Let's play '30 Day Music Challenge'

Tori72

Not many choices for me today.

I'm leaving out bands that were forced to disband at their creative peak because a prominent member (and driving force) passed away, e.g. Joy Division and Nirvana; those bands would have a lot more to give if it weren't for the tragic deaths, but I don't know what would they have evolved into in the long run. From the bands that had broken up for other reasons than death many have been fully or partly reunited and been active (even on irregular basis, e.g. for just a few shows) at some point in the recent years and, apart from GnR and maybe a couple of others, I'm not particularly interested to see more (full reunion/new music) from any of them than they have already done after their comeback; other bands that I like are either too old and/or their members passed away in the meantime.

So, although for variety reasons I usually don't post something from a band that has already been picked for the day, I'll make an exception for this day. Oasis, The Smiths and CCR (although the latter are old) would be all interesting to see back together (and considering their history and that their break ups were anything but amicable).

I'll go with The Smiths just for statements like this: "I would rather eat my own testicles than reform the Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian." (Morrissey) :lol:

Day 24

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

DAY 25

Delilah is a song Mercury dedicated to his favourite female tortoiseshell cat, which was called Delilah.

IMO the song is NOT really a masterpiece, but i have to take it because of freddies great love for cats

This fanmade video is so cute to watch

...is there a second great rock singer outthere who has a huge love for kitties:ph34r:

• Like 1

Day 25.  I was vaguely aware of who Queen were, until I watched all 16 hours of Live Aid. This performance, and the way Freddie Mercury engages the crowd during the chorus (1:33) , really changed the way I listen to music and gave me my first appreciation of a live performance.  

Edited by Fansince88
Need coffee
  • Like 3