Holy shit Izzy loves us

On 3/11/2017 at 3:31 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd agree if he would ONLY have said that he quit. But he's also saying everywhere that Axl had called him and asked him to be a part of it. And Axl hasn't disputed that to this day. And what would Axl gain from allowing him to spread that too? He knows no one wanted Ashba in the band if Slash returned. I'm of the opinion that sometimes no matter how juicy something is, if you still feel it's wrong inside you will decline it. And that's what it seems he did. The theory of him saving face is also plausible but I just don't see Axl agreeing to that with him also saying to the press everywhere that Axl asked him to stay.

The problem here is that Axl doesn't address things a few months or even years after they occur. How many years did it take him to talk about the break up? AND we're STILL waiting on his book to set the record straight.

It could be ten years from now, or it may never happen. Why would Tommy say all that stuff if there wasn't a bit of truth to all things Ashba related. I think Tommy could see Ashba for what he was, and that's an opportunist.

I don't care if you liked him in GNR or not. I'm so happy he's gone, and I can't wait until the day he's no longer discussed in relation to GNR. He's had enough of a rub from GNR, time to put some real leg work in and get those generic SIXX AM albums over on his own steam and not GnR's.

9 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Who said they were "new fans"? I've been a fan since the 90's, I like some lineups better than others but I am a Guns N Roses fan, I like the current line up, love the AFD line up and I like many of the others too. They don't have to be new fans or old fans, there is only one guns n roses and that is the line up that is playing now. 

did you just say that as fact? 

come on thats like saying gnr 2001 was gnr and gnr 2006 was again gnr and now 2016 is gnr and the most classic/successful era whereby new music was released 86-93 is less GNR than now - i dont think you can say that

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

this thread feels like its been bombarded by a bunch of paid gnr camp posters trying to sabotoge the thread! 

This thread is exactly like the all others threads that we have here on MyGNR Forum.

Edited by Derick

I just wish Izzy would get out there and play with or without GN'R. It'd be great if Izzy and Adler did a tour kinda like Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony did after VH. 

I've always wondered if Izzy is out there gigging at random bars and coffee shops in Indiana going by his birth name. Can't imagine a guy like that not playing out for years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

did you just say that as fact? 

come on thats like saying gnr 2001 was gnr and gnr 2006 was again gnr and now 2016 is gnr and the most classic/successful era whereby new music was released 86-93 is less GNR than now - i dont think you can say that just my opinion  

It's all GNR! The only band called GNR that exists currently is the one playing shows. There is GNR then there are the past line ups. I state that as you automatically assumed that fans of the current line up would be 'new fans' and the people posting didn't sound like "new fans". There are guns n roses fans. Fans who like one lineup better than an other, fans who like it all, fans who don't pretend that the GNR playing shows now is "fake GNR". Anyway, I don't want to get too off topic, which i am now, we were just about on topic before, at least we were talking izzy! so let's leave this one to PM or hash it out in a different thread in the future. It's good izzy is showing some support for the forum anyway. ?

Edited by MADDOGJONES

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

back on the subject of izzy wasn't don't cry the first ever gnr song written? was this entirely written by izzy as you could say NR was kinda entirely written by axl around the same time? 

Yes it was first GNR song ever written. Great song to start off with too.

It was written by Axl and Izzy as credited, so not really like November rain, which is credited to only Axl. 

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I said that Frank or one of the thousands of sessions musicians like him - or better yet Matt Sorum, could take Steven's place if something happened and Fortus or one of the thousands of session musicians like him could replace Izzy if something happened to him. So, you try and twist my words and say "Oooh what a vote of confidence!" :facepalm: when in reality I included that point in my argument(which is clearly in defense of Izzy and Steven) because people like you keep fucking saying the same wrong, negative shit over and over again "Izzy and Steven are a risk and are unreliable." even in a positive thread that is about Izzy thanking forum members such as myself.

I'm talking about this tour because that's what is happening. I'm talking about this tour because an AFD5 reunion tour wouldn't include Dizzy Reed or Melissa Reese and would require more than just Steven and Izzy joining.

