Holy shit Izzy loves us

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

He could have become the Malcolm Young of GN'R but he left the band and they moved on without him. Deal with it.

Move on? :lol: They fuckin' broke up a couple of years later! Izzy in fact came back briefly. He wrote some stuff with them but it was too late. At that time it was impossible for Axl and Slash to work together

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

I'm out of likes. Right on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it comes down to deciding WHO is in a GUNS N ROSES REUNION, key wrd being "Reunion", it should have been simple considering they're all getting paid incredibly well regardless. Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy are standard. No arguments there. Second keyboard player? Whatever, whether it's Neil, Reese, or even Zig Zag that person is hardly noticeable or crucial either way. We can all live with it.

It all came down to rhythm and Drums. The ball should have been in Izzy's court first, and Richard's involvement or lacktherof, whatever role he would have or not have, should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do first. Steven should have been dealt in just to play his material, especially since he doesn't care about money, then just have Frank play the rest. Frank's the insurance policy incase Adler falls off the wagon.

You're right, it's not Rocket Science. or Roxket whatever :P 

AND there is still room for Frank and Richard to participate! It doesn't even have to be one or the other. The Stones have tons of backing musicians, The Who do, Pink Floyd did, etc. With massive tours like this, it is completely normal. They aren't a "REAL RAW ROCKNFUCKINROLL BAND" anymore (although that'd have been great). Those days are long in the past. This is a massive stadium extravaganza. It would have been fine, you'd have the core 5 center stage and guys like Frank and Fortus would be there to help out on Chinese and some UYI (or lolnewmusic). They could just hang back and still play on the Appetite stuff, too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although to be fair, Izzy was the reason why so many of the songs we know and love even exist in the first place!  I can easily see why people would want him included in GNR in any capacity.  

I would kill to see Izzy up there doin' his low key badass rocking with those guys again, its a chemistry that works very well and I assume that it still would rock. I am totally satisfied with the current lineup however so for me I got nothin' but love for the big 3 and for Izzy

Yeah, I would love to see him too at some point. He even played with post-2000 GN'R  so why not with the NITL line up.

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

AND there is still room for Frank and Richard to participate! It doesn't even have to be one or the other. The Stones have tons of backing musicians, The Who do, Pink Floyd did, etc. With massive tours like this, it is completely normal. They aren't a "REAL RAW ROCKNFUCKINROLL BAND" anymore (although that'd have been great). Those days are long in the past. This is a massive stadium extravaganza. It would have been fine, you'd have the core 5 center stage and guys like Frank and Fortus would be there to help out on Chinese and some UYI (or lolnewmusic). They could just hang back and still play on the Appetite stuff, too.

I agree. Wasn't this basically the topic in the "GNR could be a 3 guitar band again" topic? lol I mean I said it then.. Anything to get Izzy back. Make it a 3 guitar band idc, but either way Izzy should be there. And all we can get from Axl and Duff is a vague "Well, Izzy does what izzy does. Whatever that is..." ugh:facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, Sosso said:

Izzy's songs, Axl's songs, Slash's songs... songs. What's your point here?

They didn't really move on well without him. There was the rest of the UYI Tour, then you had TSI?, and Sympathy for the Devil before they broke up. So... big deal?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Yeah, I would love to see him too at some point. He even played with post-2000 GN'R  so why not with the NITL line up.

And I think that having Izzy there doing 14 Years with Slash on the solo would be sooo fuckin' cool!  I would pay good money to see that

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

The dude thanked the forum and you are here still complaining 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well Dj Ashba played Slash's solos, just because that happened doesn't make it right, does it? Based on what my ears told me uhhh :lol:

I was just saying that they are playing more than just his songs. I just delivered some facts.

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

And I think that having Izzy there doing 14 Years with Slash on the solo would be sooo fuckin' cool!  I would pay good money to see that

Dust N' Bones would be even better! My favourite song with him on lead vocals.

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I was just saying that they are playing more than just his songs. I just delivered some facts.

