Holy shit Izzy loves us

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He has to be, considering that was his prefered way of releasing all his albums way before it was the mainstream thing to do.

Exactly and he's been using the web to stay in touch with his fans for more than a decade. Just as long as Slash, Axl & duff.

It was Slash who didn't come around to posting on social media or whatever until recent years thanks to smart phones. He would have other people relay his message for him. Going all way back to the late 90s via Linda's www.snakepit.org. I know a lot of people who wish he never learned based on the useless content he posts lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Exactly and he's been using the web to stay in touch with his fans for more than a decade. Just as long as Slash, Axl & duff.

It was Slash who didn't come around to posting on social media or whatever until recent years thanks to smart phones. He would have other people relay his message for him. Going all way back to the late 90s via Linda's www.snakepit.org. I know a lot of people who wish he never learned based on the useless content he posts lol

I sure wish Slash would post more stuff relevant to what he does instead of all the scary stuff lol.

But to get back on topic: I think someone (@Gibbo?) was told back in March 2016 that this quote came directly from Duffs mouth: "Izzy thinks he's gonna get his fucken 25% back, that's never gonna fucken happen". If that's the case..I hope things have changed considering how successfull the tour has been. Or is it $ > friends? Even if he won't be let back in the partnership, for tour profits alone, why the fuck not? He's the guy most every fan wants there. You have the odd Fortus nutjob like Caraibes but most of the time it's "Wheres Izzy?" on GNRs facebook.  1992 all over again, Duff Slash Axl against Izzy? Gotta love it.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I sure wish Slash would post more stuff relevant to what he does instead of all the scary stuff lol.

But to get back on topic: I think someone (@Gibbo?) was told back in March 2016 that this quote came directly from Duffs mouth: "Izzy thinks he's gonna get his fucken 25% back, that's never gonna fucken happen". If that's the case..I hope things have changed considering how successfull the tour has been. Or is it $ > friends? Even if he won't be let back in the partnership, for tour profits alone, why the fuck not? He's the guy most every fan wants there. You have the odd Fortus nutjob like Caraibes but most of the time it's "Wheres Izzy?" on GNRs facebook.  1992 all over again, Duff Slash Axl against Izzy? Gotta love it.

I don't think any of the big 3 are anti Izzy at all. I assume the opposite to be true actually. But, in their eyes Izzy left in a super shitty way and sold his stake because wanted nothing to do with the band anymore. Izzy now wants some share of it all and that's not happening and probably shouldn't either. His contributions can never be dismissed, but he isn't needed for a successful tour. That's the reality. 

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Izzy was paid in exchange for his 25%. There were various lawsuits against GNR or within GNR that Axl/Slash/Duff would have paid to fight. So from their perspective, they paid to have that 25% and they've spent money to protect/manage GNR over the years. Izzy didn't. Why should he get equal money to them? 

51 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

@Gibbo

Actually, he's got one of the coolest and interesting account (IG) out there and doesn't just use it for selfpromotion, like the GNR account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

but even DJ Ashba had the decency and brain to figure out what's best for the band (and the fans)

LOL right, as if Ashba left for the band and the fans. He left because Nikki was wrapping up Mötley and he knew that Sixx Am was gonna become Nikki's main band. And obviously as a creative guitarist being a member and performing in your own band and your own songs is preferable to being an employee doing somebody elses song, with no album release on the horizon. I'm sure he wouldn't have left, had Sixx AM remained a side project. And those other two have nothing lucrative going on, so they will never leave on their own, why would they when now they even get to play stadiums around the world?

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

LOL right, as if Ashba left for the band and the fans. He left because Nikki was wrapping up Mötley and he knew that Sixx Am was gonna become Nikki's main band. And obviously as a creative guitarist being a member and performing in your own band and your own songs is preferable to being an employee doing somebody elses song, with no album release on the horizon. I'm sure he wouldn't have left, had Sixx AM remained a side project. And those other two have nothing lucrative going on, so they will never leave on their own, why would they when now they even get to play stadiums around the world?

