3 hours ago, ArtTavana said:

Thank you. Very kind :) It was a fun chat that's for sure! I tried to avoid gossip and drama -- this was about his addictions and how his mother had to deal with it. 

Very well done and interesting interview Art....we sure appreciate you sharing it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArtTavana said:

Check it out:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/a-candid-interview-with-steven-adler-and-his-mom-7981438

I read the book. So if you guys wanna talk about it, let's do it. If not, that's cool too. 

That's a great interview.

It kills me to hear he's pretty much retired but at the same time, it makes me so happy to see him so healthy and happy.

@ArtTavana Talking to him, what did you feel? Did you find him happy, sad, upset...? From the outside, he seems to be doing better than ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArtTavana said:

Check it out:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/a-candid-interview-with-steven-adler-and-his-mom-7981438

I read the book. So if you guys wanna talk about it, let's do it. If not, that's cool too. 

Yes, you're the first person I've seen that has read it. I was curious if there wss anything about the politics regarding Stevens book in it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's a great interview.

It kills me to hear he's pretty much retired but at the same time, it makes me so happy to see him so healthy and happy.

@ArtTavana Talking to him, what did you feel? Did you find him happy, sad, upset...? From the outside, he seems to be doing better than ever.

He seemed great. I've never had a chance to meet or speak to him before this, so I can't judge, or compare, but he seemed like a really nice guy and was nothing but class.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jungle-Natives said:

Yes, you're the first person I've seen that has read it. I was curious if there wss anything about the politics regarding Stevens book in it?

No, nothing about all about that (which is interesting). The book focuses on Steven's troubled life. It does use GN'R as the vehicle for a lot of his madness, but at the heart, this is a book about addiction, from his mother's point of view, and all the struggles she dealt with as his unofficial business manager, and, at times, she's even critical of Steven on a lot of the business dealings and accusations he's made about her. This is not a Steven Adler biography; it's about drug abuse, GN'R, and what it's like to be the mother of a rockstar. I enjoyed reading it, although, to be honest, some of the stuff about Deanna's life that had nothing to do with GN'R or Steven sort of bored me. I guess if you're a GN'R purist, this book can drag, but there's some cool stuff about the Gardner space, Slash, Axl's mom, Donington, Steven's stroke, his Will...it can be pretty dark!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArtTavana said:

No, nothing about all about that (which is interesting). The book focuses on Steven's troubled life. It does use GN'R as the vehicle for a lot of his madness, but at the heart, this is a book about addiction, from his mother's point of view, and all the struggles she dealt with as his unofficial business manager, and, at times, she's even critical of Steven on a lot of the business dealings and accusations he's made about her. This is not a Steven Adler biography; it's about drug abuse, GN'R, and what it's like to be the mother of a rockstar. I enjoyed reading it, although, to be honest, some of the stuff about Deanna's life that had nothing to do with GN'R or Steven sort of bored me. I guess if you're a GN'R purist, this book can drag, but there's some cool stuff about the Gardner space, Slash, Axl's mom, Donington, Steven's stroke, his Will...it can be pretty dark!

What is there about Axl's mom?

• Like 1

He seemed great. I've never had a chance to meet or speak to him before this, so I can't judge, or compare, but he seemed like a really nice guy and was nothing but class.

Awesome!

Some people say he has brain damage and that he's like a child. I call bullshit on all that. To me he sounds much more coherent than a certain singer and also a guy that is honest with what he wants in life.

So good to know his because there are lengthy threads in this forum with people trying to destroy him by saying his mom should have not written a book and use GNR on it.

I want to read it now. Thanks for the synopsis!! :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What is there about Axl's mom?

Just that she met her at a gig (I think it was at the Coliseum) and that they talked about their sons and that she knew then where Axl got his good looks from :)

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Awesome!

Some people say he has brain damage and that he's like a child. I call bullshit on all that. To me he sounds much more coherent than a certain singer and also a guy that is honest with what he wants in life.

So good to know his because there are lengthy threads in this forum with people trying to destroy him by saying his mom should have not written a book and use GNR on it.

I want to read it now. Thanks for the synopsis!! :thumbsup:

Oh man, I hope it isn't as bad as those clowns over at gnrtruth. I've been enjoying this forum lately. Over there, you have the typical hierarchy of pretentious fans who believe their word gospel. I was debating a point with a member who happened to be a woman and one of the admins attacked me and called me a misogynist. Okay, psycho pants. Thankfully, her hypocritical nature allows her to give a pass to the band for some of their blatantly misogynistic lyrics. Of course here today had the same issues, but they're not very active anymore, are they?