I just explained to you that I would not blindly blame Axl and the others if Izzy and Steven fucked up the AFD5 tour. If the AFD5 tour failed, me and others would be upset, about as upset as we currently are which does not matter too much to Axl, Slash and Duff or fans like you or the random general public because they only care about Axl and Slash. But here you again coming up with your negative worst case scenario hypothetical situations that haven't fucking happened lol.

If you were playing by my rules you would at least have the courtesy to have some common sense and basic reading comprehension instead of just trying to argue with me for the sake of arguing in a failed attempt to put me in my place.

Let's go to PM, mate, if you want to talk more on this. I think we're both shitting up this thread a bit, as we're moving away from talking about izzy.

10 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I don't care if he is "hired" or not. He didn't care about being "hired" to play with the previous line ups of Guns, so I'm not sure why you or anyone else cares on his behalf. 

I haven't read a post ever or heard anyone say ever that Izzy did not contribute to songwriting or that he is not a founding member, no one wants to change that, but he isn't part of the GNR partnership so regardless of his contributions, he's going to get offered what he's offered and if he is doesn't like it his only option is to NOT play, as he's decided here.

Iron Maiden had singers before Bruce, singers who left or were fired or who fucked it up, they don't just get to come back because they were there at the start, they don't get whatever they want just because. 

I love Izzy and what he did in GNR, but he's not involved because he chose to not accept what he was offered. Now, we can argue what he was offered wasn't fair or whatever but all it comes down to is izzy didn't accept the offer or role that the rest of the guys thought was fair. They thought the offer was fair, he did not, shame they couldn't work it out. I am however, far more sympathetic to Axl, Slash and duff due to them buying izzy out of the partnership years ago.

Yes, in the past Izzy was a guest, a hired guy with NuGN'R. And so was Duff for that matter. Now Duff is a full time member with rights. In your view Izzy shouldn't have any rights. I'm not saying that Izzy has the right to do whatever he wants and to get everything he wants. I'm asking for a proper negatiation. So Izzy gets something he wants and Axl, Slash and Duff get something they want.

Based on what Axl said in the t.v. interview. It seems they were not really much of a negotiation with Izzy. Axl said "arrangements were maid". That sounds like some lawyer came up with a contract and he told Izzy take it or leave it. If that was the case I understand why Izzy said no. I believe that things were not done the right way with Izzy.

31 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, in the past Izzy was a guest, a hired guy with NuGN'R. And so was Duff for that matter. Now Duff is a full time member with rights. In your view Izzy shouldn't have any rights. I'm not saying that Izzy has the right to do whatever he wants and to get everything he wants. I'm asking for a proper negatiation. So Izzy gets something he wants and Axl, Slash and Duff get something they want.

Based on what Axl said in the t.v. interview. It seems they were not really much of a negotiation with Izzy. Axl said "arrangements were maid". That sounds like some lawyer came up with a contract and he told Izzy take it or leave it. If that was the case I understand why Izzy said no. I believe that things were not done the right way with Izzy.

It's NOT in my view, it's in the view of the GN'R partnership, who refused his counter offer, which I agree with in terms of an equal share being demanded.

Izzy should demand or request whatever he wants, that's his business. i only have a public opinion on the matter as some of the things I've read on here about Izzy's "rights, etc" are ludicrous from a business point of view and I was interested in posting to defend the opposing view, as a lot of the things being said are so naive from a business perspective, so I've given my 2 cents and my 5 and my 10. I don't presume to tell Izzy anything about his rights, the guys a fucking legend, he's a bad ass songwriter and a great guitarist. I haven't made any posts saying what he should or shouldn't do, he doesn't need advice from some keyboard jockey sat in his pants, scratching his arse and eating Pringles (which is what I'm doing right now!).

Duff Mckagan was not a hired guy who became a full time guy with rights. He didn't rejoin Guns N Roses as a player and get his rights back as your sentence infers, he always had a share in the GNR partnership and was required to sign off on all GNR matters related to the old band. Izzy sold his share 25 years ago, so let's not conflate these two very disparate things, because it's misleading. This is a reunion on stage of a legal and business partnership that has existed for 25 years or something.

