Your first game console?

Sosso

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Dreamcast was a terrific system and I wish I never sold mine. I've always toyed with the idea of buying another one.

My original Hong Kong model blew up when I accidentally used a UK power supply with it. Bought at least 4 in the years since, will always be my favourite console.

Shenmue + Shenmue II

Crazy Taxi + Crazy Taxi 2

Power Stone + Power Stone 2

Jet Set Radio

Seaman

Samba de Amigo/Samba de Amigo ver.2000

Virtua Tennis + Virtua Tennis 2

Rez

So many classics...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Dreamcast was a terrific system and I wish I never sold mine. I've always toyed with the idea of buying another one.

You definitely should, amazing console, I bought one again a few years back as I love the retro scene. The quality of games for it compared to the lifespan of the machine is ridiculous. It can also emulate older systems really well and people are STILL making homebrew games for it.

• Like 2

I started with a Commodore 64, I loved Bubble Bobble, Kickstart, Blue Max, Yie Ar King Fu and too many others.

After that I had a Sega Mega Drive, then a PlayStation and I've had every PlayStation since and a couple of Xbox's as well as Nintendo DS and 3DS.

Ive just got a PS4 at the moment though and I really miss my Nintendo DS. 

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I started with a Commodore 64, I loved Bubble Bobble, Kickstart, Blue Max, Yie Ar King Fu and too many others.

After that I had a Sega Mega Drive, then a PlayStation and I've had every PlayStation since and a couple of Xbox's as well as Nintendo DS and 3DS.

Ive just got a PS4 at the moment though and I really miss my Nintendo DS. 

Yie Ar Kung Fu! :lol: That's a blast from the past! Actually if we're not strictly talking consoles, we had a ZX Spectrum 48k, Commodore 64, Atari ST and an Amiga 500 in our house at one time or another when I was a kid growing up. Come to think of it I must've played nearly every computer/console there's been since the early eighties, I even vaguely remember an Atari 2600 when I was really young but the Mega Drive was the first that was actually mine. :lol: I've never really been into handhelds though apart from the original Gameboy, weirdly. :shrugs:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Yie Ar Kung Fu! :lol: That's a blast from the past! Actually if we're not strictly talking consoles, we had a ZX Spectrum 48k, Commodore 64, Atari ST and an Amiga 500 in our house at one time or another when I was a kid growing up. Come to think of it I must've played nearly every computer/console there's been since the early eighties, I even vaguely remember an Atari 2600 when I was really young but the Mega Drive was the first that was actually mine. :lol: I've never really been into handhelds though apart from the original Gameboy, weirdly. :shrugs:

I loved those old systems, the Commodore used to drive me mad when you would sit there for ages waiting for it to load a game looking at those funny coloured lines, only to realise it didn't work and you just wasted half an hour :lol:

Ive played on most consoles, friends had the nes/snes and they'd play on my mega drive. I can remember playing Sega Rally a lot too, probably on the Dreamcast or Saturn, can't remember which. 

I think I will always say PlayStation and PS2 are my favourite consoles out of all of them. The original birds eye GTA, Burnout, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Jack and Daxter blew my mind :lol:

I miss hand helds now mostly because my husband hogs the PS4 for Fifa and my son has it the rest of the time for racing games, so I don't get a look in any more! 

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I loved those old systems, the Commodore used to drive me mad when you would sit there for ages waiting for it to load a game looking at those funny coloured lines, only to realise it didn't work and you just wasted half an hour :lol:

Ive played on most consoles, friends had the nes/snes and they'd play on my mega drive. I can remember playing Sega Rally a lot too, probably on the Dreamcast or Saturn, can't remember which. 

I think I will always say PlayStation and PS2 are my favourite consoles out of all of them. The original birds eye GTA, Burnout, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Jack and Daxter blew my mind :lol:

I miss hand helds now mostly because my husband hogs the PS4 for Fifa and my son has it the rest of the time for racing games, so I don't get a look in any more! 

:lol: Yeah, those loading screens on the Speccy and Commodore were pure torture, half an hour of violent noises and colours then the game would crash! :lol: We had those machines and then the Atari ST/Amiga 500 early/mid-eighties so never had a NES or Master System, though, as you say, friends had them. Sega Rally was on the Saturn, me and my best mate spent many an hour duelling away on split screen on that, happy days! :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My first console was NES 8bit. me and my 5 sisters got that when i was 5. But my first own console i bought was a SNES! wanted that game for years, then i finally could afford one. Bought it for like 90$ in todays value from a friend.. I still have both the NES and SNES in my man cave :headbang: i still love retro games! Metroid <3

In one of the beat em up games i got called 'Final Fight. on SNES, there's this enemy named Axl and Slash :P thought that was funny back then.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

after all is said and done, the N64 will always be my favorite console.

i like the artstyle of its games, with very basic textures. this left room for your imagination to fill in the gaps. the only downside were the frequent framedrops. but the amount of great hidden gems is astounding. destruction derby 64, san francisco rush, lamborghini, castlevania, f1 racing championship, wipeout 64, ridge racer 64, top gear rally, duke nukem zero hour, doom 64, mortal kombat trilogy, perfect dark...

the N64 offers limitless playability

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.3.2017 at 0:17 PM, Dazey said:

This bad boy. 

sys_Atari2600JrB.jpeg

Those joysticks were a pain in the a....no, hand (if you experienced otherwise, I don't want to know what you did with them. :P)

Fortunately those 438290-A.jpg were released not that much later.

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

mine is easy....NONE! never could get into those. i think i hit the tail end of going out to "play". hide and seek. tag, etc and then those years between tweens and teens where we discovered truth or dare :P

lol, we got it after i had my 1st baby. Too many years ago:lol:

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 8:00 PM, -W.A.R- said:

i was mostly a PC gamer until i got a PS2 in 02.

had a trove of computer games that are classic status today (everything from Road Rash, GTA 2 to Sims, Wheel of Fortune) but somebody stole them when they broke in...wish i still had them

get Penny from Big Bang Theory to get 'em back for ya!! :P seriously, that sucks dude :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amstrad 6128 was the first gaming and programming experience that I had , 

then switched to AMIGA 500 where played endless hours with my friends

and around 1993 I bought a SEGA Game Gear which was one of the first portable color consoles.

Nowadays I have a PS4 where I enjoy playing when I have my old buddies around :)

• Like 1