I don't think that it was smart from DJ to leave GN'R for SIXX:AM (that doesn't mean that I wanna have him back ). It could end in the same way as Brides of Destruction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Without knowing what he was offered, I'll happily trade my wage for his. I'll throw my house in too.

Oh wow how fucking noble of you. You're so amazing, too bad everyone can't be like you. 

11 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

its a shame he doesn't love being in GNR and doesn't accept the lucrative wage he was offered.

:lol: Yes because you were there and have all the inside information on what the offer and terms were. If only we were all so privy to such information the way you are. 

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I don't think that it was smart from DJ to leave GN'R for SIXX:AM (that doesn't mean that I wanna have him back ). It could end in the same way as Brides of Destruction.

Well. That's a different story. They did quite some touring in 2016 and played many festivals, even though not that high on the bills and released 2 albums last year. It remains to be seen where they go from here, but with Sixx not having a day job, seemingly for good, they are not bound to suffer the same fate as Brides.

6 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree that for longtime and diehard fans Izzy's exclusion is a serious bummer, but without the details we will never know if Izzy was given a fair offer. Splitting the profits equally four ways doesn't make sense at all. It does appear an offer was made to Izzy which shows that the band at least wanted him on this tour. Axl stated arrangements were made and izzy flaked or something, which historically has the been the case with Izzy.

As much of a flake as Izzy supposedly is, he was the first guy to turn in his songs for Use Your Illusion and managed to show up for all the gigs before he quit the band. He was also beating the band to the gigs on a bus while they had their own aircraft. 

Perhaps he is a flake, but the guy seems to deliver when it counts which is all that should matter really.

If not readily apparent, the offer they made was probably a pittance for a few guest spots while Izzy wanted in full-time. Naturally, they threw him under the bus. Duff would have suffered the same fate if he didn't have a stake in the band. It is what it is. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy was paid in exchange for his 25%. There were various lawsuits against GNR or within GNR that Axl/Slash/Duff would have paid to fight. So from their perspective, they paid to have that 25% and they've spent money to protect/manage GNR over the years. Izzy didn't. Why should he get equal money to them? 

You and @The Holographic Universe read my post again pls, I'm not talking about the partnership. I mean 25% of tour profits, that does not require to invite Izzy back into the partnership the big 3 had going for the last 20+ years. Izzy was probably not intending to go back to that but of the money he earns for this tour, even without Izzy, reportedly they didn't split the loot equally between the 3. Axl gets 50% and Slash and Duff 25%. Izzy wanted 25% of the earnings for every one of them equally so no one gets paid more than the other because just like in 1991, Izzy doesnt like seeing himself or anyone as a "lesser" employee than Axl in a band he created and helped make it big.

50 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sounds like you are thinking that way because you don't like Ashba. I don't like Ashba either but that's not reason enough for me to twist things to shape the way I'd like them to be. DJ is smart enough not to lie openly about someone like Axl who would call him out immediately.

10 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

The king of kings - Axl Rose said it best.

How come izzy was good enough to take the wage offered in 2006 and 2012. 

He left the band. His heart isn't in it.

Different circumstances. Slash and Duff are being offered a higher salary, In Izzy's view, and most people here, he is as important to GnR as either Slash or Duff or any other member of the classic kine ups... so for him to get less money is a slap in the face, especially if he was willing to play all the shows and all the songs. His heart isn't in it? maybe, but I'd guess that his heart would be in it, of it was less contracts and more playing and making music together.

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sounds like you are thinking that way because you don't like Ashba. I don't like Ashba either but that's not reason enough for me to twist things to shape the way I'd like them to be. DJ is smart enough not to lie openly about someone like Axl who would call him out immediately.

