Holy shit Izzy loves us

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Dont feel honoured, its just that most of your post are very cringe worthy and sometimes i need to call them out. 

It would be great if you don't call them out cause your posts are pretty cringe worthy and annoying.

So it would be great if you mind your own business instead of making attacks again and again. 

2 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I don't think it works like that. At least not if the 'big three' are really partners in this. It would be 50% of the money that's left after the band and crew's salaries are paid.

TB, Richard, Frank were under contract before. They were Axl's employees. It seems they status has no changed. So Axl is the one paying them. They way the reunion was promoted and advertised GN'R is Axl, Slash and Duff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well yeah she better be happpy! She is nobody. She doesn't add anything important to the shows. Again it is not just the money. It is also about the role in band. Izzy is part of the legacy and history of GN'R. He doesn't have to settle for just playing in a few shows and just a couple of songs. It is not fair 

What is fair about him getting equal pay when he was bought out? How is that fair to the others? 

32 minutes ago, Derick said:

What role is it? Did you know exactly what role they offered to him? Because i don't. The only thing we have is that "BULLSHIT, THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SPLIT THE LOOT EQUALLY, SIMPLE AS THAT". Which leads us to think that money thing It`s the headline.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Besides, it's not like we haven't heard Steven say everywhere that Izzy "wanted to do it the right way" i assume meaning he wanted a real GnR reunion with all five of them being equal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

TB, Richard, Frank were under contract before. They were Axl's employees. It seems they status has no changed. So Axl is the one paying them. They way the reunion was promoted and advertised GN'R is Axl, Slash and Duff

Their contracts expired in 2014 and they were all told to look for other work, so it's likely there is a new deal in place for this lineup. I doubt it is only Axl who is paying them, the post you quoted sounds very reasonable.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

What is fair about him getting equal pay when he was bought out? How is that fair to the others? 

So you want Izzy to be a mere hired guy? Izzy contribute to songwriting and he is a founding member. Nothing can change that. I don't need him back in the partnership. He can get some percentage in ticket sales and merch sale

4 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Their contracts expired in 2014 and they were all told to look for other work, so it's likely there is a new deal in place for this lineup. I doubt it is only Axl who is paying them, the post you quoted sounds very reasonable.

What you said is true, it did expire in 2014 and that band was basically over.

For the reunited GN'R I guess first its the over heads, then a fixed Salary or a low percentage depending on the show for Dizzy, Melissa, Frank and Fortus.

Then the remaining amount is for the big 3 according to whatever % they decided to share with the 3 of them. 

5 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I think there is a new deal. But that doesn't mean their status has changed.

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

So you want Izzy to be a mere hired guy? Izzy contribute to songwriting and he is a founding member. Nothing can change that. I don't need him back in the partnership. He can get some percentage in ticket sales and merch sale

I don't care if he is "hired" or not. He didn't care about being "hired" to play with the previous line ups of Guns, so I'm not sure why you or anyone else cares on his behalf. 

I haven't read a post ever or heard anyone say ever that Izzy did not contribute to songwriting or that he is not a founding member, no one wants to change that, but he isn't part of the GNR partnership so regardless of his contributions, he's going to get offered what he's offered and if he is doesn't like it his only option is to NOT play, as he's decided here.

Iron Maiden had singers before Bruce, singers who left or were fired or who fucked it up, they don't just get to come back because they were there at the start, they don't get whatever they want just because. 

I love Izzy and what he did in GNR, but he's not involved because he chose to not accept what he was offered. Now, we can argue what he was offered wasn't fair or whatever but all it comes down to is izzy didn't accept the offer or role that the rest of the guys thought was fair. They thought the offer was fair, he did not, shame they couldn't work it out. I am however, far more sympathetic to Axl, Slash and duff due to them buying izzy out of the partnership years ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Słash said:

What you said is true, it did expire in 2014 and that band was basically over.

For the reunited GN'R I guess first its the over heads, then a fixed Salary or a low percentage depending on the show for Dizzy, Melissa, Frank and Fortus.

