Holy shit Izzy loves us

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Yes, in the past Izzy was a guest, a hired guy with NuGN'R. And so was Duff for that matter. Now Duff is a full time member with rights. In your view Izzy shouldn't have any rights. I'm not saying that Izzy has the right to do whatever he wants and to get everything he wants. I'm asking for a proper negatiation. So Izzy gets something he wants and Axl, Slash and Duff get something they want.

Based on what Axl said in the t.v. interview. It seems they were not really much of a negotiation with Izzy. Axl said "arrangements were maid". That sounds like some lawyer came up with a contract and he told Izzy take it or leave it. If that was the case I understand why Izzy said no. I believe that things were not done the right way with Izzy.

Duff always had rights. He wasn't a member of the band and he would have been paid to be a guest/fill in for nuGNR but legally he was always a partner of the brand itself. All that's happening now are the three guys who actually own the band are actually playing in it at the same time. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't get all the ass clowns that decided to make such a cool tweet into something negative and cause all this drama.

i completely agree, it's like there is some over the top objective and bias to turn this around and make people feel bad about supporting izzy - these kinda guys can take a hike in my opinion 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

What is fair about him getting equal pay when he was bought out? How is that fair to the others? 

And again you are harping on that fact even though you have absolutely no idea WHY he was bought out. Whether he had any chance to keep his shares or whether he was obligated to sell his shares upon leaving. Your only argument is, "Ooh, but he was bought out."

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't get all the ass clowns that decided to make such a cool tweet into something negative and cause all this drama.

Yeah, way to turn a very positive thread into the same over and over again. For once, a member of the band acknowledges the forum in a nice way and we could not even live up to it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah, way to turn a very positive thread into the same over and over again. For once, a member of the band acknowledges the forum in a nice way and we could not even live up to it. 

yeah i hate to say it, but elements of the site appear similarly to another forum site some years ago when it was offside to support slash lol 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I knew about Axl asking Izzy to join NuGN'R for RIR 2001. Insane from Axl's part because he was introducing a brand new band. 

I don't know how many times he was asked to join NuGN'R. If he turned that down. He sure did the right thing. It is obvious Izzy wanted to join full time the original GN'R line up only. I don't blame him. NuGN'R was nothing more than a circus with revolving door memebers and managers. Now the question is why Axl was so desperate to have Izzy back at that time but no now when it makes a lot more sense.

Well, if that's really true then the reason would be glaringly obvious. To gain some creditbility in the eyes of the old time fans. Coming back as GNR, being the only original member, was a bit silly. Having Izzy by his side, either as a partner or seemingly having him give his blessings as a guest, surely helped him tremendously. Also it helped to squash the feeling that every former GNR member got along with each other, but not with Axl.

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, if that's really true then the reason would be glaringly obvious. To gain some creditbility in the eyes of the old time fans. Coming back as GNR, being the only original member, was a bit silly. Having Izzy by his side, either as a partner or seemingly having him give his blessings as a guest, surely helped him tremendously. Also it helped to squash the feeling that every former GNR member got along with each other, but not with Axl.

100% thats whats so one sided about the whole thing! i went to london 2012 the second night which was way better than the filmed night and 14 years was wicked so izzy def helped axl out when he needed it and lacked credibility due to the rock n roll hall miss as well 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

There were probably other reasons besides that. Axl always seemed to want Izzy in GNR and was hurt when he left. Plus I'm guessing song writing wasn't going so smoothly at the time and he wanted Izzy to help. 

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

There were probably other reasons besides that. Axl always seemed to want Izzy in GNR and was hurt when he left. Plus I'm guessing song writing wasn't going so smoothly at the time and he wanted Izzy to help. 

Well, I guess he doesn't want him in anymore. Now he has Slash and Duff.

21 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I remeber reading about that here. Anyway I found out the so called source of the 5 figures. It is the well know former wrestler :rolleyes: Of course what he says is 120% bullshit. Guitar Player is worst than Alternative Nation :facepalm:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/izzy-stradlin-turned-down-five-figure-per-show-fee-for-gnr-reunion/59664

• Like 1

I think people are over sensitive to the Izzy not being part of the band topic and that is why it constantly springs up everywhere. Many people who argue the band's side in this situation are not bashing Izzy. Just as not all people who support Izzy's side in this think that band suck or are greedy assholes or whatever.