Izzy was offered many times to join GN'R full time over the years since he left but he always turned it down. Instead preferring live guest appearances and some sporadic and mysterious studio appearances. Axl wanted him at Rock in Rio 3, but he didn't want to do it, so despite him playing with GN'R in guest spots over the years, he's turned the gig down plenty and turned down VR too, maybe the guys are sick of courting him? Maybe it's wearing thin? They've obviously tried to have him involved in a lot of things since he left and he's been involved in very little with any of them.

It's been reported that Izzy was at rehearsals with Duff and Slash for this tour at some point so I think he may have had more contact with the guys than only through the GN'R lawyers. Regardless, I'm a fan of all of the lineups and it would be great if something could be worked out so everyone is happy, maybe on future legs?

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

It's NOT in my view, it's in the view of the GN'R partnership, who refused his counter offer, which I agree with in terms of an equal share being demanded.

Izzy should demand or request whatever he wants, that's his business. i only have a public opinion on the matter as some of the things I've read on here about Izzy's "rights, etc" are ludicrous from a business point of view and I was interested in posting to defend the opposing view, as a lot of the things being said are so naive from a business perspective, so I've given my 2 cents and my 5 and my 10. I don't presume to tell Izzy anything about his rights, the guys a fucking legend, he's a bad ass songwriter and a great guitarist. I haven't made any posts saying what he should or shouldn't do, he doesn't need advice from some keyboard jockey sat in his pants, scratching his arse and eating Pringles (which is what I'm doing right now!).

Duff Mckagan was not a hired guy who became a full time guy with rights. He didn't rejoin Guns N Roses as a player and get his rights back as your sentence infers, he always had a share in the GNR partnership and was required to sign off on all GNR matters related to the old band. Izzy sold his share 25 years ago, so let's not conflate these two very disparate things, because it's misleading. This is a reunion on stage of a legal and business partnership that has existed for 25 years or something.

Izzy was offered many times to join GN'R full time over the years since he left but he always turned it down. Instead preferring live guest appearances and some sporadic and mysterious studio appearances. Axl wanted him at Rock in Rio 3, but he didn't want to do it, so despite him playing with GN'R in guest spots over the years, he's turned the gig down plenty and turned down VR too, maybe the guys are sick of courting him? Maybe it's wearing thin? They've obviously tried to have him involved in a lot of things since he left and he's been involved in very little with any of them.

It's been reported that Izzy was at rehearsals with Duff and Slash for this tour at some point so I think he may have had more contact with the guys than only through the GN'R lawyers.

It is your view also since you think GN'R handle the Izzy issue the right way.

Duff was a hired guy when he joined NuGN'R in 2014 for the South American tour. At that time he was replacing Tommy. There was no old partnership brought back in place.

Wait! What counter offer from Izzy you are talking about? Please explain that one.

I knew about Axl asking Izzy to join NuGN'R for RIR 2001. Insane from Axl's part because he was introducing a brand new band. 

I don't know how many times he was asked to join NuGN'R. If he turned that down. He sure did the right thing. It is obvious Izzy wanted to join full time the original GN'R line up only. I don't blame him. NuGN'R was nothing more than a circus with revolving door memebers and managers. Now the question is why Axl was so desperate to have Izzy back at that time but no now when it makes a lot more sense.

VR never courted Izzy. When Slash, Duff and Sorum begun with "The Project" as they called it. Izzy called Slash. Izzy was there jamming with them. He just wanted to see what they were up to. It wasn't his cup of tea so he just kept doing his own albums.

30 minutes ago, Padme said:

Duff was a hired guy when he joined NuGN'R in 2014 for the South American tour. At that time he was replacing Tommy. There was no old partnership brought back in place.

Wait! What counter offer from Izzy you are talking about? Please explain that one.

I knew about Axl asking Izzy to join NuGN'R for RIR 2001. Insane from Axl's part because he was introducing a brand new band. 

I don't know how many times he was asked to join NuGN'R. If he turned that down. He sure did the right thing. It is obvious Izzy wanted to join full time the original GN'R line up only. I don't blame him. NuGN'R was nothing more than a circus with revolving door memebers and managers. Now the question is why Axl was so desperate to have Izzy back at that time but no now when it makes a lot more sense.