Then the remaining amount is for the big 3 according to whatever % they decided to share with the 3 of them. 

Yeah that seems like a very reasonable guesstimate of what the set up is. Something like that anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think there is a new deal. But that doesn't mean their status has changed.

You are right, it doesn't, but I don't see why it would only be Axl paying the band. Doesn't sound fair to him.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Besides, it's not like we haven't heard Steven say everywhere that Izzy "wanted to do it the right way" i assume meaning he wanted a real GnR reunion with all five of them being equal.

Yep, I agree, sometimes we need to read between the lines. But that "real GNR" don`t exist anymore since 1990. What about they go out there with AFD5`s lineup and somethig happens with Adler (drugs problems) or Izzy just decids that he don`t wanna do it anymore (because another "right reasons", again )? We all know that really can happens.. If the only way to have Izzy is with AFD5 and without that, no deal...Well,I don't think it will happen and I understand why not. Anyway, maybe we have this for the AFD anniversary, who knows.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You are right, it doesn't, but I don't see why it would only be Axl paying the band. Doesn't sound fair to him.

I think because He's still "the boss". The band is still his responsibility. If he gets 50%, it's fair.

1 hour ago, MADDOGJONES said:

i don't think he actually expects equal pay, but perhaps a decent cut whether it's % based on flat payout per show probably six figures would make him feel better and willing to take part in as much of a full time capicity possible 

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

Yep, I agree, sometimes we need to read between the lines. But that "real GNR" don`t exist anymore since 1990. What about they go out there with AFD5`s lineup and somethig happens with Adler (drugs problems) or Izzy just decids that he don`t wanna do it anymore (because another "right reasons", again )? We all know that really can happens.. If the only way to have Izzy is with AFD5 and without that, no deal...Well,I don't think it will happen and I understand why not. Anyway, maybe we have this for the AFD anniversary, who knows.

Nah, i don't think we are getting AFD 5 anymore, I accepted it long time ago. Not even for the anniversary which is a shame cause any other thing that is not reunite AFD 5 would be super lame. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i don't think he actually expects equal pay, but perhaps a decent cut whether it's % based on flat payout per show probably six figures would make him feel better and willing to take part in as much of a full time capicity possible 

You could be right but his tweet was about splitting the "loot" equally. So I guess that's what we should go on.

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

more equally would be the case 

Maybe they will work it out between them in the future, but they will never have a tour as big as this one again, so it's a shame izzy has missed out. To the general public THIS IS the reunion. They aren't getting a second go at this, the press and the excitement will never be the same  as it is now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Maybe they will work it out between them in the future, but they will never have a tour as big as this one again, so it's a shame izzy has missed out. To the general public THIS IS the reunion. They aren't getting a second go at this, the press and the excitement will never be the same  as it is now.

the only way to trump this is the original 5 apetite tour ..no pun intended

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the only way to trump is the original 5 apetite tour 

Yes, that will be a good tour for sure, but it won't be as a big as this tour. Most of the people packing these stadiums have the seen the guys they want to see, they have seen GNR. You aren't going to get the same numbers to come out again for the band just because Steven and izzy are back. The band as it is will surely be a viable touring act for many years, same if you get back izzy and Steven, but THIS was the moment. This was the big pay day. This was the reunion, you can't sell that twice in the same markets. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Yes, that will be a good tour for sure, but it won't be as a big as this tour. Most of the people packing these stadiums have the seen the guys they want to see, they have seen GNR. You aren't going to get the same numbers to come out again for the band just because Steven and izzy are back. The band as it is will surely be a viable touring act for many years, same if you get back izzy and Steven, but THIS was the moment. This was the big pay day. This was the reunion, you can't sell that twice in the same markets. 

this summer is 30th anniversary duhhh

31 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Yup. They already fucked it up to do it right. If it ever does happen, it'd be great for us die hards, but NITL is the "big one"

• Like 2