Holy shit Izzy loves us

11 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

no way Slash and Duff accepted 25%. Axl had all but squandered the name away before they returned, so im guessing they would tell him to fuck off offering that.

i have no evidence to back this up, but im guessing Izzy would have accepted a reasonable offer...however they lowballed him. 

They might be less concerned with how much Axl's making and more concerned with how much money even 25% of this tour is putting in their bank accounts.

yeah so where did that use your illusion contribution thread by izzy myseriously go to?? hahah very suspect so mygnr is now being monitored/censored???/ i like how izzy is saying thanks to me and others for the unwavering support GNR CAMP stay out of the mix, this is free speech 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Hey Izzy, it's cool you're reading what we write here and it's obvious the GNR Camp is noticing. I suggest to do what you do best and keep being yourself. You really need to be involved for them to keep any sort of decent legacy alive and they will soon buckle down to making things more respectable. Otherwise this GNR reunion will continue to have the large asterix of sans tous les originales. 

Nobody looks as bad ass as the 5 together - nobody. 

On 3/10/2017 at 9:38 AM, Axl_morris said:

I would have izzy in the band tomorrow. But he turned down an offer to be in the current lineup. I don't care how much he was offered, from a fans perspective he isn't on the stage. He was happy in 06 & 12 to do it.

Illogical and ignorant way of viewing the situatuon

10 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Hey Izzy, it's cool you're reading what we write here and it's obvious the GNR Camp is noticing. I suggest to do what you do best and keep being yourself. You really need to be involved for them to keep any sort of decent legacy alive and they will soon buckle down to making things more respectable. Otherwise this GNR reunion will continue to have the large asterix of sans tous les originales. 

Nobody looks as bad ass as the 5 together - nobody. 

"We're making $3 million a night but the message board isn't happy. Better call Izzy!"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RooSaa said:

did he explain why?

I don't have the exact quote, but what he got at was he didn't see the classic 5 (and I think the UYI lineup) having essentially the work ethic to do a large tour.  He said he could only see it working with Slash and Duff, and again this was around the time of the "cancer" comment about Slash and Izzy doing some NuGN'R shows.  So I think that says a lot.  I think that says Axl honestly just has confidence Slash and Duff would be the only ones committed to the work and lifestyle of a large tour

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1

Just now, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I don't have the exact quote, but what he got at was he didn't see the classic 5 having essentially the work ethic to do a large tour.  He said he could only see it working with Slash and Duff, and again this was around the time of the "cancer" comment about Slash and Izzy doing some NuGN'R shows.  So I think that says a lot.  I think that says Axl honestly just felt Slash and Duff would be the only one committed to the work and lifestyle of a large tour

you know probably its a decent assumption, but more so he is probably more worried that something will explode, more so him and create a dysfunctional mess due to the centralisation of power among the band rather than ayotallah posing 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I don't have the exact quote, but what he got at was he didn't see the classic 5 (and I think the UYI lineup) having essentially the work ethic to do a large tour.  He said he could only see it working with Slash and Duff, and again this was around the time of the "cancer" comment about Slash and Izzy doing some NuGN'R shows.  So I think that says a lot.  I think that says Axl honestly just has confidence Slash and Duff would be the only ones committed to the work and lifestyle of a large tour

Adler can go off the rails at any time and Izzy just likes to go with the flow, so I buy that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnumpi said:

Illogical and ignorant way of viewing the situatuon

Izzy ranted unprofessionally on twitter and is playing the victim. If he's so concearned about mygnrs opinion, why doesn't he release a proper statement?

From what we can interpret, he wants equal share. Sorry but i think axl and slash bring more to a live show than a 3rd guitarist. Maybe I'm wrong but a 5 figure sum seems fair.

15 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Izzy ranted unprofessionally on twitter and is playing the victim. If he's so concearned about mygnrs opinion, why doesn't he release a proper statement?

From what we can interpret, he wants equal share. Sorry but i think axl and slash bring more to a live show than a 3rd guitarist. Maybe I'm wrong but a 5 figure sum seems fair.