Of course there are some out there. And there are a few very vocal people with those opinions and they always jump in to feed the flames that this topic has to be either Team Izzy or Team GNR. Which is not the case and it makes it tough for any one to discuss the the topic itself which is already touchy.

It is touchy because passionate fans of Izzy are over sensitive to any perceived criticism aimed at Izzy. Passionate fans of the current GNR collective are over sensitive to any perceived criticism aim that the current GNR. In many cases fans on both sides of the argument are sick of feeling like they are being told they are wrong- being told they should like what they like or that they should like what they don't. In many cases this is not what is happening at all. It is just perceived that way. In a few cases it does end up there because that is where the discussion spirals down to.

I personally love speculation and discussion. I like exploring ideas with others. It is very difficult to do that when everyone gets their claws out to defend their territory. And it spreads to every thread.

Mygnrforum is a passionate fanbase and we just have to deal with the conflict sometimes. But the conflicting views are what makes it enjoyable to be a part of.

Edited by sanity_lost
wasn't finished

8 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Yes, Duff was paid to play with NUGNR as was Izzy, what's your point? I never said Duff wasn't hired, I said he was not a hired guy who became a full time guy with rights. No one gave him anything he didn't have before except the opportunity to play under the GNR name again with Slash and Axl, which Izzy was also offered.

He joined NUGNR and helped put together what we have now with Slash, which is a new lineup and clearly a different business arrangement to NUGNR, built off a preexisting business partnership between Slash, Duff and Axl, which has existed for years. This is old guns, in business terms. Izzy isn't part of that, so your comparison doesn't make sense. Plenty like to look at NUGUNS as a different band entirely, so perhaps that will help you see it for it is in that regard. Izzy has no power because he sold his power, the others didn't.

Duff's status and value in the band now is entirely dependent on his partnership stake, which Izzy doesn't have. They haven't created a new partnership, there aren't any new partners. This tour features the three partners of GN'R and that's where the money is going. They wanted to hire Izzy but he doesn't want that, he wants an equal share of the "loot". Axl own's the name, Duff, Slash and Axl are partners in what was old GN'R, which now is GNR current, Izzy has great songs and his royalties.

On the VR thing, we're both a little wrong. According to Slash, Izzy wanted in and wanted to sing with Duff, but the others weren't into it, they thought he would be unreliable. Izzy was into it, but then got spooked when they started auditioning singers.

The counter offer is clear, he was offered 5 figures to play with the band, he declined, he wanted equal loot, they declined. If nothing the counter offer is clearly implied in his tweet, no?

This isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. But he added a new energy that we probably needed at that point." Duff.

Duff

Slash and Duff never got tour money when Axl was touring with NU GNR.  

so when Axl, Slash and Duff decided to tour they all agreed to getting an equal share of that touring money.  Izzy wanted that equal share if he was to join and Axl, slash and Duff said no.

The amount they agreed on had nothing to do with anything else or who owns shares in the band.  IF Axl ,Slash and Duff wanted to be fair, they would have given Izzy an even cut of the touring royalties.

• Like 1

In 2004 i went to see VR in Madrid, the night before Izzy played with them in BArcelona, and before the concert, i met Matt Sorum, i asked for Izzy and he felt bad that Izzy wouldn't be in Madrid, so i was a little bit dissapointed.

In 2005 Steven Adler played in a small place in my neughbourhood (Granada)

In 2006 i went to Milano to see NUGNR and Axl brought Sebastian Bach, on month later GNR played in Almeria (Spain) and i didn't expect any  surprise (i didn't have internet at home that time and i couldn't know about the other concert in Bilbao) so in the middle of the concert Axl presented Izzy, and they played 2 or 3 songs of AFD. 

I remember that that night i could die in a crash accident and be the happiest person in the world.

I hope the izzy message bring more changes before the european tour.

