Holy shit Izzy loves us

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree that for longtime and diehard fans Izzy's exclusion is a serious bummer, but without the details we will never know if Izzy was given a fair offer. Splitting the profits equally four ways doesn't make sense at all. It does appear an offer was made to Izzy which shows that the band at least wanted him on this tour. Axl stated arrangements were made and izzy flaked or something, which historically has the been the case with Izzy.

Yeah that I understand but, it doesn't look like the significant offer he got was the same as the "cut of the loot" that Izzy was talking about. The most accurate with facts around here has been @Eddie Money and he even said that his sources told him that Izzy was never in consideration as anything more than a guest. Marc Canter also told me on this very forum that Izzy told him years ago that he very much wanted to be a part of the reunion. I mean, I'm sure even Izzy understands that getting an equal share as the full timers to just come and go isn't realistic..

If Izzy just wanted to do guest spots and get paid well for that, it's pretty obvious that it would have happened by now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Słash said:

But isn't this the main of this whole tour? to make money.

When that is their main aim to make millions by playing music which they created 30 years ago, so why not involve the people who were a part of it 30 years ago? 

I really don't get why this is so complicated, I guess Greed takes over friendships in this case.

It would have been a simple thing AFD 5 with Dizzy for the whole tour. Matt and Gilby doing guest appearances

Go in the studio, make some music and tour again. 

Steven is too  much baggage to permentely  be a part of this tour. and if Izzy wanted it split four ways then that is a silly demand. If Slash isn't getting an equal amount then why would Izzy.

9 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe he was offered a decent amount per show. The Izzy expert said that perhaps the issue was an equal distribution of the merchandise revenue. Someone here stated that Axl receives a bigger cut than Slash and that Slash gets a bigger cut than Duff. If that is true then there was never an equal distribution of money to begin with for this tour, which makes Izzy's "equal loot" comment pointless if Slash and Duff aren't getting equal revenue either. Did Izzy say "if we can't split it four ways equally then fuck it" ? 

Someone else posted some facts from the '93 agreement and supposedly Axl gets 36 %, Slash 33 % and Duff 30 %. Don't know what about the remaing last 1 %.

10 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree that for longtime and diehard fans Izzy's exclusion is a serious bummer, but without the details we will never know if Izzy was given a fair offer. Splitting the profits equally four ways doesn't make sense at all. It does appear an offer was made to Izzy which shows that the band at least wanted him on this tour. Axl stated arrangements were made and izzy flaked or something, which historically has the been the case with Izzy.

This is very true.  Which to me extends to: what are the actual amounts in discussion here and what was Izzy specifically in talks for - like how many guest spots, how many songs, etc.  I can easily see this situation being as simple as Izzy feeling like he isn't getting enough compensation for what he is doing and the GNR camp thinking he is asking for too much for too little.  I am going without judgement on either side of the argument because without the specific details like the amount of money and the amount of traveling/performing Izzy would actually be doing I would find it hard to blame one side or the other for being unreasonable

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah that I understand but, it doesn't look like the significant offer he got was the same as the "cut of the loot" that Izzy was talking about. The most accurate with facts around here has been @Eddie Money and he even said that his sources told him that Izzy was never in consideration as anything more than a guest. Marc Canter also told me on this very forum that Izzy told him years ago that he very much wanted to be a part of the reunion. I mean, I'm sure even Izzy understands that getting an equal share as the full timers to just come and go isn't realistic..

If Izzy just wanted to do guest spots and get paid well for that, it's pretty obvious that it would have happened by now.

It sucks if Izzy was never offered full time status in this reunion for many reasons. But, Axl did state years ago, that if theoretically a reunion took place it would only be Axl, Slash, and Duff. I can only assume that the band felt Izzy's heart would not be fully into it or they didn't want him to have any veto power regarding any particulars of the tour, which Im assuming Duff and Slash possess. Or maybe Izzy's original departure still bothers the guys.

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

It sucks if Izzy was never offered full time status in this reunion for many reasons. But, Axl did state years ago, that if theoretically a reunion took place it would only be Axl, Slash, and Duff. I can only assume that the band felt Izzy's heart would not be fully into it or they didn't want him to have any veto power regarding any particulars of the tour, which Im assuming Duff and Slash possess. Or maybe Izzy's original departure still bothers the guys.

Maybe, and I do recall that interview. But even then, how serious was Axl really about a reunion? He still wasn't speaking to Slash. Idk, I think they could have at least talked to Izzy first and given him the chance. So... the one thing I may agree on is his departure. There's something about Izzy's commitment or lack of commitment that just really seems to bother Axl, even though he tries to be passive aggressive about it.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Wanting to be a part of a "reunion" could mean different things. Signing up for 2 or more years of touring might be more than he wanted to do.

3 hours ago, Derick said:

Have you guys already thought about the possibility that Izzy just doesn't want to be part of this? After he left the band he did not get entangled with big tours, big festivals, he did not try to put together a "big band"(besides that VR episode)... That is, this does not seem to be his thing, just that. That it's not his thing to travel around the world, playing in stadiums and dealing with everything that a big tour demands.. And this money thing is just a pretext for not getting involved...We constantly try to find explanations or guilts to crucify... But if Izzy just don´t want to? 

