for the band. While it might not be a great deal more the big 3 could've spread the percentage a bit more between them and still end up with just as much money because of extra sales and demand. 

The reality is, is that there wouldn't be any more or less money. That's the problem unfortunately.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Derick said:

Have you guys already thought about the possibility that Izzy just doesn't want to be part of this? After he left the band he did not get entangled with big tours, big festivals, he did not try to put together a "big band"(besides that VR episode)... That is, this does not seem to be his thing, just that. That it's not his thing to travel around the world, playing in stadiums and dealing with everything that a big tour demands.. And this money thing is just a pretext for not getting involved...We constantly try to find explanations or guilts to crucify... But if Izzy just don´t want to? 

I don't. And listen, I could be wrong. But Steven has said Izzy would do it and while Steven is usually a loose unreliable cannon, I believe that and Izzy hasn't refuted it. AND, to me more importantly, none of the big 3 have mentioned Izzy to my knowledge. They don't say "he doesn't want to take part in it". They just keep quiet on it. I think even Izzy himself has implied he'd very much be open to it. Yes, in the past he's had his issues with this stuff, but I refuse to believe he shut this down completely and THAT'S why he's not involved. Again, I could be wrong, and I'd love any evidence that points to that. But at this moment, no I don't think its simply Izzy doesn't want to be part of this. Nothing really suggests that.

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

I do see the possibility cause he could have done many things like doing solo shows around the world and all

But on the other hand he did seem interested in a GN'R reunion, I guess he did wanted to play with his buddies one last time, he wanted to end what all of them had started. 

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I don't. And listen, I could be wrong. But Steven has said Izzy would do it and while Steven is usually a loose unreliable cannon, I believe that and Izzy hasn't refuted it. AND, to me more importantly, none of the big 3 have mentioned Izzy to my knowledge. They don't say "he doesn't want to take part in it". They just keep quiet on it. I think even Izzy himself has implied he'd very much be open to it. Yes, in the past he's had his issues with this stuff, but I refuse to believe he shut this down completely and THAT'S why he's not involved. Again, I could be wrong, and I'd love any evidence that points to that. But at this moment, no I don't think its simply Izzy doesn't want to be part of this. Nothing really suggests that.

They were asked about Izzy during the Duff/Axl interview and just gave kind of a "Izzy's Izzy" kind of answer. I don't know what Izzy's thinking but even if I hated touring and the spotlight, I'd suck it up and do it for two years to bank the money they're banking. 

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

they did mention him...they pretty much said hes fickle and thats why hes not apart of the reunion

Izzy refuted that and said they didn't want to split the loot equally. they never responded to this claim from what i know, likely cause its the truth.

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

He was in before slash and duff were

It was first Axl and Duff, then Slash and then Izzy/Steven at approx. the same time. 

Im sure Duff would have made the call to Izzy cause he made it to Steven too.