Love Live Izzy Stradlin!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

In 2004 i went to see VR in Madrid, the night before Izzy played with them in BArcelona, and before the concert, i met Matt Sorum, i asked for Izzy and he felt bad that Izzy wouldn't be in Madrid, so i was a little bit dissapointed.

I missed the BCN one in 2004 and when I heard Izzy was there I was sad as fuck for days. :no:

10 hours ago, Padme said:

Who is your source for the counter offer? Who told you about the 5 figures?

You keep brining up the old partnership when I said they don't have bring Izzy back into it. I'm saying they should be more generous. We don't know If Izzy was offered to be a full time member like Duff was. Chances are Izzy was offered to play a couple of songs in a few shows here and there. That's not right

Now if know all the details about the negotiation that took place with Izzy please explain and name all your sources.

The basic details of the offer has made it's way through the GNR community previously and was relayed to me in person also. You can search the former info out if you want. Name my sources? With all due respect, jog on. You're not my editor and the world doesn't work like that. Go around naming sources and guess what? You don't get any info again.

You can say whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that Izzy wants equal. That's what he said so why are you asking them to pay Izzy less than he wants?

I keep bringing up the partnership because that's the reason Izzy will never get an equal split in GNR again. That's the reason izzy has no say in GNR business.

"Chances are"? You don't know so don't just make up fantasies. If you know something tell us about it, if you don't, stop guessing. You're verging on fan fiction.

Oh and I don't know all the details, I know a few details. You can believe them or not, whatever you like.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

9 hours ago, Padme said:

Well there is guy claming that Izzy got a counter offer of 5 figures. Where that thing comes from? He is talking like he was there when this so called counter offer took place. :shrugs:

And on personal note. I find it sad that people who call themselves fans are bashing Izzy because the guy wanted a fair deal. I think he is worthy of a fair deal because of his history with the band. 

If you think izzy was offered less than 5 figures, as in 4 figures, you are crazy. why does 5 figures make you so suspicious? You think he was offered less than 10,000 to play with GNR? I.e., less than 5 figures? Less than what Axl used to pay most band members in NUGNR? nonsense.

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And again you are harping on that fact even though you have absolutely no idea WHY he was bought out. Whether he had any chance to keep his shares or whether he was obligated to sell his shares upon leaving. Your only argument is, "Ooh, but he was bought out."

You are not cut out for talking business.

It's irrelevant why he was bought out, the point is he was bought out. That's the whole point.

stop making up fanstasies to support your non existent argument. 

2 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Slash and Duff never got tour money when Axl was touring with NU GNR.  

so when Axl, Slash and Duff decided to tour they all agreed to getting an equal share of that touring money.  Izzy wanted that equal share if he was to join and Axl, slash and Duff said no.

The amount they agreed on had nothing to do with anything else or who owns shares in the band.  IF Axl ,Slash and Duff wanted to be fair, they would have given Izzy an even cut of the touring royalties.

Axl, Slash and Duff did not agree to all get an equal share.

Axl, Slash and Duff are the owners of the GNR partnership. 

They split the "loot" via the partnership. Guess who isn't in the partnership?

you have no idea what they did based on your post. And there is no such thing as "touring royalites".

4 hours ago, Padme said:

I remeber reading about that here. Anyway I found out the so called source of the 5 figures. It is the well know former wrestler :rolleyes: Of course what he says is 120% bullshit. Guitar Player is worst than Alternative Nation :facepalm:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/izzy-stradlin-turned-down-five-figure-per-show-fee-for-gnr-reunion/59664

Yeah, the well known former wrestler is not who I spoke with but as far as I know he's been right about many things, certainly more than you have. What's BS is you think GNR would offer izzy less than 5 figures when Axl paid him more than that for guesting with NUGNR, but whatever, you know it all, right? 

Edited by MADDOGJONES

Not trying to pick on you @MADDOGJONES, just assuming you don't know this since you're fairly new here... That little + sign next to the quote button will let you quote multiple people. That way you don't have to make a separate post for each of your responses while you're catching up in a thread.

• Like 2