Axl may one day call him out on things. Ashba was and is an opportunist, did he get asked to be part of the reunion shows? maybe, Axl was close with him... but it's equally possible that he saw the hammer coming down and thought "It's better for my career if I leave rather than get replaced".

Anyway! Who cares, let's just focus on the fact that Izzy named checked mygnr! great!

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl may one day call him out on things. Ashba was and is an opportunist, did he get asked to be part of the reunion shows? maybe, Axl was close with him... but it's equally possible that he saw the hammer coming down and thought "It's better for my career if I leave rather than get replaced".

Anyway! Who cares, let's just focus on the fact that Izzy named checked mygnr! great!

Yes all those are possbilities, but just like those possibilities it could be that, just like us, Ashba realized that having him in Guns N Roses while Slash is in the band is fucking retarded. That does not take a genius to figure out, and he is a fan too. If Axl has not disputed his claims in the last 2 years since 2015 then he probably never will, because they're most likely then true.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes all those are possbilities, but just like those possibilities it could be that, just like us, Ashba realized that having him in Guns N Roses while Slash is in the band is fucking retarded. That does not take a genius to figure out, and he is a fan too. If Axl has not disputed his claims in the last 2 years since 2015 then he probably never will, because they're most likely then true.

Rest assured, all of these guys (including the big three) are basically mercenaries for cash. If the money was right and Axl wanted him in the band, Ashba probably would have stayed. The kind of exposure he would have gotten from a worldwide stadium tour to sell his stupid Ashba swag and the media opportunities to pimp himself out -- it would have been too great to resist. Can you really see Ashba turning down a chance to tour the world with a reunited GnR and play stadiums? There's no way a self-promoter like him could resist.

My guess, he was getting kicked out but Axl probably told him he can say he quit to save face in front of the press. 

7 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Rest assured, all of these guys (including the big three) are basically mercenaries for cash. If the money was right and Axl wanted him in the band, Ashba probably would have stayed. The kind of exposure he would have gotten from a worldwide stadium tour to sell his stupid Ashba swag and the media opportunities to pimp himself out -- it would have been too great to resist. Can you really see Ashba turning down a chance to tour the world with a reunited GnR and play stadiums? There's no way a self-promoter like him could resist.

My guess, he was getting kicked out but Axl probably told him he can say he quit to save face in front of the press. 

I'd agree if he would ONLY have said that he quit. But he's also saying everywhere that Axl had called him and asked him to be a part of it. And Axl hasn't disputed that to this day. And what would Axl gain from allowing him to spread that too? He knows no one wanted Ashba in the band if Slash returned. I'm of the opinion that sometimes no matter how juicy something is, if you still feel it's wrong inside you will decline it. And that's what it seems he did. The theory of him saving face is also plausible but I just don't see Axl agreeing to that with him also saying to the press everywhere that Axl asked him to stay.

37 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

DJ is smart enough not to lie openly about someone like Axl who would call him out immediately.

How would Axl know that Ashba lied? Is he a mind reader? Those were Ashba's words of his statement when he left:  "I have reached a point in my life where I feel it's time to dedicate myself to my band Sixx:A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me," 

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You and @The Holographic Universe read my post again pls, I'm not talking about the partnership. I mean 25% of tour profits, that does not require to invite Izzy back into the partnership the big 3 had going for the last 20+ years. Izzy was probably not intending to go back to that but of the money he earns for this tour, even without Izzy, reportedly they didn't split the loot equally between the 3. Axl gets 50% and Slash and Duff 25%. Izzy wanted 25% of the earnings for every one of them equally so no one gets paid more than the other because just like in 1991, Izzy doesnt like seeing himself or anyone as a "lesser" employee than Axl in a band he created and helped make it big.

no way Slash and Duff accepted 25%. Axl had all but squandered the name away before they returned, so im guessing they would tell him to fuck off offering that.

i have no evidence to back this up, but im guessing Izzy would have accepted a reasonable offer...however they lowballed him. 

Edited by -W.A.R-