No, because various people have said that Izzy wants to do this. Guys like Marc Canter have said this for years and Steven has said so recently as well as in the past. The problem is that we've heard a couple different things. Izzy says the big 3 didnt "wanna split the loot". Insiders like Eddie Money have said that Izzy was offered only guest spots for a salary like Steven. 

as far as him not touring at all in 20+ years, to its as simple as this: Jimmy Ashhurst who was in the JUJU Hounds said that during that time period Izzy was bummed about the fact that tour wasnt as successful in the US as it was in Japan and Asia. And that all everyone wanted to know about was why he left GNR and that they wanted him to play GNR songs. He also had to front the bill for that tour(a couple million or so) and thats a bummer. who wants to do some shit to lose $$ and not be appreciated. It makes alot of sense why he does albums like he does. He just puts them out. No middle men, no headache and bullshit. Same with Steven, which is why he said on the Adam Corolla show that he is retired, because he'd rather play with an established band than have to start over again from scratch.

• Like 3

I had huge understanding with Sorum and Gilby being in the band during the UYI days, actually, I did accept them as equal parts.

Then, 20 years later, after 15 guitars players, 10 drummers, 5 key board players went through the band only to have hybrid line up now with a techno chick - I don't have any respect anymore.

To me, everyone who does play an instrument might get a chance to play under Guns N Roses banner sooner or later, it is a revolving door no matter how good anyone is.

This should had been Ax, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Iz/Gilby and Matt PERIOD. Everything else is a crap shot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I had huge understanding with Sorum and Gilby being in the band during the UYI days, actually, I did accept them as equal parts.

Then, 20 years later, after 15 guitars players, 10 drummers, 5 key board players went through the band only to have hybrid line up now with a techno chick - I don't have any respect anymore.

To me, everyone who does play an instrument might get a chance to play under Guns N Roses banner sooner or later, it is a revolving door no matter how good anyone is.

This should had been Ax, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Iz/Gilby and Matt PERIOD. Everything else is a crap shot.

This situation is just horrible. The worst part is, unless Frank and Fortus leave by themselves, Axl will probably hang onto them for a bunch more years. And then if he does change his mind, everyone is in their 60s already and it's not gonna be as good as it is now. I hope both Fortus and Frank leave by themselves after this tour wraps for the sake of the fans. They know people will go to shows regardless if they are there instead of Steve/Izzy/UYI, but even DJ Ashba had the decency and brain to figure out what's best for the band (and the fans).

I also find it hard to believe Slash and Duff would want to continue this thing on while in bad standing with Izzy who they both still regularly talked to and hung out with as late as 2015. But Axl? Who even knows..he for sure will want to keep playing his CD songs and that's probably his main reason for hanging onto Richard/Frank and even filling the open Pittman position again. If the gang was together in a room again he would probably get laughed at by the guys for suggesting to play any songs off that album and he knows.

3 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

One year later: hey lets call up Izzy to play with us again. Axl was the real DTJ back when he suggested that in 93

1 minute ago, DeadSlash said:

Am I the only person that cannot even fathom the concept of Izzy trolling forums, let alone surfing the net?

Why not? He's no different than us. Just happens to be more talented. :shrugs:

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

Why not? He's no different than us. Just happens to be more talented. :shrugs:

Different era.  Also, when is he not writing music?  Izzy is also a very "Leave me alone" type.  I don't see him surfing the net, but I cannot picture him trolling forums.  He reads email on his phone, sometimes.  Like once a month.  That's how I picture Izzy.  If you need to contact him, you call him.

Like this... this is his attitude that I picture..

Image result for mitch hedberg cell phone

Just now, DeadSlash said:

Different era.  Also, when is he not writing music?  Izzy is also a very "Leave me alone" type.  I don't see him surfing the net, but I cannot picture him trolling forums.  He reads email on his phone, sometimes.  Like once a month.  That's how I picture Izzy.  If you need to contact him, you call him.

Like this... this is his attitude that I picture..

Image result for mitch hedberg cell phone

Gotta love Mitch. That guy was gone way too soon.

I guess I can see where you're coming from. But judging by all the Youtube videos he used to post I think he might be more up to speed on the internet than we think.

14 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Gotta love Mitch. That guy was gone way too soon.

I guess I can see where you're coming from. But judging by all the Youtube videos he used to post I think he might be more up to speed on the internet than we think.

Yeah. Also there's that interview of someone I cannot recall right now (Taz maybe?) that says that Izzy is a big fan of the internet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe he was offered a decent amount per show. The Izzy expert said that perhaps the issue was an equal distribution of the merchandise revenue. Someone here stated that Axl receives a bigger cut than Slash and that Slash gets a bigger cut than Duff. If that is true then there was never an equal distribution of money to begin with for this tour, which makes Izzy's "equal loot" comment pointless if Slash and Duff aren't getting equal revenue either. Did Izzy say "if we can't split it four ways equally then fuck it" ? 

Axl is getting a bigger cut on merchandising cos he's paying the hired guys. Pretty sure that's the conclusion we drew from the rumors going around. 

Now the question is is Adler correct in saying Izzy would only do it if it's the original 5 or would Izzy be okay sharing the stage and loot with the hired guys?

I think the most popular scenario for most of the fanbase who love multiple eras of the band not just AFD would be the Original

5 + Dizzy, Richard & Sorum or Frank. If they aren't splitting the loot for a multitude of reasons then Izzy should get equal or something close to duff's share of the loot. Adler will do it for a sack of peanuts or what the hired guys are getting.