Yeah over the years we can see who has been unprofessional

3 hour late concerts......

leaving concerts in between....

• Like 3

Surely taking what's offered is more diplomatic and then seeing if he can work out a new deal is better than spitting his dummy out, crying on twitter and not being in GNR.

Fans cried to Axl and slash for years for a reunion and its izzy thats letting everyone down. However sales aren't effected so it's not a loss for the band buts its a loss for all you izzy fans.

If this was axl or slash you would all be slating them for it.

Edited by Axl_morris

40 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Because he doesn't have to? He doesn't owe us anything and yet, he is practically the only one who had reached fans about the matter. He was more clear in 140 characters than Axl in a half an hour interview on brazilian TV. :rolleyes: And honestly, I don't think Izzy is concerned about anyone's opinions, he always seems to do what he wants and doesn't give a fuck. He was just thanking us on Twitter for being supportive, nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Słash said:

Yeah over the years we can see who has been unprofessional

3 hour late concerts......

leaving concerts in between....

To Axl's credit he seems to have really turned a new leaf. He has been very professional on the reunion and ACDC tours. 

Still, I think its asinine people are calling Izzy unprofessional. His issues were what? 2 decades ago? He expressed his frusturations in unoffensive and abrupt twitter posts? BIG DEAL. If the big 3 view that as offensive and unprofessional they need to grow up. When you mistreat people they get upset. Not a tough concept to grasp :shrugs:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

To Axl's credit he seems to have really turned a new leaf. He has been very professional on the reunion and ACDC tours. 

Still, I think its asinine people are calling Izzy unprofessional. His issues were what? 2 decades ago? He expressed his frusturations in unoffensive and abrupt twitter posts? BIG DEAL. If the big 3 view that as offensive and unprofessional they need to grow up. When you mistreat people they get upset. Not a tough concept to grasp :shrugs:

exactly, they would be pretty girly to take that shit to heart 

I know it's hard to not pick a side in this fight but you can still appreciate the current band and also appreciate what Izzy does as an artist. I don't think there's any reason to knock anyone here. 

Over time it will be worked out but we are barely approaching a year of this current lineup and they are touring all the way through the year...what's done is done. I wouldn't count Izzy out of future plans though. I hope we see him on stage with everyone again. 

I think even Izzy and the rest of the band are over the situation. I don't imagine Izzy is holding any grudges too long. And Axl is getting his version of the band he wants at the moment. I'm sure Duff and Slash pushed for Izzy as much as they felt they could. Axl obviously felt some loyalty to the guys in his band over the last decade, or in Richards case the last 15 years...I guess that was the difference in Axl's mind between a full reunion and a partial one. 

Regardless I see there being a solution down the line, just not this year 

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

^^^^ this!

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I know it's hard to not pick a side in this fight but you can still appreciate the current band and also appreciate what Izzy does as an artist. I don't think there's any reason to knock anyone here. 

Over time it will be worked out but we are barely approaching a year of this current lineup and they are touring all the way through the year...what's done is done. I wouldn't count Izzy out of future plans though. I hope we see him on stage with everyone again. 

I think even Izzy and the rest of the band are over the situation. I don't imagine Izzy is holding any grudges too long. And Axl is getting his version of the band he wants at the moment. I'm sure Duff and Slash pushed for Izzy as much as they felt they could. Axl obviously felt some loyalty to the guys in his band over the last decade, or in Richards case the last 15 years...I guess that was the difference in Axl's mind between a full reunion and a partial one. 

Regardless I see there being a solution down the line, just not this year 

I still support GNR, and am thrilled with what we got last year. Doesnt mean Im not dissapointed in what down with Izzy and Steven 

• Like 4

"izzy does what he wants and doesn't give a fuck"

Is that the attitude of someone who deserves equal pay? It might cut it back in the 80s but its a different ball game now.  No after parties, starting on time, no rants..etc

We all love this band. We all know the history and as zoso said Axl has acted more professionally in recent times. Maybe izzy should start doing the same?

Im not a hater, im just disappointed in why he chosen to turn his back on the band in there most successful period since UYI tour.