Podcast Thread

L'HopitalsRule

I am a huge podcast fan and I was wondering who else here is addicted to podcasts? I listen to a lot of them including, Science Friday, Radiolab, Mysteries Abound, Joe Rogan, and some other stuff.  I have currently started listening to a podcast called Rabbits and it's by the same people (PRA + Pacific Northwest Stories) who do several other mystery podcasts. I highly recommend it. 

Any podcast favorites/recommendations? 

-------

Moderator comment: I've merged three podcast threads into this one. 

Stuff You Missed In History Class, The History of Iran, How To Cook With…, Nigella Soundbites, The Reith Lectures.

And all on a particular theme; The Catholic Hipster, The Chimney, The Catholic Guy Show Podcast, The Catholic Foodie and Catholic Answers Live. ROCK AND ROLL! 

12 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Stuff You Missed In History Class, The History of Iran, How To Cook With…, Nigella Soundbites, The Reith Lectures.

And all on a particular theme; The Catholic Hipster, The Chimney, The Catholic Guy Show Podcast, The Catholic Foodie and Catholic Answers Live. ROCK AND ROLL! 

I like Stuff You Missed in History Class too! Actually all the How Stuff Works podcasts are usually pretty good, I got into them through Stuff You Should Know. 

Are you Catholic or just interested in Catholicism? I'm a secular Jew who just finds world religons interesting, even though I'm really pretty much agnostic. >_< 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@L'HopitalsRule Cool, I'll try the other How Stuff Works podcasts too! I found the Butter/Margarine episode of Missed in History so fascinating. 

Yes, I'm Catholic. Of all those listed, Catholic Answers Live is the only "useful" one. The rest are just regular folks joking around.

Yes but isn't listening to regular folks joking around fun sometimes too?? C: I like Stuff to Blow Your Mind and Stuff They Don't Want You To Know (Audio) of the How Stuff Works series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Legion of Skanks :rofl-lol: 

Never heard the podcast, but that could be my dating history from oh, around 1983 to 2007!!! 

Don't act like you're not currently knee deep in skanks right now. 

SDR is also good podcast. Kind of like sex drugs n rock n roll stories podcast. 

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to a few. The Filip & Fredrik Podcast (They release an English episode every Thursday and a Swedish one every Tuesday), Rooster Teeth Podcast, Appetite For Distortion, KISS My Wax and a couple of Swedish podcasts as well.

Radiolab, Reply All, This American Life, Cracked, Serial, and Political Gabfest are all top shelf 10/10 casts.

I infrequently listen to No Sleep, My Favorite Murder, Limetown, Trumpcast, Culture Gabfest, and Revisionist History

• 2 weeks later...

I have listened to alot of podcast recently, mainly from The Guardian and BBC. Some of them are really interesting, especially in regards of daily news, science, books, etc.

Is anyone else listening to them here?

Hey y'all, this is my WBEZ and NPR podcast empire thread.

Anyone listen to S-Town yet? Not gonna lie, I cried. Beautiful story about the man who "made an insurmountable challenge out of living".

There are pics of the hedge maze floating around (it is sadly in a state of decay now) I'll post them later.

Mods, wasn't sure if this is the right place for the thread, as its not a TV show or movie. If it belongs in the other forum feel free to move 

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 1:37 PM, Dan H. said:

Hey y'all, this is my WBEZ and NPR podcast empire thread.

Anyone listen to S-Town yet? Not gonna lie, I cried. Beautiful story about the man who "made an insurmountable challenge out of living".

There are pics of the hedge maze floating around (it is sadly in a state of decay now) I'll post them later.

Mods, wasn't sure if this is the right place for the thread, as its not a TV show or movie. If it belongs in the other forum feel free to move 

Oh my god I loved S-town. That was my addiction for like a whole week.