Oh but the point I was making is if you are so up in a bands shit that you are BRUTALLY criticizing them or associated persons,  it's just not healthy.

Edited by Jungle-Natives

8 hours ago, ArtTavana said:

Just that she met her at a gig (I think it was at the Coliseum) and that they talked about their sons and that she knew then where Axl got his good looks from :)

So cool! And this is true. He's a carbon copy of his mom :heart:

5 hours ago, Jungle-Natives said:

Oh man, I hope it isn't as bad as those clowns over at gnrtruth. I've been enjoying this forum lately. Over there, you have the typical hierarchy of pretentious fans who believe their word gospel. I was debating a point with a member who happened to be a woman and one of the admins attacked me and called me a misogynist. Okay, psycho pants. Thankfully, her hypocritical nature allows her to give a pass to the band for some of their blatantly misogynistic lyrics. Of course here today had the same issues, but they're not very active anymore, are they?

Oh but the point I was making is if you are so up in a bands shit that you are BRUTALLY criticizing them or associated persons,  it's just not healthy.

Omg I had forgotten about the existence of that place :facepalm:

I have no idea about th status of other forums since I barely have time to visit even this one.

BTW, aren't you from that duo of people who has a podcast with that username on YouTube?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So cool! And this is true. He's a carbon copy of his mom :heart:

Omg I had forgotten about the existence of that place :facepalm:

I have no idea about th status of other forums since I barely have time to visit even this one.

BTW, aren't you from that duo of people who has a podcast with that username on YouTube?

Yes, that's me. But my partner bailed out after only 4 episodes :(

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

may be same reason why he disrespected Slash grandma, the one who was temporarily putting a roof over his head :shrugs:

yeah then he jumped out of the moving car once confronted is axl embarassed by that, what were the particulars of what slash said in his book that 'didn't' happen

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

21 hours ago, ArtTavana said:

Was there anything that stuck out to you as really interesting that made you mull over it a bit? Something that made you think: I never thought about it like that.

• Like 1

Just now, ArtTavana said:
4 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Was there anything that stuck out to you as really interesting that made you mull over it a bit? Something that made you think: I never thought about it like that.

Well, from a historian's perspective, yes. She did say that Steven had his stroke when he was in a coma after ODing on heroin -- when most GNR fans, including the internet, think it was  cocaine-induced stroke. That got me thinking. What's the truth? In terms of outside-the-box shit, well, some of it I won't say because, honestly, I don't like to get into the gossip or revisionist history unless I can talk to both sides, or at the very least, talk to several people -- so yes, there's some stuff about Slash, but read the book for more. What got me thinking? Well, Deanna is very critical of Steven and VHI for Celebrity Rehab. Steven is not. I also wonder about Dr. Drew...like...is he a good dude or was he exploiting the addicts on his show? I just don't know. From a fan perspective, I REALLY want this footage Deanna alluded to where she watched the MTV Music Awards in 1990 and Axl said Steven was fired. I never knew about this. Weird. Wanna see it now...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ArtTavana said:

Well, from a historian's perspective, yes. She did say that Steven had his stroke when he was in a coma after ODing on heroin -- when most GNR fans, including the internet, think it was  cocaine-induced stroke. That got me thinking. What's the truth? In terms of outside-the-box shit, well, some of it I won't say because, honestly, I don't like to get into the gossip or revisionist history unless I can talk to both sides, or at the very least, talk to several people -- so yes, there's some stuff about Slash, but read the book for more. What got me thinking? Well, Deanna is very critical of Steven and VHI for Celebrity Rehab. Steven is not. I also wonder about Dr. Drew...like...is he a good dude or was he exploiting the addicts on his show? I just don't know. From a fan perspective, I REALLY want this footage Deanna alluded to where she watched the MTV Music Awards in 1990 and Axl said Steven was fired. I never knew about this. Weird. Wanna see it now...

It was a speedball, a combination of coke and heroin.

Deanna has taken Axl's announcement out of context. She makes it sound like Axl announced to the world live on the MTV Awards that Steven was fired, when in fact it was a feature interview with Axl and his backyard that was aired during the awards ceremony, it's easy to find, it's called 'famous last words', he said some negative things but I don't recall if he actually said Steve was out of the band officially on it.

• Like 2