Could this work for CD2/Red Panda ?

Wintersun (one of the best bands on the planet) have asked their fans for $750,000 via a crowdfunding package. The money would be spent on their own building/recording studio (Wintersun Towers) where they could then finish work on the OTT Epic near mythical album TIME II

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/wintersun-is-crowdfunding-an-ungodly-amount-of-money-for-its-new-studio

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/wintersuns-crowdfund-has-raised-over-200000-for-its-headquarters-in-three-days

Fans have been waiting 5 years for TIME II and since this crowdfunding  where you can purchase digital files of a different album (The Forest Seasons) has already raised over $200,000 in 3 days it looks like they'll do anything to hear it

So forget Chinese Democracy, TIME II is now the greatest album you've never heard

so could the next GnR album be crowdfunded?

LEGEND OF THE RED PANDA STARTS NOW!!!

But seriously, no, this wouldn't work.

For whatever reasons, Axl has made it very clear that he never wants anyone to hear new music.  Nothing is going to change that...not even dangling a purse-ful of money in his face.  Geffen tried that for over ten years, remember?

CD 2 really? do you guys REALLY belive "CD 2" is gonna see the light of day?

haha and WHY would GN'R ask fans for funding on a new album? i think they got enough money to sort that things out for themselves if they actually want to release a new record. That sort of thing would never ever happen. I mean GN'R is one of the biggest rock bands there is. Maybe if Dizzy were to only member they would have to look for funding

Edited by estranged_85

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Uh no....lol, he didn't actually.

"I do want to put out more music with Guns n' Roses " (China Exchange Q&A)

I'd take that as a statement that he wants to release music. I wouldn't hold my breath though. He also wanted to release the follow up to CD and it never came out.

13 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

"I do want to put out more music with Guns n' Roses " (China Exchange Q&A)

I'd take that as a statement that he wants to release music. I wouldn't hold my breath though. He also wanted to release the follow up to CD and it never came out.

Exactly....thank you for making my point.  What Axl says and what actually happens are often quite different.  Just bc he says something doesn't make it clear that is actually what he wants or intends...or at the very least comes with a volume of disclaimers that are left unsaid.

Of couse Axl will keep saying he wants to release more music. Can you imagine how the media would react if he went honest and said "I'm done with making music"? This is damage control. There's still a part of the fanbase (the nutters) that still believe in Axl's lol vision and they are dangerous, Axl is wise to keep them hoping.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Exactly....thank you for making my point.  What Axl says and what actually happens are often quite different.  Just bc he says something doesn't make it clear that is actually what he wants or intends...or at the very least comes with a volume of disclaimers that are left unsaid.

The guy you quoted was technically correct (the best kind of correct!). So I had to point it out. However, I also had to add my little bit of editorial in as well.

He said he was working on new music. And he said he wanted to put out new music so I will believe him.  I just also know that it may not work out for him and it may not always be what he wants. Things happen. People change their minds. :shrugs:

Edited by sanity_lost

8 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

The guy you quoted was technically correct (the best kind of correct!). So I had to point it out. However, I also had to add my little bit of editorial in as well.

He said he was working on new music. And he said he wanted to put out new music so I will believe him.  I just also know that it may not work out for him and it may not always be what he wants. Things happen. People change their minds. :shrugs:

Understand...but here's why it wasn't "made clear" as I was pointing out to the poster who said it was:

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For those that always use the phrase "Axl said..." just remember that the dude has contradicted himself SO many times through the years, that "Axl said" really isn't a strong argument for either side of any one debate.