VR never courted Izzy. When Slash, Duff and Sorum begun with "The Project" as they called it. Izzy called Slash. Izzy was there jamming with them. He just wanted to see what they were up to. It wasn't his cup of tea so he just kept doing his own albums.

Yes, Duff was paid to play with NUGNR as was Izzy, what's your point? I never said Duff wasn't hired, I said he was not a hired guy who became a full time guy with rights. No one gave him anything he didn't have before except the opportunity to play under the GNR name again with Slash and Axl, which Izzy was also offered.

He joined NUGNR and helped put together what we have now with Slash, which is a new lineup and clearly a different business arrangement to NUGNR, built off a preexisting business partnership between Slash, Duff and Axl, which has existed for years. This is old guns, in business terms. Izzy isn't part of that, so your comparison doesn't make sense. Plenty like to look at NUGUNS as a different band entirely, so perhaps that will help you see it for it is in that regard. Izzy has no power because he sold his power, the others didn't.

Duff's status and value in the band now is entirely dependent on his partnership stake, which Izzy doesn't have. They haven't created a new partnership, there aren't any new partners. This tour features the three partners of GN'R and that's where the money is going. They wanted to hire Izzy but he doesn't want that, he wants an equal share of the "loot". Axl own's the name, Duff, Slash and Axl are partners in what was old GN'R, which now is GNR current, Izzy has great songs and his royalties.

On the VR thing, we're both a little wrong. According to Slash, Izzy wanted in and wanted to sing with Duff, but the others weren't into it, they thought he would be unreliable. Izzy was into it, but then got spooked when they started auditioning singers.

The counter offer is clear, he was offered 5 figures to play with the band, he declined, he wanted equal loot, they declined. If nothing the counter offer is clearly implied in his tweet, no?

This isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. But he added a new energy that we probably needed at that point." Duff.

Duff
Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Padme said:

Fine, but I didn't invent the position, I'm not playing Rock N Roll tycoon here, deciding the fate of rock stars from my airbed. GN'R decided to move ahead without Izzy, not me. I'm not telling GN'R or Izzy what they should or shouldn't do unlike plenty of others posting on this subject who presume to tell Guns N Roses how to distribute their money and run their business.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Yes, Duff was paid to play with NUGNR as was Izzy, what's your point? I never said Duff wasn't hired, I said he was not a hired guy who became a full time guy with rights. No one gave him anything he didn't have before except the opportunity to play under the GNR name again with Slash and Axl, which Izzy was also offered.

He joined NUGNR and helped put together what we have now with Slash, which is a new lineup and clearly a different business arrangement to NUGNR, built off a preexisting business partnership between Slash, Duff and Axl, which has existed for years. This is old guns, in business terms. Izzy isn't part of that, so your comparison doesn't make sense. Plenty like to look at NUGUNS as a different band entirely, so perhaps that will help you see it for it is in that regard. Izzy has no power because he sold his power, the others didn't.

Duff's status and value in the band now is entirely dependent on his partnership stake, which Izzy doesn't have. They haven't created a new partnership, there aren't any new partners. This tour features the three partners of GN'R and that's where the money is going. They wanted to hire Izzy but he doesn't want that, he wants an equal share of the "loot". Axl own's the name, Duff, Slash and Axl are partners in what was old GN'R, which now is GNR current, Izzy has great songs and his royalties.

On the VR thing, we're both a little wrong. According to Slash, Izzy wanted in and wanted to sing with Duff, but the others weren't into it, they thought he would be unreliable. Izzy was into it, but then got spooked when they started auditioning singers.

The counter offer is clear, he was offered 5 figures to play with the band, he declined, he wanted equal loot, they declined. If nothing the counter offer is clearly implied in his tweet, no?

This isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. But he added a new energy that we probably needed at that point." Duff.

Duff

Who is your source for the counter offer? Who told you about the 5 figures?

You keep brining up the old partnership when I said they don't have bring Izzy back into it. I'm saying they should be more generous. We don't know If Izzy was offered to be a full time member like Duff was. Chances are Izzy was offered to play a couple of songs in a few shows here and there. That's not right

Now if know all the details about the negotiation that took place with Izzy please explain and name all your sources.