Let's play '30 Day Music Challenge'

Tori72

Day 16

I was introduced to classical music mainly via movies, starting from when as a kid I saw Amadeus and Disney's Fantasia. I don't have deep knowledge or anything, but I quite enjoy classical music including baroque and some contemporary.

I'd like to post more, but I'll limit myself to these two pieces by Haendel and Schubert as they were arranged for the Barry Lyndon film score (Stanley Kubrick's films have a great selection of classical pieces from all eras).

Spoiler

Full "original" Haendel's suite and full version of Schubert's piece (it was shortened for the score):

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ooooo love this movie and have the soundtrack. Lovely music! 

They have a "Somewhere in Time" weekend every year at the Grand Hotel.

John Barry did some beautiful soundtracks and, of course the the James Bond themes.  Can't believe someone else knows this soundtrack!:thumbsup:

Edited by Fansince88
Still half asleep

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Day 16

I was introduced to classical music mainly via movies, starting from when as a kid I saw Amadeus and Disney's Fantasia. I don't have deep knowledge or anything, but I quite enjoy classical music including baroque and some contemporary.

I'd like to post more, but I'll limit myself to these two pieces by Haendel and Schubert as they were arranged for the Barry Lyndon film score (Stanley Kubrick's films have a great selection of classical pieces from all eras).

Hide contents

Full "original" Haendel's suite and full version of Schubert's piece (it was shortened for the score):

great pics! i love the harpsichord

here's mine:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dgnr said:

DAY 16

Can we all agree that this is classical? :nervous: It's just classical music scares the shit out of me and I actually love this so much :heart:

That is TANGO !! :bitchfight:

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Great pics of music everyone! 

I still love this thread but my real life is holding me back and also the server has been unavailable for a while for me. I will catch up as soon as I can work my laptop again. Cannot insert videos on my mobile.

Yeah, me too... also, not motivated sometimes....

If we didn't post for days do we lose the challenge?

Can we still participate?

:P

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

They have a "Somewhere in Time" weekend every year at the Grand Hotel.

John Barry did some beautiful soundtracks and, of course the the James Bond themes.  Can't believe someone else knows this soundtrack!:thumbsup:

Well, my mom got me into it! We both love "period movies" and English miniseries like Doc Martin, etc. :) That is really cool about the "Somewhere in Time wknd!" I have always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island too since that is where they filmed Anne of Green Gables...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If we didn't post for days do we lose the challenge?

Can we still participate?

:P

No :max:. You broke the circle, now the huge ass will haunt you in your dreams :max:

j/k :P:wub:

20 minutes ago, Słash said:

Day 16 

Omg, I knew somebody would post Pachelbel....a cellist nightmare :rofl-lol:

OK lost my phone so couldn't post on this thread yesterday so catching up. Day 14 best cover:

Im not a big classical fan,  but I love Opera does that count? First started listening as a little girl when I heard this and was stunned by the voices. Not the same version but great performance 

7 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well, my mom got me into it! We both love "period movies" and English miniseries like Doc Martin, etc. :) That is really cool about the "Somewhere in Time wknd!" I have always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island too since that is where they filmed Anne of Green Gables...

Omg you are my kindered spirit me too, even dyed my hair red when I was little to look like Anne, they have a festival every year.