Dust N' Bones would be even better! My favourite song with him on lead vocals.

Well I know but they're playing his songs, and it's a reunion tour. He's alive, playing well himself, he should be playing his songs as well as the material he helped create. Which is Appetite, Lies and the Illusion records. AKA, the whole reason people like Guns N Roses in the first place. Even people who started liking the band in 2002 or a 2006 and saw a later lineup, didn't like the band solely for the "masterpiece" known as Chinese Democracy and it's "core" members :lol:

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well I know but they're playing his songs, and it's a reunion tour. He's alive, playing well himself, he should be playing his songs as well as the material he helped create. Which is Appetite, Lies and the Illusion records. AKA, the whole reason people like Guns N Roses in the first place. Even people who started liking the band in 2002 or a 2006 and saw a later lineup, didn't like the band solely for the "masterpiece" known as Chinese Democracy and it's "core" members :lol:

I'm a fan since I saw the Rock am Ring show. I bought AfD and UYI a few days after that gig. People have different stories how they discovered GN'R

Edited by Sosso

39 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

This is my argument for those who claim "well, Izzy quit on them and he gave up his rghts" blah blah blah... and the funnier, "well, if I ran a business with two other people and some guy comes back after 20 years and demands the same money" blah blah... Like, just because Axl, Slash and Duff all have their names involved legally doesn't show that they functioned normally over a 20 year period, especially since Axl didn't speak to Duff for most of it and Slash for 20 years. Izzy should have gotten his cut of the loot...

Maybe he was offered a decent amount per show. The Izzy expert said that perhaps the issue was an equal distribution of the merchandise revenue. Someone here stated that Axl receives a bigger cut than Slash and that Slash gets a bigger cut than Duff. If that is true then there was never an equal distribution of money to begin with for this tour, which makes Izzy's "equal loot" comment pointless if Slash and Duff aren't getting equal revenue either. Did Izzy say "if we can't split it four ways equally then fuck it" ? 

8 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I agree that for longtime and diehard fans Izzy's exclusion is a serious bummer, but without the details we will never know if Izzy was given a fair offer. Splitting the profits equally four ways doesn't make sense at all. It does appear an offer was made to Izzy which shows that the band at least wanted him on this tour. Axl stated arrangements were made and izzy flaked or something, which historically has the been the case with Izzy.

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm a fan since I saw the Rock am Ring show. I bought AfD and UYI a few days after that gig. People have different stories how they discovered GN'R

So, you bought material that Izzy helped create? Ok well.... You proved my point. Nowhere did I argue the timing of becoming a GNR fan because that's irrelevant, we all became fans at different times not "oh you're not a true GNR fan because you didn't buy Appetite the day WTTJ hit radio". The point was, liking the material the guy created. So once again, You purchased material that at the very least had a core of Axl, Slash Izzy and Duff creating it. At the very least, you can't have a true reunion without those 4 first.

Edited by Billsfan

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe he was offered a decent amount per show. The Izzy expert said that perhaps the issue was an equal distribution of the merchandise revenue. Someone here stated that Axl receives a bigger cut than Slash and that Slash gets a bigger cut than Duff. If that is true then there was never an equal distribution of money to begin with for this tour, which makes Izzy's "equal loot" comment pointless if Slash and Duff aren't getting equal revenue either. Did Izzy say "if we can't split it four ways equally then fuck it" ? 

But isn't this the main of this whole tour? to make money.

When that is their main aim to make millions by playing music which they created 30 years ago, so why not involve the people who were a part of it 30 years ago? 

I really don't get why this is so complicated, I guess Greed takes over friendships in this case.

It would have been a simple thing AFD 5 with Dizzy for the whole tour. Matt and Gilby doing guest appearances

Go in the studio, make some music and tour again. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They didn't really move on well without him. There was the rest of the UYI Tour, then you had TSI?, and Sympathy for the Devil before they broke up. So... big deal?

Yeah that. Some of the comments really are comical.

• Like 2